Brandon and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

eball

7 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Don't know if this has been posted, but here's a statement from his parents. I can't imagine being in this situation. As a parent, I would obviously believe in my son and this would kill me.

"The rule of law is innocent until proven guilty. That is not our experience. There has been war waged on our son. He has been tried and convicted in the media based on information released solely from the alleged victim and her attorney, much of it through social media. People have taken his information as factual, when it is not. We do not wish this experience on anyone, but question why our son is the only one receiving this kind of treatment by social media and national news media. The vitriol has been on him alone. He has been extorted, discriminated against, harassed and the subject of multiple and continuous threats of violence and death. He has been released from his job and our entire family continues to receive horrific threats of violence and death. We have all been canceled. Every member of our family."

Arazia's parents later wrote in the statement:

"Salacious rumors grew as fact. There are multiple witness reports to deny the claims that are made against him. The legal system is designed to find the facts and make decisions. They should be allowed to do that."

On Saturday, the Bills released the 22-year-old following allegations that he raped a then 17-year-old girl in San Diego back in 2021.

Arazia has now been named in a civil lawsuit.

Can't imagine the pain.

While the media in Buffalo is clutching their pearls and thinking how they can use this to further their careers (looking at you Jay Skurski), a family and their future are ruined, based on something that may or may not be true. 

Anyways, on to football. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Optics . . . . I hate how people are using this word now. 

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Maybe you're just not used to the optics of how they use it. :D

The only alternatives I can think of... "for appearances sake" "that's a bad look."

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

All I know Beane better get a punter because if he is just waiting to have someone fall from the stars and be a average or good kicker is not going to happen.

He is going to have to find someone sooner than later right after all the teams reach their final 53 man roster.

With God's guidance.. Brett Kern will end up a Buffalo Bill. And Beane will again be noted as a Wizard.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Nobody was criticising Beane at the macro scale. But him having to admit he screwed the pooch on the person evaluation as much as the talent evaluation on Ford, then the Araiza situation, then having to cut a guy he gave a pretty guaranteed FA deal to 5 months ago (including a dummy year to kick some cap dollars) is a bad week by anyone's standards. It is arguably his worst week as a Bills GM. 

He has had more than enough good weeks to compensate it and many very good weeks, but nobody is nitpicking here. People were just pointing out a fact - the last week has been a bad one for Brandon Beane - he himself would acknowledge that, I guarantee you - and some fans are too sensitive to hear that. 

Nobody is saying Beane sucks or Beane should be on the hotseat or Beane is a disaster. It started in the cuts thread as a very simple statement "Beane has taken a few Ls recently." That should not be a controversial statement. It is a matter of fact that he would agree with. I still don't want to swap him for someone else. 

The low-information fans, which are most, are saying that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.