NFL Draft Rumors

HappyDays

5 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Ross almost quit football because of injuries. Elam to me is a 2nd round prospect and more of a mid 2nd rounder than high 2nd rounder. His tape is inconsistent. If you watch him Jameson Williams tape you'd think he was the best DB in the draft but he doesn't tackle, he's inconsistent in coverage and doesn't track the ball well. 

I’m not a qualified scout, but I watched 2 full games of him and his lack of desire to tackle was stark.  I think his coverage was good and he showed effort there.  I think that the Bills prioritize tackling for DBs almost as much as coverage ability, so I don’t see Elam as a good fit here.  If he were available at 57, they might consider him, but they might rather take a smaller school guy who needs development, but is a willing tackler.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

As for the draft rumours I have heard in the last week from reasonably credible people:

1. Kenny Pickett will be the only Quarterback taken in round 1.

2. Kyler Gordon will be the first Washington corner off the board.

3. Tyler Linderbaum will not go day 1. 

Gordon over Elam from Florida all day.  McDuffie certainly more hyped, but Gordon has the size that McDuffie doesn’t and Gordon is also a very good athlete (almost 40” vert).  In my opinion, his 4.52 forty is not a disqualification.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Hmm. But I actually think they did have Etienne very high last year. He himself said after the draft he thought he was going to Buffalo and then just last week Beane said "we have had running backs graded there [in the first round] in the past it just hasn't worked out." 

I am not saying they definitely would have picked him. I do think they loved Greg too. But I think it was possible this time last year to zero in on those two guys for the Bills. Let's say Jacksonville take Rousseau and the rest of the board falls the same.... I am convinced the Bills would have picked Etienne. 

I'm sure that RB's can be tempting.........that's what low hanging fruit does.......but actually pulling the trigger when you know it's probably going to make you look stupid in a few years is another matter.    

Common sense has to reign.  

Most hilarious example of a Bills GM not being willing to pull that trigger on a RB was John Butler in 1996 when he declared he would be "dancing and wiggling'" if Texas A&M star RB Leeland McElroy surprisingly fell to the Bills pick.

McElroy did fall to the Bills pick.   

Butler instead chose the less high profile WR Eric Moulds.

McElroy went a few picks later and was a bust.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Nothing you said there disagrees with what I said. 

I think Greg probably was the guy in event of a tie because of positional value. What I said was keep everything else the same and swap the Jags pick from Etienne to Rousseau and I am convinced in that scenario the Bills take Etienne. 

As for what they show in Embedded.... I mean you have to remember that is state sponsored propoganda. They no doubt have lots of conversations about different guys in the draft room. They aren't going to show the ones who end up somewhere else. They are gonna pump up the guys they pick. 

I actually completely miss read your original post thinking you said they would have taken Etienne over Greg.  That was my mistake because of reading it while I was walking my dog and sun made screen a little dark.  

And I work in media, so totally get the editing to show what they want to show.  But they were considering moving up for Greg and found it too costly, so I still think he was their primary target based on what they expected to happen going into the draft. 

25 minutes ago, Floydboy12 said:

I read the Breece Hall rumors and it worries me to use a first round pick on a RB. But I also watch his film and think, “ this dude might be Eric Dickerson”. For a team so close to a championship he might just be the piece. 

Pretty exclusive company in Dickerson.  I think Breece Hall is a good 3 down RB prospect and probably not a big reach if he goes in the bottom quarter of round 1.  That being said, he doesn’t strike me as really special, just good - I could be wrong on that, but that’s what my untrained eye thinks it sees.  I’d rather have a good player at another important position than a good RB who might get 15 carries a game.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kay-adams-leaves-nfl-network-reportedly-eyes-top-studio-job-at-amazon-220923549.html

A familiar face is leaving NFL Network with her eyes set on one of the top openings in NFL broadcasting.

"Good Morning Football” co-host Kay Adams has worked her last day with the show and is a candidate to host Amazon's upcoming "Thursday Night Football" pregame show, Andrew Marchand of the New York Post reports.

• Sad 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, BarleyNY said:

The Steelers have been enamored with Malik Willis for months.  It’s as well kept a secret as their fawning over Najee Harris was.  Expect them to move up to get Willis unless he goes earlier than they can climb. 

I believe this too. They have been briefing to any reporter who will listen for the last two weeks that Pickett is their guy. Which tells me they want Malik 😂

As I said above the person who told me he believes Pickett will be the only round 1 QB is well connected and to a team that does not need a QB but still the chances of him really knowing what 31 other GMs think... that is slim.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I believe this too. They have been briefing to any reporter who will listen for the last two weeks that Pickett is their guy. Which tells me they want Malik 😂

As I said above the person who told me he believes Pickett will be the only round 1 QB is well connected and to a team that does not need a QB but still the chances of him really knowing what 31 other GMs think... that is slim.

I don’t think a single QB in this class deserves to be a round 1 pick, but at least Willis has some possible upside.  Ridder would be the only other QB in the class with that IMO. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm sure that RB's can be tempting.........that's what low hanging fruit does.......but actually pulling the trigger when you know it's probably going to make you look stupid in a few years is another matter.    

Common sense has to reign.  

Most hilarious example of a Bills GM not being willing to pull that trigger on a RB was John Butler in 1996 when he declared he would be "dancing and wiggling'" if Texas A&M star RB Leeland McElroy surprisingly fell to the Bills pick.

McElroy did fall to the Bills pick.   

Butler instead chose the less high profile WR Eric Moulds.

McElroy went a few picks later and was a bust.

If they pick RB at 25, the next announcement may be that they have hired Marv Levy as an offensive consultant.  I am choosing to believe at this point that the Bills will not be so foolish as to pick a running back in the first round.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Well… you have several competent sources suggesting they are interested….. I’d be somewhat surprised…. I mean the team that’s beat them twice the past two years are a PRIME example of what a meh move(much more often than not)it is to take a RB in the first round. 

It’s all about taking the RIGHT rb in the first. EH is slow, and Hall is much faster and can catch supremely well. It’s about getting a player than can tie it all together and keep defenses guessing. 

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’m skeptical… McD still seems to revert to some ball control offense and stingy defense when the game gets tight…

Either way, Hall is a good candidate. He can run and catch. We can disguise personnel with it, and even if we don’t, there is no way teams can play 8 in the box against a team like Allen. I honestly feel bad for other teams defense if we draft Hall and pick up a few o linemen. 

Seattle is rumored to want a QB at the end of round one.  Trading picks 25 and 57 to the Seahawks for picks 40, 41 and 109 (per the Jimmy Johnson point system) is something I'd like to see Beane pull off. 

The Bills could then go RB (Hall or Walker), DB (Cine, Gordon or Cross), WR (Burks, Dotson, Metchie) or BPA with players that would surely help a lot this year and beyond.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

If the Bills take Hall, it’s more McD than Beane IMO. 

I don’t think McD will take a RB at 25 when there’s so many good defensive players are still on the board 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.