Kyle Brandt's new daily podcast, Josh Allen is a weekly guest every Tuesday.

Draconator

2 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Josh is coming on in 5 minutes to discuss Vikings loss:

This is the first time I have watched that show. It was fun. Josh seems pretty relaxed around Kyle Brandt, so it is a relaxed conversation, lots of softballs.  This is Josh's version of Aaron Rodgers on the McAfee show.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Summary:

Josh is having a home theater built and it's almost ready. He said he's feeling good, can't complain. First movie he'll watch will be Top Gun Maverick.

Kyle told Josh his son Calvin still thinks he is the best player in football. Josh said he appreciates that.

They watched Von Miller's remarks about how excited he is to turn this thing around, how he hopes teams will thing they are done, so they can surprise them. Josh said he's a first ballot Hall of Famer, and they've watched the film, they saw what went wrong, and now it's time to hit the practice field and fix things. The Bills are moving on, it sucks to be 6-3 and to have lost two in a row, but they are looking to next week.

Josh described his process, you go in and talk through the game on Mondays, and it's never as bad as you think and never as good as you think when you watch the film. The Bills haven't gotten into a rhythm in the second half the last few weeks, but they will work like hell. And they don't want to not face adversity, they want to grind. 

Kyle asked about the fumbled snap on the goal line. Josh said they were running a push dog, the ball slipped away, Gabe didn't know the ball was on the ground, and it got away. He likes that they still had a great 2 minute drill after that to tie the game.

Josh seemed more tense and more intense than usual but slowly he loosened up a little.

He mentioned the Bills are not a bad team, but they've been hurting themselves a lot. (So true.) They have to clean that up.

Kyle asked if he reads the criticism after losses and Josh said he tries to block it all out, negative and positive, after wins or losses. He's trying to be the best quarterback he can be for the team, and do the job as well as he can.

Josh said last Monday the doctors were pretty pessimistic that he could play. But he said he was optimistic, he grinded hard, spent countless hours rehabbing, and in the hyperbaric chamber, but it was his goal and he made it.

Josh is not into Stranger Things, but he knows Myles Garrett dressed up as someone from it--Vecna, says Kyle.  

Josh considers Thanksgiving one of his top 2 holidays, after Christmas. His favorite thing to do is give gifts, and then he loves mashed potatoes and gravy. He said he gets asked what he wants for Christmas all the time, by his teammates and his family (I noticed he didn't mention Brittany), and he doesn't really want anything. He likes giving gifts, not receiving them.

Kyle watched Vision Quest (McDermott's favorite movie), it's about the darkest, weirdest high school kid who wants to wrestle. Josh (who didn't watch it) said he'll tell McDermott Kyle's review. For next week, he will watch Planes, Trains and Automobiles for next week.

Thank you for the recap as I don’t typically have time to sit and watch something due to my surroundings…would be able to watch but not listen!

Appreciate the recap!

Go Bills!

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I honestly wanted to post this as it's own thread because I feel it deserves it.

I restrained myself.

Anyone wondering why Buffalo was so sluggish in the first half against Cleveland, watch the first half of this interview 

Thanks for posting and thanks to all those in Buffalo who gave a helping hand to the team and, more importantly, anyone who needed it!!!

Go Bills!

…oh and I got to watch this one because I am on vacation this week!  Haha.   Thank goodness for small miracles.  

Edited by JohnnyBuffalo
Added note

4 hours ago, Mango said:

God, Kyle Brandt is so annoying. What a terrible interviewer. I keep trying to like his podcast since Josh is on, but it’s so forced and awkward. 

Huh… I feel the exact opposite! It’s a super casual show. Kyle keeps it light and fun. Seems very on brand. I don’t sense anything forced and I appreciate how little Kyle talks about himself.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

Huh… I feel the exact opposite! It’s a super casual show. Kyle keeps it light and fun. Seems very on brand. I don’t sense anything forced and I appreciate how little Kyle talks about himself.

Kyle’s brand is a combination of WWE and trying to copy the authenticity of guys like McAfee or PMT. 

Brandt is all gimmick and no substance. 

“Josh, you’re a first round pick. What’s your first round pick for thanksgiving sides?” He’s always all “hammed” up. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, JohnnyBuffalo said:

Thanks for posting and thanks to all those in Buffalo who gave a helping hand to the team and, more importantly, anyone who needed it!!!

Go Bills!

…oh and I got to watch this one because I am on vacation this week!  Haha.   Thank goodness for small miracles.  

They’re posted on YouTube every week.  In case you didn’t know

29 minutes ago, Mango said:

Kyle’s brand is a combination of WWE and trying to copy the authenticity of guys like McAfee or PMT. 

“Josh, you’re a first round pick. What’s your first round pick for thanksgiving sides?” He’s always all “hammed” up. 

He is totally unwatchable to me. I haven't listened to his podcast but I would not be at all surprised if he is unlistenable too. 

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He is totally unwatchable to me. I haven't listened to his podcast but I would not be at all surprised if he is unlistenable too. 

I liked him at first a year or two ago. But it just doesn’t stop. He doesn’t have another gear. It’s the same schtick on repeat. He’s fine, he just doesn’t need an hour or podcast. Just a character on a panel is fine.

On 11/23/2022 at 1:39 PM, Mango said:

He’s an entertainer.  If his brand of entertainment isn’t your cup of tea, so be it.  I don’t think he lacks substance at all — he simply puts a lot of effort and enthusiasm into presenting that substance.  Can’t we be a society that can say we don’t enjoy something without implying that anyone who does is an idiot?

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.