Dwayne Haskins killed [Edit: struck by vehicle]

FireChans

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

His death is tragic, but it's really not that weird a tweet as it describes what his audience might know him for.

"Dwayne Haskins, a standout at Ohio State before being drafted by Washington and then b/u QB with Pittsburgh in the NFL, died this morning when he got hit by a car in South Florida, per his agent Cedric Saunders. Haskins would have turned 25 years old on May 3."

that is what asshat should have tweeted. And any compassionate person would have. 

• Agree 1

Sheesh, not even 25, that stings. Way too young. So weird to see this after I saw his name come up when I was browsing thru drafts from the last couple years and was reminded that he was a first round pick. I totally forgot he ended up with Pittsburgh. Tragic stuff. 

7 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

?? But why. I don’t think I’ve ever willing tried to cross an interstate as a pedestrian. 

I’d never try under any circumstances. Crossing a one lane road where cars are going 55 is difficult enough. Crossing 3-4 lanes of traffic with cars going 60-70? Nearly impossible. You will never realize how fast cars get to you at that speed until it’s too late. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, cba fan said:

"Dwayne Haskins, a standout at Ohio State before being drafted by Washington and then b/u QB with Pittsburgh in the NFL, died this morning when he got hit by a car in South Florida, per his agent Cedric Saunders. Haskins would have turned 25 years old on May 3."

that is what asshat should have tweeted. And any compassionate person would have. 

People focusing on the wrong thing is worse than the tweet... but this is the world we live in, find anything to be angry about. It sucks his death is being overshadowed on here b.c people didn't like a tweet and want to bash that person. 

Edited by TBBills

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

His death is tragic, but it's really not that weird a tweet as it describes what his audience might know him for.

If his audience are football fans, they know him mostly from his amazing career at Ohio State.

4 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I’d never try under any circumstances. Crossing a one lane road where cars are going 55 is difficult enough. Crossing 3-4 lanes of traffic with cars going 60-70? Nearly impossible. You will never realize how fast cars get to you at that speed until it’s too late. 

I mean, you are a professional athlete. AAA? Friends? I don’t get it. But RIP anyways. So sad. 

3 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

How terrible I used to live in South Florida a lot of the drivers down there did not even have a license or speak English very dangerous

yeah, most English speaking people are never involved in car accidents.

They 'speak english very dangerous'?   And you criticize others English skills.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.