Stadium Renderings are here!!!

Steel City Mafia

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I've been--Staples Center is in the heart of downtown LA (i.e. "the city")  As an example, it makes a point opposite of that which you are trying to make. 

Put a Staples Center complex in downtown Chicago and, yeah, people would go in numbers. 

Have you been there lately? Specifically I mean since they opened LA Live next door? 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

What happens the rest of the week/months?  People are going to head out to Arlington to have a steak?

Soldier Field has it's share of bars/restaurants nearby. 

The people aren't 20-30 miles away. It makes sense for Chicago. It's similar to the Cardinals' stadium in Glendale "20 miles" outside of Phoenix. The entertainment district there is active year round.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I've been--Staples Center is in the heart of downtown LA (i.e. "the city")  As an example, it makes a point opposite of that which you are trying to make. 

Put a Staples Center complex in downtown Chicago and, yeah, people would go in numbers. 

that is the point i was making though..that type of complex in the burbs in Chicago will flourish year round. no need for game to be there...

Edited by plenzmd1

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

The people aren't 20-30 miles away. It makes sense for Chicago. It's similar to the Cardinals' stadium in Glendale "20 miles" outside of Phoenix. The entertainment district there is active year round.

Phoenix isn't Chicago.   Chicago is the entertainment district of Chicago.

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

that is the point i was making though..that type of complex in the burbs in Chicago will flourish year round. no need for game to be there...

If they put the Staples Center in Whittier, no one is going there for entertainment on non NFL game days. 

I guess initially, the folks who live near that Arlington complex would check it out.  After that, it's not going to be a draw for people far and wide.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

The Pegulas are going to be at the nicest stadium in the league tomorrow. They will probably be calling the architects saying "oh we definitely also need this, this, and this" afterwards. 

So we have a budget for a stadium but still no blue print I’m not an Engeneer but you would think it should be the other way around 

4 minutes ago, Putin said:

So we have a budget for a stadium but still no blue print I’m not an Engeneer but you would think it should be the other way around 

I deal with contractors all the time. This is exactly how it is. 

Owner: I have this much

Contractor: we can do it for this much (assuming nothing comes up)

• Thank you (+1) 1

I was looking through the stadium plans and then it clicked: can El Pegual really own TWO NFL stadiums at the same time (Highmark and the new one)?  I know its in the same market but it seems like its playing fast and loose with league bylaws.  I know this question came up a lot when he bought the team and no one really knew the answer.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I was looking through the stadium plans and then it clicked: can El Pegual really own TWO NFL stadiums at the same time (Highmark and the new one)?  I know its in the same market but it seems like its playing fast and loose with league bylaws.  I know this question came up a lot when he bought the team and no one really knew the answer.

Fugettaboutit, Kim's gonna own the new one

21 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Rampage….with all due respect, and speaking as an architect….we are NOT the ones who come up with that word. The architects are hired to design what our clients request. As I’m sure you know that these facilities are very expensive. Constructing any venue that’s only used 10 times a year is pretty ridiculous when you stop and think about it. But with regards to Chicago I believe they’re talking about a multi-venue complex, much like SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles. The Arlington Park site is a former horse race track, just like Hollywood Park was where SoFi currently stands. What most people outside of LA don’t realize is that the SoFi site is also home to The Forum (where the Lakers used to play), and that the new Clippers arena is under construction on the same site. The football stadium itself even includes a second indoor concert venue under the same shared canopy roof. It’s a HUGE multi-use development with shared parking, office buildings and housing. It’s an amazing project! 

My two cents. Sorry for the lengthy post. 

Ah good, nice to see a fellow architect here.

On 8/8/2022 at 8:17 AM, Steel City Mafia said:

Update: "We're very, very, very, super, duper close" to seeing a sketch of the new stadium.

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Phoenix isn't Chicago.   Chicago is the entertainment district of Chicago.

If they put the Staples Center in Whittier, no one is going there for entertainment on non NFL game days. 

I guess initially, the folks who live near that Arlington complex would check it out.  After that, it's not going to be a draw for people far and wide.

Ever spent time around the burbs of Chicago? It’s a PITA to get into the city. I used to spend a lot of time in the outskirts of the city and I think a huge number of Bears fans would welcome the proposed venue. And I think it would draw year round (throw a top golf nearby, etc) 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Ah good, nice to see a fellow architect here.

42 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hey Art! I love what you did with the addition to the Guggenheim. 😉

Get a room!

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

We're another day closer. 

Too bad we can't do fun pictures with numbers like that other countdown thread...

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Technically, he won't own two of them. One will be an NFL stadium and the other will be a non-nfl stadium and then it will switch. 

• Like (+1) 1