Paper tickets?

diversification

On 4/10/2022 at 1:29 PM, TailgateChef said:

I don't think they're available at all.  Too easy to forge.  What frustrates me even more is that you can't even print anything off to bring to the game should you purchase from a re-seller:  you must use a QR code from your phone.  Which is a pain for anyone from Canada who doesn't want to pay a fortune for roaming data while over the border for a game.

You could contact your Rep:  every Season Ticket holder has an Account Service Coordinator.

The issue isn't forging tickets - its selling paper tickets after you sold the electronic ticket.  

1 hour ago, diversification said:

Thanks to those who actually responded to the question (I was like 10 comments in before I got to an actual answer lol.)  It's a shame that they have done away with the decorative paper tickets... the collections some folks have is really neat. 

The card will be fine for now, but if they eliminate that, I'm going to be annoyed.  I'm plenty tech savvy, but all the tech savvy in the world can't change the physics of how phones react to heat, cold, impact, or even water.  That plus you all know how the network reacts near the stadium when people begin arriving.  If they ditch the cards, hopefully they'll be smart enough to replace them with something else that isn't battery dependent.  If not, the lines are probably going to slow way down as technology struggles occur at the point of scanning. 

Anyway, thanks for the info. Go Bills. 

I had a lot of luck with the google/apple wallet.  Transfer tickets to whomever needs them the day before, and everyone save it to your wallet.  

On 4/10/2022 at 11:55 AM, diversification said:

Hi there, I'm a new season ticket holder this year and from what I hear, the default choices are either (1) plastic card + electronic or (2) electronic only.  When I ran a search for "paper tickets" I did see a few mentions in threads from 2021, so I'm thinking there must still be a way to get those.  Can anyone tell me if that's correct, and if so how I would go about getting them? I'm still undecided if I'd do it, but I'd still like to know. 

Thanks!

EDIT: Holy cow, the way some of you just went off into left field with this post was more spastic than a squirrel with ADHD lol.  I was asking because I've seen the collections some people have kept and framed for their home bars and such and thought that might be fun.  For those worried about my technical abilities, swing by my house and I'll use my rooted phone to initiate a home automation routine that flashes my lights at you to let you know "I'm good, thanks."  😂

I am a calling FakeNews!

Hey Apple tough guy throwing around fancy big boy tech words!

I am not impressed with your lame Apple skills.  You probably hired an Apple Genius to help you.   I smell a cover-up calling your jailbreaked iPhone 4s "rooted."  That thing couldn't set my thermostat while simultaneously monitoring my sump pump let alone flash lights at me! 😉 

I have been a season ticket holder for about 15 years or so. When they went to the cards, I had no problem at the gate but, a few times, I have had problem using my Android phone for various reasons. So, last year when there was a mix up and I was defaulted to phone only (no card) I complained to my ticket agent and she sent me paper tickets.  They were boring looking in black and white but they worked. I could also still sell my tickets by transferring them online. Hope this helps.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/10/2022 at 12:55 PM, diversification said:

Hi there, I'm a new season ticket holder this year and from what I hear, the default choices are either (1) plastic card + electronic or (2) electronic only.  When I ran a search for "paper tickets" I did see a few mentions in threads from 2021, so I'm thinking there must still be a way to get those.  Can anyone tell me if that's correct, and if so how I would go about getting them? I'm still undecided if I'd do it, but I'd still like to know. 

Thanks!

EDIT: Holy cow, the way some of you just went off into left field with this post was more spastic than a squirrel with ADHD lol.  I was asking because I've seen the collections some people have kept and framed for their home bars and such and thought that might be fun.  For those worried about my technical abilities, swing by my house and I'll use my rooted phone to initiate a home automation routine that flashes my lights at you to let you know "I'm good, thanks."  😂

You're lucky they still offer a plastic card option.

• Agree 1

On 4/10/2022 at 12:55 PM, diversification said:

Thanks!

Not sure if anyone else mentioned it, but you could get the game books they distribute for free and frame those instead? Won't have your seat listed though of course. I am of the same mind to want to have something to piece together like that. Some people just don't understand.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You're lucky they still offer a plastic card option.

I am actually surprised they still do. Given the way the world is today I just figured every team does mobile tickets. Especially post Covid. I know this past season MetLife also went cashless. Everything is scanned now.

23 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I am actually surprised they still do. Given the way the world is today I just figured every team does mobile tickets. Especially post Covid. I know this past season MetLife also went cashless. Everything is scanned now.

They are scanned if they are cards or mobile tickets.

4 hours ago, eball said:

I am guessing -- but do not know for certain -- that this is probably just CYA language to make sure people don't think they automatically get playoff tickets when they buy season tickets.  I bet if you purchase playoff tickets through your ST account they are added to the card.

The use of the future tense indicates to me that it's a change in policy.  "...will NOT be loaded on the season ticket card, and the card will not be valid for entry."  I do hope you are right.

5 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I prefer the cards.  I do not trust the performance of my phone in all weather conditions and life events.  Drop them on the asphalt and they do not bounce.  Apparently, the cards can not be used for entry to any potential home playoff games, which is both weird and disappointing.

If your phone poops the bed, you can go to window.  Not sure where I heard that.  Maybe here...

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

The use of the future tense indicates to me that it's a change in policy.  "...will NOT be loaded on the season ticket card, and the card will not be valid for entry."  I do hope you are right.

A simple call to the ticket office should clear it up.

Just to let people know, as of last season Ticketmaster was still issuing paper tickets.  Last year I bought a ticket for opening day & I got a ticket called a "Smart Ticket" in the mail about a week or 2 later.  The ticket is a printed ticket with a chip inside.  Eventually, I got nervous that the people at the gate wouldn't know how to scan the ticket & switched to an electronic ticket on my phone, but at least for single game purchasers, as of the 2021 season you can still get a paper ticket.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

I don't mind buying stuff cashless. I prefer to just touch the chip card and be done. But mobile tickets can be a royal pain if you can't get WIFI or mobile data at the stadium. I always get the plastic cards.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 4/11/2022 at 3:20 PM, richNjoisy said:

I have been a season ticket holder for about 15 years or so. When they went to the cards, I had no problem at the gate but, a few times, I have had problem using my Android phone for various reasons. So, last year when there was a mix up and I was defaulted to phone only (no card) I complained to my ticket agent and she sent me paper tickets.  They were boring looking in black and white but they worked. I could also still sell my tickets by transferring them online. Hope this helps.

Ah, that's a shame that they're just plain at this point, but it's good to know that it's at least still an option.  I will likely just stick with the plastic cards since I don't really care to frame plain paper tickets.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.