Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe. I’ll give it a minute but something does not add up here. 

Yeah I'm going to let the dust settle a little before I get out any pitchforks. I'm still glad Haack is off this roster and if we have to sign a cut punter he'll be no worse than 37 yard Haack.  Hopefully the truth comes out.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Are lawyers allowed to just release /show these kinds of texts to anyone and everyone.. ? 

Why is he even releasing this to the public?

Yea I'm sorry.  If you got an open shut case this kind of ***t isn't necessary.  

Instead it makes you look defensive and I know what that means.  

I'll trust the Bills here until further notice that Araiza actually is a rapist.  

He's still a punter and they've had over a month minimum to figure this out.  

So the Bills are trusting the lawyer and their player over an accuser which isn't a huge surprise.

Haack wasn't good so him being cut wasn't really a huge indication.

To be honest it feels as if guilty or not; the supposed victim definitely has an ax to grind with Matt but whether its for legitimate reasons remains to be seen.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I don't believe that's correct.  From the link in my post to which you're replying:

It sounds as though if there are less than 3 years age difference, it's always a misdemeanor.

If it's more than 3 years age difference, but the alleged victim is over 16, it can be either.

Now from a criminal conviction POV obviously the difference is significant, but again - Tyrell Dodson was suspended by the NFL for 6 games when he pled guilty of a misdemeanor charge.

You certainly could be correct. My Google Law Degree is worth very little.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t know what’s bothering me more the fact that I am saying that in a text form or the fact that he is releasing it

Something similar happened in the Alex Jones sandy hook case. the lawyer for Alex Jones sent a history of text messages accidentally To the plaintiff’s lawyers where the plaintiff’s lawyer repeatedly asked for privilege and sense Joneses lawyers never classified them as such he was able to use them publicly

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well who knew any of this 90 minutes ago? Did you? I didn't. None of the media did either or we'd have heard about it before today.

It was in the public domain on 30th July. There was a very early post on this thread about it though, for whatever reason, it was overlooked by the press.

I think you have to cut him regardless of whether or not you're sure he's guilty. The accusations are possibly the worst for an active NFL player since Hernandez.

He's just a punter and a rookie at that. The cost of being wrong is so much higher than the value of being right.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 2

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

I'll trust the Bills here until further notice that Araiza actually is a rapist.  

To show they’re after money.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Or don’t trust anyone because the NFL is a garbage can and allows players to get away with literal Murder. 

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Unless she’s trying to rile up the public so he just settles with her to make it all go away. A TV interview would do that. If there are inconsistencies with her story she’ll lose, she’s hoping for a settlement. I wonder how much she’s suing for? 

I don’t think she’s suing for money; she’s doing this to get it into the public domain.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

To show they’re after money.

That’s not correct it all the Araiza parents according to the text where the ones offering to make this go away for moneyThat’s not correct it all the Araiza parents according to the text where the ones offering to make this go away for money

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Or one could be amazed at the instant social media conviction of a player by people who don't know really much about the facts of the case.  You are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, but we as a society lovvvvve to convict in the court of public opinion the moment we get a sliver of a story.  

There is a lot of evidence here that maybe he isn't as guilty as the rush judgers have made him out to be given the Bills kept him after they investigated the matter and is playing tomorrow still in a meaningless preseason game.  

You have issues with court of public opinion when it comes to the accused, but have no problem when it comes to victims. "Maybe he isn't as guilty" as if any of it is ok.

• Eyeroll 6
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

If so, then the phone call may be able to be used for a civil charge, but not a criminal charge?

Califirnia is a two party consent state so the calls recorded can’t be used as evidence that should apply in civil cases too

• Like (+1) 4