Bills cuts

Chandler#81

35 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Sorry for not keeping the comedy going, but I wonder if,how and when can they protect guys on the p.s. I love Mike Love and I think Alec Anderson will turn into a good Guard. Of course I like others , but how many can you protect?

I think it’s 3-4 players protected per week. And no cap on number of protections per player.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

OK, now I got HeeHaw in my head...Where oh where are you tonight? Why did ya leave our punt room with none? We searched the draft over and thought we found Punt God...you boffed a drunk chick and Pffffthpppp you is gone...(sp?)

....allegedly....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nosejob said:

Sorry for not keeping the comedy going, but I wonder if,how and when can they protect guys on the p.s. I love Mike Love and I think Alec Anderson will turn into a good Guard. Of course I like others , but how many can you protect?

Technically you don't totally protect any practice squad players.

Each game week you can protect 4 PS players early in the week.  This is so any players that may be needed and "elevated" for that week

cannot be poached by another team.

The catch is after the week these players go back onto the practice squad and are eligible to be poached every Tuesday.

No PS player is completely protected.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Airseven said:

I think it’s 3-4 players protected per week. And no cap on number of protections per player.

Protected doesn’t mean what people think though.

PS players are not “protected” - you have players that after Tuesday you can protect for the week as expected call-up’s, but after the game until the next Tuesday they are free to be picked off the roster just like any other player.

You can not choose someone and keep him from getting signed once they go to the PS.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, FLFan said:

I suspect these are cuts that are not priority for resigning to the PS. Those they will save for a mass cutdown in hopes they will get lost in the wash with the hundreds of others being cut at the same time around the league. 

IIRC since he’s been here Beane has made cuts early and some of those cut do end up on the PS. 

• Agree 3

44 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Protected doesn’t mean what people think though.

PS players are not “protected” - you have players that after Tuesday you can protect for the week as expected call-up’s, but after the game until the next Tuesday they are free to be picked off the roster just like any other player.

You can not choose someone and keep him from getting signed once they go to the PS.

Well the protection is that another team has to sign them to their active roster. 

4 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'd like to keep him over Smith and Dodson

McDermott keeps 6 LBs every year.  Smith to Commish List and Spector can be the 6th.

No decisions need to be made until Smith is eligible to come back.

Gilles-Harris is the only wildcard.

3 hours ago, nosejob said:

OK, now I got HeeHaw in my head...Where oh where are you tonight? Why did ya leave our punt room with none? We searched the draft over and thought we found Punt God...you boffed a drunk chick and Pffffthpppp you is gone...(sp?)

....allegedly....

HeeHaw doesn't get in your head. It gets in your soul.

35 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

HeeHaw doesn't get in your head. It gets in your soul.

I hated that show.  My Dad used to watch it all the time.  In a one TV home, Sabres are on, nope watching Hee Haw.  Then he’d find and watch the same episode on another channel.

“Smalltown, Missouri, population 423. Salute !”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

I hated that show.  My Dad used to watch it all the time.  In a one TV home, Sabres are on, nope watching Hee Haw.  Then he’d find and watch the same episode on another channel.

“Smalltown, Missouri, population 423. Salute !”

Thankfully my knowledge of HeeHaw is limited to flipping through the dial and maybe the ending credits while I waited for the next show to come on.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.