NFL Draft 2022 Second & Third Round Discussion Thread

UKBillFan

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't know what the Bills' plan is at receiver but my board is hollowed out pretty good there. I hope they can find a way to trade up into round 4. Maybe their 5th and the 1st pick of round 6 to get back to around #130...... because I just don't think there is going to be much there for them at receiver by round 5... and then Jake Kumerow and/or Isaiah Hodgins becomes a real thing. 

***** gross…. I truly believe they want to run the ball more and are ok with lack of depth at WR.

• Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Love Beane and while he’s had solid success in the first round, he’s struggled in rounds 2 and 3. Knox is the exception thus far. But yet strong again in the later rounds. Odd

Harrison Phillips, Dawson Knox, Devin Singletary, Cody Ford, AJ Epenesa, Zack Moss, Boogie Basham and Spencer Brown are the 2nd and 3rd round picks by Beane.   Four starters and four rotational players.  Solid track record IMO.

41 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

A special teamer, backup LB at best with their 3rd pick and they have no 4th rounder…I just don’t get it. Beane is collecting 6th rounders though, which is probably where he could have gotten this guy. 

You’re most likely wrong 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Floydboy12 said:

Kyle Phillips and Bo Melton I think are still available. Not sure either lasts till the 5th. Jalen Nailor and Charleston Rambo maybe there. The value right now looks to be some good interior lineman still on the board. 

Agree IOL and TE are wherr there is still se functional depth on the board.

Phillips and Melton are both slot only though. The Bills need is more a developmental outside guy as at the moment behind Diggs and Gabe they only have Jake Kumerow and Isaiah Hodgins neither of which are good options. 

I don't know how early Doubs and Ross will go tomorrow but I would be trying to find a way to land one of them. It is arguably the biggest hole on the roster right now. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't know what the Bills' plan is at receiver but my board is hollowed out pretty good there. I hope they can find a way to trade up into round 4. Maybe their 5th and the 1st pick of round 6 to get back to around #130...... because I just don't think there is going to be much there for them at receiver by round 5... and then Jake Kumerow and/or Isaiah Hodgins becomes a real thing. 

Calvin Austin, Bo Melton, Khalil Shakir and Romeo Doubs are the only four WRs I have left as draftable. I hope they can get one…

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Didn't you have a 4th on Isaiah Weston?

They brought Charleston Rambo in........which I took as a harbinger for not giving a sh*t about their fastball. :lol:

18 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Bean can’t please the fan base.  

That might be the worst take in the history of TSW.

Next to Josh Allen he might be the most popular figure in Bills history at this moment. :doh:

30 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

***** gross…. I truly believe they want to run the ball more and are ok with lack of depth at WR.

I also agree they want to run the ball more, and don't love that as a hypothetical shift in offensive philosophy. 

Luckily, there is PLENTY of room between the Bills recent run/pass imbalance and something more...balanced. They can run more and still not run a lot.

Consider the load management benefits for Allen if beating the 2-deep shells doesn't fall solely on his body. Consider the strategic benefits for Dorsey if defenses can't just sit back and take away the intermediate and deep zones (which Allen has also shredded with his better performances).

3 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I also agree they want to run the ball more, and don't love that as a hypothetical shift in offensive philosophy. 

Luckily, there is PLENTY of room between the Bills recent run/pass imbalance and something more...balanced. They can run more and still not run a lot.

Consider the load management benefits for Allen if beating the 2-deep shells doesn't fall solely on his body. Consider the strategic benefits for Dorsey if defenses can't just sit back and take away the intermediate and deep zones (which Allen has also shredded with his better performances).

I think they found something later in the year when they did implement a bit more runs into their offense, but “balanced” as in 50/50 or even 60/40 pass run and no thanks…. I want the ball in Allen’s hands for at least 70% of the offensive snaps…. Their force of the run game was the reason for their 3rd quarter/early 4th quarter lull against the Chiefs in the divisional game. 

41 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I think they want to run the ball more effectively, slightly more, but I don’t see a major shift tbh..  James Cook has legit WR skills.  Georgia used him as a WR out of the backfield, out of the slot and outside.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

And you surmised that bc the Bills drafted the best pass receiving back in the draft? 

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think they found something later in the year when they did implement a bit more runs into their offense, but “balanced” as in 50/50 or even 60/40 pass run and no thanks…. I want the ball in Allen’s hands for at least 70% of the offensive snaps…. Their force of the run game was the reason for their 3rd quarter/early 4th quarter lull against the Chiefs in the divisional game. 

Totally agree with the bolded observation. It was BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS that Josh Allen was in the ***** zone and should have been leaned on to bring it home sooner. Once they just unleashed him the Bills became unstoppable. But it was too late.

However, that is not exactly a smart, sustainable model to pursue intentionally. It's HUGE to have that gear, but can Josh Allen hold up under the strain of being our EVERYTHING for 17 regular season games, plus 3-4 playoff games, year in and year out? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yeah, that must be it.

That's why they invested in a physical freak talent pass catching TE2, and then they had the audacity to draft a pass threat RB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree IOL and TE are wherr there is still se functional depth on the board.

Phillips and Melton are both slot only though. The Bills need is more a developmental outside guy as at the moment behind Diggs and Gabe they only have Jake Kumerow and Isaiah Hodgins neither of which are good options. 

I don't know how early Doubs and Ross will go tomorrow but I would be trying to find a way to land one of them. It is arguably the biggest hole on the roster right now. 

I will be very surprised if Ross goes in 4 . His injury history is too serious to invest in . 

5 hours ago, Airseven said:

Chiefs and Jets are A++. Immediate impact players. Getting tired of the Bills tendency for developmental players with upside.

Damn I guess we should just give up then.  The Jets will win the division and play the Chiefs in the AFC championship.  

12 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I will be very surprised if Ross goes in 4 . His injury history is too serious to invest in . 

In which case the Bills should move up in round 5 and try and snag him. He is very much worth the lottery ticket.

7 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Love Beane and while he’s had solid success in the first round, he’s struggled in rounds 2 and 3. Knox is the exception thus far. But yet strong again in the later rounds. Odd

you also have to give Spencer Brown some love as a 3rd round pick plus Harrison Phillips..

8 hours ago, LEBills said:

Calvin Austin, Bo Melton, Khalil Shakir and Romeo Doubs are the only four WRs I have left as draftable. I hope they can get one…

How do you feel about Justyn Ross and Kevin Austin?

Given we don’t “need” Ross to be on the field a ton, I’d certainly be willing to take a flyer on him. 

Kevin Austin gives me some Gabriel Davis vibes. 

Edited by SCBills