Anybody Concerned About Our Defensive Backfield?

Irv

I'm a little worried.  Both Safety's are banged up and are not that young.  We have White out for who knows how long.  He might come back less than 100%.    We might be starting a rookie CB on one side.  The other CB doesn't have a lot of experience.  Just in our division, we make fun of Tua here a lot, but Waddle, Gisecki, and Hill are no jokes.   How will we defend Kupp?  Nervous.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Irv said:

I'm a little worried.  Both Safety's are banged up and are not that young.  We have White out for who knows how long.  He might come back less than 100%.    We might be starting a rookie CB on one side.  The other CB doesn't have a lot of experience.  Just in our division, we make fun of Tua here a lot, but Waddle, Gisecki, and Hill are no jokes.   How will we defend Kupp?  Nervous.  

McDermott can piece together a secondary from an arena football league squad… worry not. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, ßookie_tech said:

Those are legitimate concerns. I think the pass rush will be dangerous this year hopefully taking some pressure off the secondary. 

And our offense will be keeping opposing offenses desperately trying to keep pace with Josh and Co.  Good luck can be done but I'm not expecting it to occur with any frequency to be overly concerned.  If adjustments need to be made I believe this team has the right coaches and players to make them and not have too many bumps.

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Irv said:

I have been thinking pretty much exactly the same things. I don’t expect White to be back to 100% this season. Elam was the 1st round CB I didn’t want to end up with. Even if I’m wrong about that, rookie CBs almost always struggle. I still really like Tauron at Nickel though.  But I don’t love our depth. Ditto our safety depth behind our two dinged, aging studs. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Unles we’re playing Patrick Mahomes or Tyreek Hill in the playoffs then I’ll never be worried about our pass defense

OK Stafford is World Champion.  Who's going to stop them?  Kupp?  

My only concern is that until Tre White comes back and demonstrates he is unaffected by his injury, Buffalo is without their top corner.  Dane Jackson, Kaiir Elam and  Christian Benford have all played at or above expectations when they've been on the field, but none of them are Tre White.  A team with a top notch WR could give Buffalo trouble.

• Like (+1) 1

Yep, a little bit. 
Don’t know Tre’s status.  Rookie starter. Backup starter.  Poyer/Hyde should be good to go. 

You hope our stronger D Line should help….  But then you also look at last season and notice that our D may have seemed better because we played against garbage QB’s for much of the season.  This season we’re playing against much better QB’s that can get the ball to their WR’s. 

Hoping Elam develops quickly and Tre comes back soon at 100%

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Irv said:

OK Stafford is World Champion.  Who's going to stop them?  Kupp?  

The Bills defense will because winning a ring doesn’t automatically make someone elite. A better question is how are the Rams gonna stop Allen if he picks up where he left off?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.