Diggs Extended 4 more years breaking news per WGR 550

BillsPride12

3 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

We are all in on a super bowl this year. Unless the Bills can bring in someone equal to or better than Edmonds, he isn’t being moved before this season. 

Who replaces Edmonds? For sure he could be better, but he also plays a vital role to our defense. 

I just don't see him as a make or break piece... 

IMO, he likely has a Top 100 pick return.  If I'm Beane, I'm 100% shopping him for a 2nd or 3rd Rounder and then using our 2nd Round Pick on his replacement, while freeing up cap space for a 1 year rental corner.  

This team is now top heavy... Allen-Diggs-Miller-White, with guys like Knox likely, Milano, Dawkins, Oliver likely in the next tier of sizeable contracts.  It seems foolish to let a guy like Edmunds walk for nothing at the position of LB..  He's not a LT, WR, CB, EDGE... He's a LB... with all the talent we have on defense, I'm fine with a rookie/high pick MLB.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Chuggachuggachuggachugga u better hop on board mates we are on the winning the offseason and Ima praying soon to be the regular season success train

Beane the conductor ALL ABOARD!~!~!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOTTTTT

**Happy dancing around 2bd** All the pieces are falling right into place. Pegulas are saying straight up this team WILL be a dynasty and Ima gonna PAY for that to happen

🙂

• Like (+1) 2

Ranking next extensions in order. 

1. Oliver

I am not putting Poyer or Edmunds in yet. Need to see the Bills get through the draft. I could see both moved at the draft. 

I am leaning to I can get Edmunds level play from Dodson. I know though the internal Bills think much more ahighly of Edmunds than even I do. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

McDermott probably thinks he’s too unrefined in coverage (he is). He’s a ball hawk but not Sean’s type of corner imo. 

Given Diggs corner style of "make a huge play or get burned", I think he would quite literally drive McDermott insane. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

This seems like a very team-friendly deal even by the standards of 30 seconds ago.  We'll need to see what the cap hits look like over time, but on an annual basis this is going to look like a bargain-bin signing in a couple of seasons.

Agreed.     

The fear for me was that he would want Tyreek Hill money, and clearly, he just wanted to stay in Buffalo and be paid fairly. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ranking next extensions in order. 

1. Oliver

I am not putting Poyer or Edmunds in yet. Need to see the Bills get through the draft. I could see both moved at the draft. 

I am leaning to I can get Edmunds level play from Dodson. I know though the internal Bills think much more ahighly of Edmunds than even I do. 

I would kinda like to see Poyer stay and get a 2yr extension but at the same time there's some safeties in this draft that I really like.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.