NFL Draft 2022 Second & Third Round Discussion Thread

UKBillFan

Every team in the AFC East improved. I was a bit angry with Elam at 23 when would could have used the 4th tomorrow.

Beane redeemed himself with one of the best picks of the second round.
The Bills simply don’t have as many needs as the Dolphins, Jets, and Pats.
These teams absolutely need to hit on their draft picks as their quarterbacks are middle of the

road at best while the Bills are set for the next decade with one of the best players in the sport. 
So far the draft is a B. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

Two reaches from the Bills IMO. I like Cook but he was really a third round (though completely understand it) and Bernard is more like a fourth or fifth round pick. Not sure about the thought processes considering the players left on the board, especially the latter.

Disappointing.

Edited by UKBillFan

I don't know what the Bills' plan is at receiver but my board is hollowed out pretty good there. I hope they can find a way to trade up into round 4. Maybe their 5th and the 1st pick of round 6 to get back to around #130...... because I just don't think there is going to be much there for them at receiver by round 5... and then Jake Kumerow and/or Isaiah Hodgins becomes a real thing. 

• Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Love Beane and while he’s had solid success in the first round, he’s struggled in rounds 2 and 3. Knox is the exception thus far. But yet strong again in the later rounds. Odd

Singletary has been largely fine.  Basham is still a question mark, as he hasn't had enough time to really show what he's got. Moss and Ford are disappointments, but they were consensus decent picks at the time. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't know what the Bills' plan is at receiver but my board is hollowed out pretty good there. I hope they can find a way to trade up into round 4. Maybe their 5th and the 1st pick of round 6 to get back to around #130...... because I just don't think there is going to be much there for them at receiver by round 5... and then Jake Kumerow and/or Isaiah Hodgins becomes a real thing. 

I have to think any receiver they draft now is going to be a PS type player. 

if they are seriously worried about depth, we just need to sign a vet. Even Manny Sanders could be an option.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Two reaches from the Bills IMO. I like Cook but he was really a third round (though completely understand it) and Bernard is more like a fourth or fifth round pick. Not sure about the thought processes considering the players left on the board, especially the latter.

Disappointing.

It seems like the guys they wanted were snatched up right before their pick, making the 2nd and 3rd pretty disappointing.  At least Cook will play.

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Long wait until the Bills select again.  62 guys will be off the board.  Challenge to our resident draftniks.... who do you have the Bills targeting in the fifth round?

The Bills will draft a Himalayan mountain goat and a bumblebee with an odd number of wings. Beane will tell us, in the pressers, that the NFL is moving towards low-oxygen playing environments, and that nobody has figured out how to cover a bumblebee with five wings...

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Love Beane and while he’s had solid success in the first round, he’s struggled in rounds 2 and 3. Knox is the exception thus far. But yet strong again in the later rounds. Odd

Harrison Phillips, Dawson Knox, Devin Singletary, Cody Ford, AJ Epenesa, Zack Moss, Boogie Basham and Spencer Brown are the 2nd and 3rd round picks by Beane.   Four starters and four rotational players.  Solid track record IMO.

Just now, Floydboy12 said:

Kyle Phillips and Bo Melton I think are still available. Not sure either lasts till the 5th. Jalen Nailor and Charleston Rambo maybe there. The value right now looks to be some good interior lineman still on the board. 

Agree IOL and TE are wherr there is still se functional depth on the board.

Phillips and Melton are both slot only though. The Bills need is more a developmental outside guy as at the moment behind Diggs and Gabe they only have Jake Kumerow and Isaiah Hodgins neither of which are good options. 

I don't know how early Doubs and Ross will go tomorrow but I would be trying to find a way to land one of them. It is arguably the biggest hole on the roster right now. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Calvin Austin, Bo Melton, Khalil Shakir and Romeo Doubs are the only four WRs I have left as draftable. I hope they can get one…

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Didn't you have a 4th on Isaiah Weston?

They brought Charleston Rambo in........which I took as a harbinger for not giving a sh*t about their fastball. :lol:

30 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

***** gross…. I truly believe they want to run the ball more and are ok with lack of depth at WR.

I also agree they want to run the ball more, and don't love that as a hypothetical shift in offensive philosophy. 

Luckily, there is PLENTY of room between the Bills recent run/pass imbalance and something more...balanced. They can run more and still not run a lot.

Consider the load management benefits for Allen if beating the 2-deep shells doesn't fall solely on his body. Consider the strategic benefits for Dorsey if defenses can't just sit back and take away the intermediate and deep zones (which Allen has also shredded with his better performances).

41 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I also agree they want to run the ball more, and don't love that as a hypothetical shift in offensive philosophy. 

Luckily, there is PLENTY of room between the Bills recent run/pass imbalance and something more...balanced. They can run more and still not run a lot.

Consider the load management benefits for Allen if beating the 2-deep shells doesn't fall solely on his body. Consider the strategic benefits for Dorsey if defenses can't just sit back and take away the intermediate and deep zones (which Allen has also shredded with his better performances).

I think they want to run the ball more effectively, slightly more, but I don’t see a major shift tbh..  James Cook has legit WR skills.  Georgia used him as a WR out of the backfield, out of the slot and outside.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.