Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

8 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

this is all one side’s story - conjecture at this point. It also doesn’t explain her injuries.

It doesn’t.

But what Araiza’s attorney alluded to is now interesting. He basically said someone may be held liable criminally for what happened to the victim but Araiza shouldn’t.

I went back and re-read the OP’s article. It said one of the accused was a freshman last year on the football team. That same person is not on the roster this year.

I definitely don’t know what happened but it appears Araiza’s attorney is lining up a great defense for him. All it takes is multiple people saying they heard this victim telling people she was 18, especially is she was in Araiza’s company at any time, and having people say he wasn’t in that room. Araiza would never have to take the stand in his own defense.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Your question was asked and answered  in dozens of posts here a few hours ago....

This thread is 62 pages. I read 30, saw people reiterating the same thing over and over and this wasn't one. Apologies if I rehashed something I missed

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

ok thanks.

Is there somewhere mentioned a claim by witnesses that she was telling everyone she was 18?

As far as I know Araiza’s lawyer was stating he has witnesses making statements claiming that the victim was saying she was 18 the night of the party. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, julian said:

Man I don’t want to agree with you on this, but I want that super bowl badly so I’m waffling but leaning towards let’s just move on and stay focused on the goal

Dude, knowing this team and beane and mcd.... if they have credible witnesses, believe he didnt act maliciously..... that team has had a family sit down to say- hey this is whats coming. this is why were standing behind mat. we stick up for our players when we believe in them. as a team, this isnt going to effect our goals. the media might be brutal, but this is us taking a stand for someone who could just as easily be YOU. -- THAT IS A STRONG LOCKER ROOM MOMENT

If that meeting hasnt happened, and the bills are standing behind their guy, that meeting will happen. If thats what beane and mcd do, i think theyve earned the trust of the team to get benefit of doubt. hell, this could be somewhat of a rallying point for the team. Does this sound unreasonable? I truely dont think it does.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Simon said:

I was referring to your insinuation that she "had sex with multiple other men" when visual evidence seems to show she was violently assaulted.

She said she had sex with multiple men.  Her claim and words.  

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

Arazia claims to remember nothing about that night, so he can’t really say he thought she was 18. 

On a phone call in which he is not under oath. I think a good defense attorney will state that the question asked was accusatory and that this answer was his way of ending the conversation. If the DA has access to witnesses that say she had been misrepresenting herself, he won't need to have a defense.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Come on!  DIdn't you go to college keggers and tell everyone there you were 17 and/or a HS'er and to give you beer?

I went to more than a few college keggers in college.  Absolutely zero women were asked how old they are.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

As far as I know Araiza’s lawyer was stating he has witnesses making statements claiming that the victim was saying she was 18 the night of the party. 

That's a fairly meaningless if she was drunk

Just now, appoo said:

I think she'd tell you she was intoxicated she wasn't capable of relaying this information

So it's incumbent on Araiza to know she's 17 when she doesn't provide that information and witnesses say she claimed to be 18? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, phypon said:

She said she had sex with multiple men.  Her claim and words.  

I believe her claim was that she was raped, not that she had sex with other men.

If you can't differentiate between the two, you might as well just show yourself to the door right now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

Come on!  DIdn't you go to college keggers and tell everyone there you were 17 and/or a HS'er and to give you beer?

Actually…. Yes, and it worked surprisingly well. I had a bunch of 20 year old lady’s babying me like a little brother and one of them hooked me up with her younger sister the next week. 🤷‍♂️. Granted, that was back in the 90’s. 

• Like (+1) 1