Jordan Poyer elbow injury

YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

My major concern. I wasn’t concerned with the Hyde injury, but this feels different for multiple reasons. Pain in this general area normally only stems from something serious. Rarely will you have minor issues with visible pain in the elbow area. 

?

Unsure that's true

Well that sucks. This team has been very lucky with injuries for the most part the last few years (sans Tre White), almost an anomaly really but you wonder if that luck is finally running out and a regression to the norm is coming this year on the injury front.

Either way might be time to tap the breaks on the SB hype vehicle in hopes of not jinxing this team any further.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Hoping for the best. As long as it is not a bicep tear, even with surgery he probably is back before mid-season.  Dislocated elbows or even a broken bone heal faster than torn muscle/tendon.  

From a tweet on the first page even if worst case should be okay for week 1? No idea myself. But I hope that's true. 

2 minutes ago, Process said:

From a tweet on the first page even if worst case should be okay for week 1? No idea myself. But I hope that's true. 

That guy doesn't seem to share his credentials in sports medicine.

I'll be waiting for an assessment from Bangedup Bills once we know more about it

38 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

My major concern. I wasn’t concerned with the Hyde injury, but this feels different for multiple reasons. Pain in this general area normally only stems from something serious. Rarely will you have minor issues with visible pain in the elbow area. 

You ever hit your funny bone?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

While I understand people saying cancel all remaining practices and camp, you really do need these sessions to get your team aligned and in the spot they need to be for week 1. Bills medical staff has been top notch at keeping guys healthy and preventive injury so I got faith with that. Hopefully it is a hyperextension as said so far.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Thanks for this update!

I think "hyperextended elbow" says more about the mechanism of injury than what was injured

https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/what-to-know-about-a-hyperextended-elbow

When severe hyperextension happens, it may cause damage to the surrounding muscles, tendons, cartilage, and ligaments. This injury is immediately noticeable due to pain.

So it could range from bruising/tissue damage that will heal on its own with RICE, PT, and bracing

or

Torn ligaments, muscles, tendons or cartilage that require surgical repair

Timeline "Weeks to months"

Need to just wait on the MRI

Wishing Poyer the best, not just as a Bills fan but because he seems like a chill guy despite the wife who is "plenty"

6 minutes ago, corta765 said:

While I understand people saying cancel all remaining practices and camp, you really do need these sessions to get your team aligned and in the spot they need to be for week 1. Bills medical staff has been top notch at keeping guys healthy and preventive injury so I got faith with that. Hopefully it is a hyperextension as said so far.

It's just always tough taking injuries in July and August as opposed to week 7.  

Immediate reaction is always "these practices are just not important."  Of course they are....

Only positive is better now then later so long as they aren't season derailing.   

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.