Kyle Brandt's new daily podcast, Josh Allen is a weekly guest every Tuesday.

Draconator

Some points:

- His leaping over people is based on a feel he gets on what a guy has done prior and his read on the flow of the game

- Allen got a huge bruise on his butt from the leap after falling and sliding...

- heading to Orange County to hang out with family on the bye week and hitting up some shopping and a bunch of restaurants in the area

- gave "The Princess Bride" a "C" and said he actually fell asleep during the movie

- movie assigned this week is "Point Break" - LOVE that movie and cannot wait to see what he thinks of it!

- team is happy going into the bye week 5-1 considering they left a lot out there still and are getting guys back healthy

- said he loves Dawson Knox and is his best friend but he would never let Dawson marry his unborn daughter, nor Dawson's son 😂

- Allen was shown the Hertel Ave renamed Hurdle Sign with a lifesize Josh on top of it

- Allen said he can dunk a basketball but doesn't do it much because he is heavy and it is tough on his joints

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

On 10/12/2022 at 4:22 AM, Ray Stonada said:

You gotta love Josh.

For those who didn't watch, Brandt asked him about the Steelers game and the Chiefs game and Josh was excited about:

1) Dorsey calling the shot play that led to Gabe's 98 yard TD (most coordinators, he says, would rarely call that from your own 2). 

2) Kahlil Shakir and James Cook's first TDs, and Kaiir Elam's first INT. Said it was special to be part of that for them. 

3) Making fun of Shakir for forgetting to grab his first TD ball, and saying he was tracking it for Cook too, but Cook remembered.

4) Chiefs game is, believe it or not, just another game. What happened last year has no bearing on it.

5) Pat Mahomes and Travis Kelce are great players and great people, and he's become friends with both.

6) Winning football games has a lot to do with having love for each other as a team, he mentioned this multiple times.

7) Arrowhead is the loudest stadium (I've been hearing that since '91), but Bills Mafia still takes the cake for best fan base.

8 ) It's surreal that some consider him and Pat the Brady vs. Manning of this era. He's just trying to live his dream.

Something cool about Josh Allen is that he somehow finds the little things to appreciate, and be amused by, even though the things he does are being watched by millions, and he doesn't get lost in all the hype, at all. You get the feeling he would be having just as much fun trying to excel in anything he tried, in or out of the spotlight. 

You gotta love Josh!

It's amazing that with everything else going on, he's still concerned with the rookies getting their first TD balls as keepsakes.  The guy is a football savant.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Some points:

- His leaping over people is based on a feel he gets on what a guy has done prior and his read on the flow of the game

- Allen got a huge bruise on his butt from the leap after falling and sliding...

- heading to Orange County to hang out with family on the bye week and hitting up some shopping and a bunch of restaurants in the area

- gave "The Princess Bride" a "C" and said he actually fell asleep during the movie

- movie assigned this week is "Point Break" - LOVE that movie and cannot wait to see what he thinks of it!

- team is happy going into the bye week 5-1 considering they left a lot out there still and are getting guys back healthy

- said he loves Dawson Knox and is his best friend but he would never let Dawson marry his unborn daughter, nor Dawson's son 😂

- Allen was shown the Hertel Ave renamed Hurdle Sign with a lifesize Josh on top of it

- Allen said he can dunk a basketball but doesn't do it much because he is heavy and it is tough on his joints

I suppose I had to find something I disliked about this man

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

There are basketball players who are his weight and size and they dunk.  Maybe he needs more practice?

I cannot believe Josh will let anyone beat him on anything.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Some points:

I swear, I think Josh hears "Never do that again" "Don't do that" "Slide" and it's like the far side cartoon, "Ginger, get out of the trash" "Ginger, no!" where the dog hears "Ginger, blahblah.  Blahblah, Ginger!"

He was so enthusiastic about dinner with this group of family, dinner with that group of family, and all the restaurants he wants to hit up, he may be waddling back into the building next week and the equipment guys may have to let out his jersey

INconceivable!  But at least he's being honest. 

LOL this was AFTER he said Dawson Knox is the epitome of what it means to be a man, and is the sort of man you want to marry your daughter 😂

13 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I swear, I think Josh hears "Never do that again" "Don't do that" "Slide" and it's like the far side cartoon, "Ginger, get out of the trash" "Ginger, no!" where the dog hears "Ginger, blahblah.  Blahblah, Ginger!"

We used to hear that every time he did it, not as much anymore, I think he broke the team.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Listening to Brandt’s podcast today and apparently they had McDermott on GMFB today (I missed it) and asked him about the Josh Allen film fest. First movie he recommends is Vision Quest. Hahahaha

Gotta hand it to him, he's incredibly self-aware

On 10/18/2022 at 9:31 PM, Big Turk said:

Some points:

He gave a movie he fell asleep in a "C"?? What constitutes an "F"? 

On 10/18/2022 at 11:21 PM, Limeaid said:

There are basketball players who are his weight and size and they dunk.  Maybe he needs more practice?

I cannot believe Josh will let anyone beat him on anything.

While he is the Buffalo Bills Quarterback I support his restraint. 

12 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Highlights:

-says he needs to cut those dumb plays from last week out moving forward

-says Jets D has a lot of young talent and is playing well

-Sauce's name was brought up and Allen was asked what his favorite sauce was...says A1 but he likes it on fries and not his steak, but under    intense questioning admitted that he does put it on steak sometimes if it needs it and that he loves it and grew up on it.

-Said 100% of the profits on JA17 Coffee and the wing sauce sold at Wegman's go to the Patricia Allen fund

-no discussion with Rodgers about The Princess Bride which Rodgers(and Brandt) love but Allen is not a fan of

-Westbrook, Maine is a small town with a lot of Bills fans apparently that is trying to vote Josh Allen for mayor --Allen's response is hilarious

-Some Harambe talk

-McDermott clip played from Brandt's interview with him on GMFB last week talking about the Allen Film Festival, which McDermott is aware of, said they need to add Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Vison Quest and Top Gun to the list. Also said that grade for Princess Bride needs to be bumped up a little. 😂 Allen said he saw FBDO and LOVED it, and Top Gun also, but has not seen Vision Quest.  Neither had Brandt, so they are both watching it...I haven't either so I am going to watch it as well...not surprisingly it is a movie about high school wrestling, which is McD's thing since he was a state champion in high school.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.