Anyone hear WR Wan'Dale Robinson - Kentucky on Sirius Radio today

intimidatortj

5 hours ago, JimmyNoodles said:

I think he's a hard sell since McKenzie came back, but this kid is tough as nails.  He just about single handedly won their bowl game against Iowa.  

His big ticket to go to Buffalo is that he has experience returning kicks and punts.

He is a McKenzie clone just about. I have no problem with him if he can handle both returner jobs.

He could be a sixth round steal! I’d love it. It would also give us extreme depth in the slot and as a trick player…

Couldit be we don’t use McKenzie more is because we are worried of losing him?

Still, personally, I want the classic outside WR. 6’4” 220# 4.3-ish, 40” vertical…

Lets give Josh an easy target for once. Give him a guy with a huge catch radius…

Give him a big play waiting to happen.

I’d also love this for Diggs. 
To take that almost permanent double off of him.

Then we can watch Diggs make Pro CBs look dorky again….

Thats Christian Watson after one year of lifting weights a little…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, without a drought said:

I don't think Marquez Stevenson will have any influence on their draft decisions.

Way too early to say that based on last season. He was injured and missed a ton of training camp.

We have no idea what his success metrics look like for the off-season and how he's tracking towards those.

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

He certainly seems to know how to move in traffic.

He seemed to get caught from behind a bunch in those highlights not sure he's got that kind of speed.

If he could ran away from everyone, every time, he would be a really high pick.

I think he could be had for a late 3rd to late 4th round pick.

6 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

He doesn't have much experience handling KR or PR which is a bummer. His receiving stats are excellent but he's just really small, he had plenty of carries out of the backfield too, I believe he used to be a RB.

I like him but hard to see him being a fit for the Bills when we have McKenzie. 

Except, per himself the Bills have been talking to him...and how they could use him.

So the Bills are looking at him.

Now, maybe they are just preparing in case he falls in the draft.   Bottom of the 4th round?  They think about it.

Bottom of the 5th round he is still there?  Put in the pick!

5 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

He's not very fast for a guy who is small. Its hard in the NFL to be small and slow. Yes he has some quick twitch like Singletary but no one is beating down the door to have Singletary in the draft as Bills fans now are they. Clearly he can play RB/WR but I see him having limited success in the NFL 

Not very fast?  Did you watch his highlights?   He is blowing guys away with his cuts, and breaking their ankles.

No you are not drafting this guy in the 2nd round, but if you are looking for a guy that can give you a lot of YAC in the 4th round, he has possibility. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Not sure I understand drafting a slot WR this year.. We have both Crowder and McKenzie.

McKenzie isn't a roster lock. If they draft someone that can do his role better and on a rookie contract you move on from him. McKenzie is the type of player you don't actively look to replace, but he is replaceable.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

McKenzie isn't a roster lock. If they draft someone that can do his role better and on a rookie contract you move on from him. McKenzie is the type of player you don't actively look to replace, but he is replaceable.

I'd think Stevenson and Kumerow are at higher risk than McKenzie.

11 hours ago, intimidatortj said:

Some scouts think he could be a lot more.  He knows how to play running back.  If you can get the ball to Wan'Dale in screens, draws, bubble screens, he can take it to the house.  He is more than just a guy that can do jet sweep reverses.     PS   He is tiny.   But watch a few of his highlights...he breaks defenders ankles.

He is NOT "tiny." 5'11" 185 is nowhere close to tiny. Even if he's slightly smaller than advertised, he's got enough size to be a legitimate NFL prospect. Especially with the shiftiness and surprising contact balance I see in this highlights package. Did he maybe run slow or test poorly at the combine? Is that part of why he's such a Day 2 or Day 3 guy in the eyes of draft prognosticators?

Edit: upon further review, it appears Robinson is much shorter than advertised, which DOES help to explain his later round value projections (along with only one year of tape as a starter).  

