Bobby Hart re-signed

The Jokeman

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

If Hart makes the team there is something seriously wrong with the depth of this offensive line…

If Hart makes the team because of Kromer endorsing him thinking he can be coached up then i will be behind that decision only because of Kromers endorsement but yes i would agree & think he is there just to fill a spot right now .

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

If Hart makes the team there is something seriously wrong with the depth of this offensive line…

He didn’t make the team last year - not sure why people think he will this year.

He is just a guy to help stabilize 3 full offensive lines needed for training camp.

The only place he made the team and played was when the Titans needed tackle help and picked him up.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They didn't cut him out of training camp they cut him after the preseason..........where he played so badly that he made a significant impression on the Bills fan base.

If anyone is protesting too much it is you by asserting that he is "literally a camp body".........we surely hope a scenario doesn't unfold where he makes the team........but he is just 28 years old and has 67 career starts in the NFL.........a camp body is a guy who has no chance at all of making an NFL roster.

Yes - he never made the roster last year - isn’t that the definition of a camp body?

A guy brought in to compete in camp and then gets cut at the end?

If he makes the team - it is because Kromer made him better, but since he couldn’t make the team last year - what makes people think he is being viewed as anything but a camp body again this year?

The Bills roster already has 3 tackles - plus Bates who played more snaps at Tackle for the Bills than Hart did.

I just do not understand the outrage for signing a guy that likely doesn’t make the roster and can be use in preseason to help stabilize a young o-line of guys that will not be in the league come September.

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They didn't cut him out of training camp they cut him after the preseason..........where he played so badly that he made a significant impression on the Bills fan base.

If anyone is protesting too much it is you by asserting that he is "literally a camp body".........we surely hope a scenario doesn't unfold where he makes the team........but he is just 28 years old and has 67 career starts in the NFL.........a camp body is a guy who has no chance at all of making an NFL roster.

Thanks...I wouldn't know Bobby Hart from the man in the moon, except that on this very Message Board smarter people than me spoke so badly about him that I made it a point to watch him in what may have been the last preseason game. He was literally terrible. The true definition of a turnstile. Now...I'm sure he's a very nice man, but it's truly hard for me to believe that there aren't more capable guys floating around America somewhere....maybe not?

• 4 months later...
8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sal was on the afternoon show said that Bobby Hart has looked good at guard.  Looks like the new position and Kromer has benefited.

hey If that proves true GREAT NEWS. But dang he was terrible last year. I have to trust the Bills brain trust on this period. But if he does make the roster I for one will  be shocked.

On 4/11/2022 at 6:50 PM, HurlyBurly51 said:

That is reserved for Lonnie "friggin' Johnson!😄

Who?

On 4/12/2022 at 7:58 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Wakes up every 45 minutes crying? 🤔😳

An oldie but a goodie. 

The 1st time I heard that was when Buddy Hackett was on the Tonight Show and said that about Nixon during Watergate.  Hackett said Nixon is sleeping like a baby,..  

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Doing this because I can't believe what I'm seeing. Hart Attack chart for Preseason Game 2 vs Denver:

Drive 2, Hart at LT

1st & 10 - Run, drives end wide out of play.

2nd & 4 - Pass, gets push back 2 steps on a bull rush, but hold the block.

3rd & 4 - Pass, gets bull rushed, Edge get off him just a beat late to get to the QB.

1st & 10 - (lined up at RTE) - crashes left, pulling guard Ford and Moss follow the gap for the TD

Drive 3, Hart at LT

1st & 10 - Run, off tackle right, gets to the Mike and turns him away from the play.

2nd & 6 - Run, off tackle strong left, gets to the Sam and turns him away from the play.

1st & 10 - Pass, crashes the tackle for a naked screen back

2nd & 6 - Run, combos the tackle then comes off and takes out the Mike at the 2nd level.

1st & 10 - Pass, stones the edge at the line.

1st & 10 - Run, pancake combos the tackle and then takes out the Mike AGAIN.

1st & 10 - Quick pass, gets just enough push to delay the edge getting around clean.

