Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

8 minutes ago, Billznut said:

He will be gone within the next 3 days. They have to find a punter first. 

As silly as this is…in the world of PR and media spins….it might look better to cut the guy before you even have another punter. That would kind of flip the narrative to say the Bills just don’t stand for it and that’s worth even more then the roster construction.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

ive been in the wait and see crowd, and 99% because i trust sean and kims judgement. if coach came out and went to war for matt tonight, i woulda been ready to roll with that. the opposite happened, for me now im all set, time to get outta the kitchen. 

There is one more terrible scenario out there.

The Bills knew and still drafted him!

THAT would be horrible and disgusting and defeat EVERY word out of McD’s mouth about character and culture.

I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED!

But, I certainly want McD and the GM to say that they were misled and the info never, ever came up!

And pronto!

58 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Maybe I'm old-fashion, but I have an issue with anyone being punished based on accusations and assumptions alone.  Now if any part of this ends up being true I will immediately help yeet him out of town.

Well, the Bills have a real mess on their hands and they have hard decisions to make.  Just the fact that Araiza was involved in this type of situation is a red flag.  The Bills have to protect themselves and their reputation, they need answers of the evidence here. If the girl's rape test shows multiple DNA?  The statuatory issue?

If there isn't real clear problems with the victim's story then I won't want to support this franchise if they keep Araiza.  

I get your point about innocent until proven guilty, but this isn't a trial.  This is a business decision based on a terrible situation with most of the worst facets involving Araiza.

You can always go support the Browns.  They stood up for your principles.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

As silly as this is…in the world of PR and media spins….it might look better to cut the guy before you even have another punter. That would kind of flip the narrative to say the Bills just don’t stand for it and that’s worth even more then the roster construction.

agree.  Punters will become available in the next few days, no doubt (in addition to the street FAs already out there)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

What would be the purpose of waiting? If they've decided to cut bait then you cut bait. It's not as if they cut him tomorrow AM and then suddenly won't be able to sign a punter. On the contrary, they'll have every unemployed punter in the league banging down their door.

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think this should put to rest the theory that the locker room would be torn apart it they got rid of him and didn't "back the player innocent until proven guilty"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

You are wrong sir. Law enforcement constantly uses polygraphs to eliminate suspects. It’s not used as a means to create suspects…but often times (constantly) used as a way to eliminate suspects from a pool. They need to pass with flying colors. If Araiza can pass at least two polygraphs from independent administrators (at least one being from the plaintiff) that would prove his case!

No I’m not. 

The vast majority of polygraphs administered in this country are to law enforcement job applicants. And only about 60% of police departments use it for that purpose.

The federal government attempted to arrest people who were teaching others how to defeat a polygraph. 

Polygraphs identify liars better than a coin flip does, to be sure. But it’s not a cure-all. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

McDermott said let’s start by talking about the thing with Matt but then every question he’s asked he keeps saying he’s not going to get into it. 

I counted 12 variations of "I'm not going there".  McDermott said volumes by not saying anything.

• Agree 1

Just now, stevewin said:

I think this should put to rest the theory that the locker room would be torn apart it they got rid of him and didn't "back the player innocent until proven guilty"

Absolutely. The locker room could care less about a rookie punter who they don’t know personally at all. They obviously liked him and loved that he was capable of 82 yard punts, but they haven’t gone to war with Araiza. There would be ZERO effect to the 2022 Bills to cut bait with him at this point. Which is why it will happen very soon. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Tim Graham and Joe Buscaglia are enthralled and obsessed with this. They are truly moral superiors.

They are journalists. Journalists LOVE anything controversial. This story will never die. That’s why the Bills will cut bait very soon. They dont want this derailing their season, no matter how much they thought Araiza would help the club. 

Edited by Billznut
  • Like (+1) 1

Two other teams drafted punters before the Bills took Araiza, who was clearly the highest rated punter in the draft.

Why did they know enough not to pick him and the Bills did not?

Did the Bills know and take a chance that it would just go away?

Otherwise, why did the Bills think he was dropping and teams were drafting other punters?

McD looked uncomfortable and  pissed off to be in that situation.

• Agree 1

Just now, 716 said:

Maybe that's the "work" McD was referring to?

I think “the work” McD was referring to was letting something like this fall through the cracks during the pre draft process. And apparently post draft as well. I think he feels blindsided by all this and isn’t pleased at all at multiple people in the front office. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

This blew my mind.  He could have said no.  He said much more by not answering.

He said what PR people surely advised him to say.

Ill read into his visible look and demeanor.  Not reading anything into the answers.  Social Media is so toxic that he quite literally cannot say anything other than what he said.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1