Paper tickets?

diversification

Hi there, I'm a new season ticket holder this year and from what I hear, the default choices are either (1) plastic card + electronic or (2) electronic only.  When I ran a search for "paper tickets" I did see a few mentions in threads from 2021, so I'm thinking there must still be a way to get those.  Can anyone tell me if that's correct, and if so how I would go about getting them? I'm still undecided if I'd do it, but I'd still like to know. 

Thanks!

EDIT: Holy cow, the way some of you just went off into left field with this post was more spastic than a squirrel with ADHD lol.  I was asking because I've seen the collections some people have kept and framed for their home bars and such and thought that might be fun.  For those worried about my technical abilities, swing by my house and I'll use my rooted phone to initiate a home automation routine that flashes my lights at you to let you know "I'm good, thanks."  😂

Edited by diversification
Addressing silly responses
  • Haha (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, diversification said:

Hi there, I'm a new season ticket holder this year and from what I hear, the default choices are either (1) plastic card + electronic or (2) electronic only.  When I ran a search for "paper tickets" I did see a few mentions in threads from 2021, so I'm thinking there must still be a way to get those.  Can anyone tell me if that's correct, and if so how I would go about getting them? I'm still undecided if I'd do it, but I'd still like to know. 

Thanks!

I don't think they're available at all.  Too easy to forge.  What frustrates me even more is that you can't even print anything off to bring to the game should you purchase from a re-seller:  you must use a QR code from your phone.  Which is a pain for anyone from Canada who doesn't want to pay a fortune for roaming data while over the border for a game.

You could contact your Rep:  every Season Ticket holder has an Account Service Coordinator.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TailgateChef said:

you must use a QR code from your phone.  Which is a pain for anyone from Canada who doesn't want to pay a fortune for roaming data while over the border for a game.

I open the app with the QR code before I leave home. That way, I'm not depending on a signal or burning data minutes while standing in line.

1 hour ago, diversification said:

Thanks!

I can't recall seeing anyone with the old card-stock ticket-shaped tickets in recent years.

Paper printouts......like boarding passes printed off your home printer........I have seen.

Otherwise it's cards and E.

The cards are great and a good enough collectible, IMO.

Electronic only I wouldn't recommend..........seen people have issues with phones going into games.

Card is the way to go and you can use your card for playoff games as well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, diversification said:

Thanks!

Paper Ticket 🎟 went the way of the  🦖 🦕 

Hmmm, when I need to prove legally that I have traveled a certain route on a certain day, I use paper boarding passes for that.  (tax matters among other things)  I guess I won't be able to prove I attended a Bills game, however, if I ever care.  Oh well, not likely to come up.

Paper tickets have been removed by the entire NFL league wide. As of 2020. When a friend of mine and I upgraded seats in the clubs in 2019, our rep informed us that 2019 was the last year of paper tickets. The league wants everyone using electronic devises to enter. It cuts down on scalpers and fake tickets. It also gives the NFL better opportunities to maximize the secondary market. Also adding fees in all secondary transactions. 

we even asked about older people that don’t have smart phones or weren’t capable of figuring out the process and they basically said there was no plan in place for that. 

to my knowledge, you can now show up to the stadium at the will call window And request paper tickets for a $5 fee/ticket. But I think you will see them completely plain, paper tickets without any images or anything on them. Just game and seat information. 

I used to collect all my stubs as well. Been a season ticket holder since 2006 and I enjoyed keeping them all. But those days are gone. 

im hoping for the least year, or last few years of the stadium being open, they do something special. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I haven't seen anything about paper tickets.  I think they're history.  

Next season, one of the options will be tattoing a bar code on your forehead.  

Why not get fans chipped like dogs?

The NFL could then sell the data.

23 minutes ago, mrags said:

Paper tickets have been removed by the entire NFL league wide. As of 2020. When a friend of mine and I upgraded seats in the clubs in 2019, our rep informed us that 2019 was the last year of paper tickets. The league wants everyone using electronic devises to enter. It cuts down on scalpers and fake tickets. It also gives the NFL better opportunities to maximize the secondary market. Also adding fees in all secondary transactions.

It also increases number of electronic devices being pick pocketed.

Oh it does not cut down scalpers just those not giving a cut to NFL.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.