Stadium Renderings are here!!!

Steel City Mafia

Are we very close yet? 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Ever spent time around the burbs of Chicago? It’s a PITA to get into the city. I used to spend a lot of time in the outskirts of the city and I think a huge number of Bears fans would welcome the proposed venue. And I think it would draw year round (throw a top golf nearby, etc) 

More than half the population of the county lives in Chicago.   The folks in northern Cook County and parts west may check out the complex in the off season, but not sure what the big draw would be.  A concert here and there.  Chain restaurants?  A movie theater?  

Plus it would need massive public funding.  If the team is paying for the stadium, it's hard to imagine what incentive the County or state would have to pitch in for this speculative complex.

41 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

More than half the population of the county lives in Chicago.   The folks in northern Cook County and parts west may check out the complex in the off season, but not sure what the big draw would be.  A concert here and there.  Chain restaurants?  A movie theater?  

Plus it would need massive public funding.  If the team is paying for the stadium, it's hard to imagine what incentive the County or state would have to pitch in for this speculative complex.

I take it you don’t live in the Midwest…

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Malazan said:

Technically, he won't own two of them. One will be an NFL stadium and the other will be a non-nfl stadium and then it will switch. 

He won’t own either 

he doesn’t own the Ralph , Erie county does 

and NYS will own the new one 

17 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I was looking through the stadium plans and then it clicked: can El Pegual really own TWO NFL stadiums at the same time (Highmark and the new one)?  I know its in the same market but it seems like its playing fast and loose with league bylaws.  I know this question came up a lot when he bought the team and no one really knew the answer.

He doesn’t even own one lol