2nd & 1 - (lined up at LTE) - Run, get to and eliminates the Mike who must be sick of seeing #68 by now. [Penalty]

1st & Goal - (lined up at RTE) - see drive 2, same play to Moss for TD, Hart seals inside and Ford leads.

Drive 4, Hart at LT

1st & 10 - Run, middle, Hart gets to the Sam and seals him outside

2nd & 1 - Pass, cut block executed but play is a botch [Penalty]

2nd & 6 - Pass, drives edge rusher wide

1st & 10 - Pass, edge tries an inside swim, passes him to guard who eat his lunch

2nd & 3 - Pass, drives edge rusher wide

1st & 10 - Pass, stones edge at line

2nd & 1 - Pass, nice slide step and stones the edge trying to go wide

1st & 10 - Pass, stops edge power move and stays with him on the wide continuation

2nd & 5 - Pass, stops edge inside swim and executes pass off to pick up stunting tackle

3rd & 5 - [False start penalty on Judy]

3rd & 10 - Pass, stones a wide rush from the edge [Penalty on Ford]

3rd & 20 - Pass, stops a bull rush from edge [Denver offside]

3rd & 15 - Pass, points at the offside edge guy who is too embarrassed to continue rushing

1st & 10 - Pass, edge zone drops so he combos the tackle [TOUCHDOWN]

Drive 5, Hart at LG (Anderson at LT)

1st & 10 - Run, earns a draw on the block

2nd & 1 - Run, not a ton of push but just fine

1st & 10 - Pass, he might have been a step too far downfield looking to block 2nd level

1st & 10 - Run, gets to the 2nd level and pushes the Sam 10 yards off the LOS

2nd & 1 - Run, gets a draw against the 3-tech but the rest of the line wins big anyway

1st & 10 - Run, gets pushed back a step by the 1-tech

2nd & 3 - Run, turns the 3-tech away from the play to open the hole

1st & 10 - Run, gets a good push on the 1 and opens the hole

2nd & 7 - Run, seals the 3-tech and the 3rd consecutive play run right behind 68

1st & 10 - Run, cameraman forgets there's a ball game. Hart doesn't have anyone to block anyway. [TOUCHDOWN]

Drive 6, Hart at LG

1st & 10 - Pass, Gets beat on a rip move by the 3-tech, who pressures the QB for an inc

2nd & 10 - Pass, Wins the hand fight against the tackle this time

1st & 10 - Run, Combos the tackle with the center as the run bounces outside

1st & 10 - Pass, stones the tackle on a solo block

2nd & 4 - Pass, doesn't give an inch to the 3

1st & 10 - Run, crashes right to push the 1 out of the hole

2nd & 5 - Pass, triple team on the 1, hahaha

1st & Goal - Hart and the left side just road grade a path for Duke [TOUCHDOWN]

Final tally on Hart's reps:

WINS: Lots

DRAWS: A couple

LOSSES: One (first snap of drive 6, caused an incompletion)

While this was with the caveat that Hart was up against 2s and 3s, he did what you want your backup to do, and that's beat those guys convincingly.

• Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Doing this because I can't believe what I'm seeing. Hart Attack chart for Preseason Game 2 vs Denver:

Drive 2, Hart at LT

1st & 10 - Run, drives end wide out of play.

2nd & 4 - Pass, gets push back 2 steps on a bull rush, but hold the block.

3rd & 4 - Pass, gets bull rushed, Edge get off him just a beat late to get to the QB.

1st & 10 - (lined up at RTE) - crashes left, pulling guard Ford and Moss follow the gap for the TD

Drive 3, Hart at LT

1st & 10 - Run, off tackle right, gets to the Mike and turns him away from the play.

2nd & 6 - Run, off tackle strong left, gets to the Sam and turns him away from the play.

1st & 10 - Pass, crashes the tackle for a naked screen back

2nd & 6 - Run, combos the tackle then comes off and takes out the Mike at the 2nd level.

1st & 10 - Pass, stones the edge at the line.