Edited by Richard Noggin

6 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Way too early to say that based on last season. He was injured and missed a ton of training camp.

We have no idea what his success metrics look like for the off-season and how he's tracking towards those.

I did not say that Stevenson won’t turn out to be good.  I am arguing that they aren’t counting on him being good so much that they would avoid drafting another WR who would compete with him.

32 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Drew Brees made out okay.

He's not a 5'10" or 5'11" QB who can make every throw on the football field. He's a gadget/Slot WR who is 5'8". We already have two of those, who have proven they can play in the NFL, in Crowder and McKenzie. 

16 hours ago, intimidatortj said:

Some scouts think he could be a lot more.  He knows how to play running back.  If you can get the ball to Wan'Dale in screens, draws, bubble screens, he can take it to the house.  He is more than just a guy that can do jet sweep reverses.     PS   He is tiny.   But watch a few of his highlights...he breaks defenders ankles.

👎No thanks. Beth Mowins was on one of those calls and TBD hates themselves some Beth Mowins.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Drew Brees made out okay.

So did Cole Beasley--who's the EXACT same size and speed as Robinson.

IMO, the Bills very much value what Beasley provided from the slot--a dependable outlet for Josh, a clutch chain mover on third downs.    McKenzie and Crowder are going to fill that role this year--but it's wide open for 2023 and beyond.  Having a cost-controlled Beasley-type slot WR for 3-4 years makes a LOT of sense. 

John Metchie III or Kahilil Shakir would other guys to consider for that slot role as well.

Edited by Shake_My_Head

18 hours ago, Warcodered said:

He certainly seems to know how to move in traffic.

He seemed to get caught from behind a bunch in those highlights not sure he's got that kind of speed.

He seems to have that intial burst of quickness and sudden change of direction but it you are right it doesnt look like he has that top gear that Tyreek has but then again who does

26 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

So did Cole Beasley--who's the EXACT same size and speed as Robinson.

IMO, the Bills very much value what Beasley provided from the slot--a dependable outlet for Josh, a clutch chain mover on third downs.    McKenzie and Crowder are going to fill that role this year--but it's wide open for 2023 and beyond.  Having a cost-controlled Beasley-type slot WR for 3-4 years makes a LOT of sense. 

Kahilil Shakir would be another guy to consider for that slot role as well.

What makes Beasley great is both his ability to get open and his very reliable hands.  I think that Wan’dale Robinson might fit that description, but I’ve read criticisms of Shakir for drops.  Not a “no” on Shakir because as we’ve seen with Dawson Knox, it seems possible for a receiver to improve their catch success rate, but it is a “watch out” because the slot is supposed to be the QB’s security blanket and drops can kill a drive.

11 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

His big ticket to go to Buffalo is that he has experience returning kicks and punts.

He is a McKenzie clone just about. I have no problem with him if he can handle both returner jobs.

He could be a sixth round steal! I’d love it. It would also give us extreme depth in the slot and as a trick player…

Couldit be we don’t use McKenzie more is because we are worried of losing him?

Still, personally, I want the classic outside WR. 6’4” 220# 4.3-ish, 40” vertical…

Lets give Josh an easy target for once. Give him a guy with a huge catch radius…

Give him a big play waiting to happen.

I’d also love this for Diggs. 
To take that almost permanent double off of him.

Then we can watch Diggs make Pro CBs look dorky again….

Thats Christian Watson after one year of lifting weights a little…

This reads like a sorrowful poem. 

19 hours ago, intimidatortj said:

CJ broke ankles in college.. how did that work out at the pro level?  About the same size and weight as Robinson when drafted.  

1 hour ago, fan_in_tx said:

CJ broke ankles in college.. how did that work out at the pro level?  About the same size and weight as Robinson when drafted.  

CJ Spiller was a top ten pick, to play Running Back.

WR Wan'Dale Robinson is a good 4th round pick to give you a slot receiver, some time slot back that can get some touches on swing passes, bubble screens, etc.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.