NFL Draft Rumors

HappyDays

26 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Well… you have several competent sources suggesting they are interested….. I’d be somewhat surprised…. I mean the team that’s beat them twice the past two years are a PRIME example of what a bad move(much more often than not)it is to take a RB in the first round. 

So are you suggesting the Chiefs running game is somehow responsible for their wins?  I think that would be news even to the Chiefs.  I also suspect there are more than a few KC fans and and coaches who wish that pick has been spent  on a CB or other defensive playmaker, rather than a RB whose production they could have received from a third round pick, as the Bills have. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Putin said:

I don’t think McD will take a RB at 25 when there’s so many good defensive players are still on the board 

Coach wants to  double  dip at pass rusher again and develop his day 3 corner from directional state. Offense is good, could use an older RB though, these guys are too young. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

Seattle is rumored to want a QB at the end of round one.  Trading picks 25 and 57 to the Seahawks for picks 40, 41 and 109 (per the Jimmy Johnson point system) is something I'd like to see Beane pull off. 

The Bills could then go RB (Hall or Walker), DB (Cine, Gordon or Cross), WR (Burks, Dotson, Metchie) or BPA with players that would surely help a lot this year and beyond.

If we did something like this fine 

but please trade some of our lower picks and get back into 2nd or 3rd we don’t have to many holes so getting more picks in late Rd’s could be a waste 

3 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Im just not there yet with hall. If beane takes him, i trust his judgement.

Jameson williams would put this offense in nuclear mode

Jamo won’t be available. In a draft this deep and rich at WR, and the fact that the Bills don’t even need a WR1 or 2… I don’t see that trade up happening. When you are paying your QB and numerous other premium players you aren’t trading future 1sts. Those are gold now when it comes to the Bills contending under the cap

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Personally I think Quarterback is the same. It depends which team takes one first

If it's Detroit I think it's Willis

If it's Carolina I think it could even be Corral

If it's Atlanta I think it would be Pickett

If it's New Orleans I think it would be Pickett

The one where I genuinely don't know is Pittsburgh... lots of buzz about them and Pickett but it feels like slightly fake buzz to me. I think they'd take Willis. 

Willis to Steelers will happen, if he's on the board.  Steelers might even move up a few spots for him.

He's exactly what Tomlin wants, and with Colberts last year as their GM, I think he will look for the next franchise QB to add onto his legacy there.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jamo won’t be available. In a draft this deep and rich at WR, and the fact that the Bills don’t even need a WR1 or 2… I don’t see that trade up happening. When you are paying your QB and numerous other premium players you aren’t trading future 1sts. Those are gold now when it comes to the Bills contending under the cap

I know. It isnt likely. We are def taking a wr at some point imo though.

Stevie johnson doing the 2nd round pick says wr to me there too

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I fully expect Buffalo to try trading up to grab Jameson Williams. He's got the most upside of almost any player in this draft. 

Im all in on Jameson Williams.  

Willing to go #25 and next years RD1 to move up and get him.  He’s that good.  

Diggs, Davis and Williams would be in the running for most elite trio in the NFL.  

They would also be positioned very well contractually with Diggs locked down long term, Davis with 2 more years on his rookie deal and then Williams would be locked down long term on a rookie deal.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shake_My_Head said:

Seattle is rumored to want a QB at the end of round one.  Trading picks 25 and 57 to the Seahawks for picks 40, 41 and 109 (per the Jimmy Johnson point system) is something I'd like to see Beane pull off. 

The Bills could then go RB (Hall or Walker), DB (Cine, Gordon or Cross), WR (Burks, Dotson, Metchie) or BPA with players that would surely help a lot this year and beyond.

Imo this is the route the Bills should go- especially since player value does not change much between picks 20 and 60...

They could cover a lot of positions for this year and beyond, doing it this way...👍

Edited by JaCrispy

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Diggs, Davis and Williams would be in the running for most elite trio in the NFL.  

They would also be positioned very well contractually with Diggs locked down long term, Davis with 2 more years on his rookie deal and then Williams would be locked down long term on a rookie deal.  

All of this. 

Nobody could stay in front of him. 

33 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Thing that scares me about Jami is his ACL. If he goes from a highly agile 4.28 guy to a decently agile 4.40 guy because of his knee, that’s not what you traded up for. 

Teams won’t know how his knee is until next year’s training camp, possibly longer since it takes some guys longer to mentally heal from an ACL. 

Jamison could slip in the draft. 

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy

1 hour ago, Shake_My_Head said:

Not arguing your point but I saw a quote from Beane today that he feels the Jimmy Johnson point system is terrible. It appears most GMs think it stinks but they don't allow their own point systems be known

32 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don't want a WR in the first since we don't need one at this time but if they are sold on his health and he is there I could not pass on him, he is too good 

1 hour ago, mikemac2001 said:

If we did something like this fine 

but please trade some of our lower picks and get back into 2nd or 3rd we don’t have to many holes so getting more picks in late Rd’s could be a waste 

I'd rather have fewer picks with higher quality guys. The Bills don't need to draft 10 players who can't contribute much. We are only a piece or 2 away (if that) from hoisting that Lombardi. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I fully expect Buffalo to try trading up to grab Jameson Williams. He's got the most upside of almost any player in this draft. 

Except he might not play this season. The Bills are 4 WR deep already so there be no rushing him to play and make little sense trading up for him either. 

18 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Thing that scares me about Jami is his ACL. If he goes from a highly agile 4.28 guy to a decently agile 4.40 guy because of his knee, that’s not what you traded up for. 

Teams won’t know how his knee is until next year’s training camp, possibly longer since it takes some guys longer to mentally heal from an ACL. 

Jamison could slip in the draft. 

Cant say that isn’t a worry.  

It doesn’t sound like he’s going to slip out of the 10-15 range but who know what to believe right now. 

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'd rather have fewer picks with higher quality guys. The Bills don't need to draft 10 players who can't contribute much. We are only a piece or 2 away (if that) from hoisting that Lombardi. 

Same, if memory serves me correct it was heavily rumored Bills were trying to trade up in R2 to take their RB (or maybe back into R1?) but they could not.

I fully expect Bills to address DB in R1 then try and move up in the 2nd to nab their RB.

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Except he might not play this season. The Bills are 4 WR deep already so there be no rushing him to play and make little sense trading up for him either. 

He very, very likely isn’t playing this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.