1st & 10 - Run, pancake combos the tackle and then takes out the Mike AGAIN.

1st & 10 - Quick pass, gets just enough push to delay the edge getting around clean.

2nd & 1 - (lined up at LTE) - Run, get to and eliminates the Mike who must be sick of seeing #68 by now. [Penalty]

1st & Goal - (lined up at RTE) - see drive 2, same play to Moss for TD, Hart seals inside and Ford leads.

Drive 4, Hart at LT

1st & 10 - Run, middle, Hart gets to the Sam and seals him outside

2nd & 1 - Pass, cut block executed but play is a botch [Penalty]

2nd & 6 - Pass, drives edge rusher wide

1st & 10 - Pass, edge tries an inside swim, passes him to guard who eat his lunch

2nd & 3 - Pass, drives edge rusher wide

1st & 10 - Pass, stones edge at line

2nd & 1 - Pass, nice slide step and stones the edge trying to go wide

1st & 10 - Pass, stops edge power move and stays with him on the wide continuation

2nd & 5 - Pass, stops edge inside swim and executes pass off to pick up stunting tackle

3rd & 5 - [False start penalty on Judy]

3rd & 10 - Pass, stones a wide rush from the edge [Penalty on Ford]

3rd & 20 - Pass, stops a bull rush from edge [Denver offside]

3rd & 15 - Pass, points at the offside edge guy who is too embarrassed to continue rushing

1st & 10 - Pass, edge zone drops so he combos the tackle [TOUCHDOWN]

Drive 5, Hart at LG (Anderson at LT)

1st & 10 - Run, earns a draw on the block

2nd & 1 - Run, not a ton of push but just fine

1st & 10 - Pass, he might have been a step too far downfield looking to block 2nd level

1st & 10 - Run, gets to the 2nd level and pushes the Sam 10 yards off the LOS

2nd & 1 - Run, gets a draw against the 3-tech but the rest of the line wins big anyway

1st & 10 - Run, gets pushed back a step by the 1-tech

2nd & 3 - Run, turns the 3-tech away from the play to open the hole

1st & 10 - Run, gets a good push on the 1 and opens the hole

2nd & 7 - Run, seals the 3-tech and the 3rd consecutive play run right behind 68

1st & 10 - Run, cameraman forgets there's a ball game. Hart doesn't have anyone to block anyway. [TOUCHDOWN]

Drive 6, Hart at LG

1st & 10 - Pass, Gets beat on a rip move by the 3-tech, who pressures the QB for an inc

2nd & 10 - Pass, Wins the hand fight against the tackle this time

1st & 10 - Run, Combos the tackle with the center as the run bounces outside

1st & 10 - Pass, stones the tackle on a solo block

2nd & 4 - Pass, doesn't give an inch to the 3

1st & 10 - Run, crashes right to push the 1 out of the hole

2nd & 5 - Pass, triple team on the 1, hahaha

1st & Goal - Hart and the left side just road grade a path for Duke [TOUCHDOWN]

Final tally on Hart's reps:

WINS: Lots

DRAWS: A couple

LOSSES: One (first snap of drive 6, caused an incompletion)

While this was with the caveat that Hart was up against 2s and 3s, he did what you want your backup to do, and that's beat those guys convincingly.

Thank you for doing this, great breakdown

So if Hart and Ford were both winning convincingly on OL (vs backups, granted)....but Hart was playing both LT and LG while the team has 100% given up on Ford at tackle and he never was able to play LT....then Hart > Ford in the team's eyes.

I can't believe what I just wrote

Did you notice anything about Anderson at LT?  I heard on Brown and Tasker's One Bills Live segment with Greg Cosell that he is looking very promising at guard.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Did you notice anything about Anderson at LT?  I heard on Brown and Tasker's One Bills Live segment with Greg Cosell that he is looking very promising at guard.

Didn't really focus on him, but he didn't stand out for any bad reps. There were a few combos he had with Hart, and seemed Blackshear's bigger runs went over the left side with him and Hart on drives 5 and 6.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.