Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

Being reported on espn. Ariza participated directly in the gang rape and young woman's piercings were ripped out.

Victim says ariza poured her the drink that knocked her out.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34460423/buffalo-bills-punter-matt-araiza-two-san-diego-state-football-players-accused-gang-raping-minor-lawsuit

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Being reported on espn. Ariza participated directly in the hang rape and young woman's piercings were ripped out.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34460423/buffalo-bills-punter-matt-araiza-two-san-diego-state-football-players-accused-gang-raping-minor-lawsuit

ESPN is the standard for facts are they? 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Being reported on espn. Ariza participated directly in the gang rape and young woman's piercings were ripped out.

The timestamp says that's from yesterday...and it just says "accused." Not new news.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

Maybe. I'd have to think someone could go "STOP CALLING ME THAT PLEASE" and they'd probably stop. Anyway, maybe I'm wrong. I feel like a guy who's ready to tell a gal he screwed to test for STD's is a guy who has like ZERO moral compass and one should think long and hard about how important he might be to your team that ends up on the 50 in 2 plays and thus an 80 yard punt means little to nothing.

You’re wrong. He’s on record saying he doesn’t love that nickname.

Here’s a video of him saying that at the 4 minute mark. Hopefully that’s enough for you. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that he wasn't a full-time punter until the 2021 season, and that his NFL stock rose because of his punting that occurred during that season.  He was principally a kicker before 2021 and, to my knowledge, he wasn't on NFL radars as a kicker.  So I think my prior point stands.  

He was a very good kicker as well. 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s not the Bills MO to move on from. Player before letting facts play out. He’s denying that he did this. Two other situations I recall where they let accusations play out are lesean McCoy and Tyrell Dodson. Did not move on from either one.

Were the accusations this serious though?

I don't recall the incidents with McCoy/Dodson so I'm not saying your wrong, just curious

9 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

I mean you can but if there is no basis that's falsifying legal documents.

I mean I hope you sue me tomorrow for a bogus claim so I can come back at you with defamation, slander etc

You don't get to do that based on how many are treating the situation in this thread.

It's guilty by accusation. You don't get to come back with anything.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No. Araiza was the top player at SDSU and an NFL prospect entering his senior season. He was well known. He was “Punt God” we’ll before being drafted.

This was kept very quiet. The girl immediately claimed rape and went to the police. She went through hours of testing less than a day after the alleged rape. There was no shakedown plan. 

What makes this case will be her friends. She claims her friends found her bloody and beaten immediately after. We’ll see if that’s true.

If I understand correctly, Araiza’s attorney is not claiming a rape did not take place , or a rape did take place.  His stance is Matt had consensual sex with this girl outside while she was cogent, then she went into a room and what happened there he has no clue. 

at least that is how I interpreted the attorney, but I could be wrong. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

one sidenote to this discussion. If a person has ever been the victim of a sexual assault type charge, my experience has been that you will immediately be dismissed as a potential juror by the defense in most any criminal trial The sentiment being that a victim would always be pro law enforcement pro prosecution. That pisses me off frankly. So now I as a potential juror are also tainted as not being able to discern correctly or be objective because someone ese victimized me first. 

got that off my chest. smh its true though. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

At this point, if I was the accuser, I would be seeking new representation. Her attorney is making statements and immediately contradicting them. Any victim or potential victim of a sexual crime deserves better. 

Edited by extrahammer
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, muppy said:

one sidenote to this discussion. If a person has ever been the victim of a sexual assault type charge, my experience has been that you will immediately be dismissed as a potential juror by the defense in most any criminal trial The sentiment being that a victim would always be pro law enforcement pro prosecution. That pisses me off frankly. So now I as a potential juror are also tainted as not being able to discern correctly or be objective because someone ese victimized me first. 

got that off my chest. smh its true though. 

I mean the pursuit is for objectivity in Juror selection theoretically, right? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

You don't get to do that based on how many are treating the situation in this thread.

It's guilty by accusation. You don't get to come back with anything.

That's not the theme ive gotten.

Yes some have jumped to conclusion ON BOTH SIDES.

Most have been level headed saying If true he needs to be punished and that goes beyond football.

What I cant put up with is people in here victim shaming and blaming here for being at that party. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

25 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I mean the pursuit is for objectivity in Juror selection theoretically, right? 

the defense  have seconds to make snap judgments on jurors so I get it. it still just bothers me for clearly personal reasons.

Edited by muppy