Diggs Extended 4 more years breaking news per WGR 550

BillsPride12

Great news.

Good Morning Football is in general an horrendous show but I was watching today as Emmanuel Sanders is on again. His initial reactions to the deal and Diggs stories have been music to my ears.

All the McDermott family (inc dog) wearing  Diggs jerseys in their Christmas card photograph 🤣

Edited by BritBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, BritBill said:

Great news.

Good Morning Football is in general an horrendous show but I was watching today as Emmanuel Sanders is on again. His initial reactions to the deal and Diggs stories have been music to my ears.

All the McDermott family (inc dog) earring Diggs jerseys in their Christmas card photograph 🤣

Dude, it's a great show.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 7

This probably means that one of Hyde/Poyer and one of Edmunds/Milano are gone after this year.  Knox can have part of Edmunds’s money (I think he’s the one to leave), and Davis (who is getting a big contract) can have the rest of the savings. (Oliver need to get paid, too, but I think offense gets the money for now.)  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Edmunds moved at the draft. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I’m awful with cap stuff. Can someone please explain how this extension impacts the cap this year? 

Should create some space this year. Don't have numbers for this exact deal but before FA when talking about ways to create cap 7-8 mil in space was thrown around if diggs extended

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BritBill said:

My man, we have different tastes. I’m ok with that. I also can’t get in with Peaky Blinders but such is life 👍 

If you don’t like Kay and Kyle, there is something fundamentally wrong with you.  That’s not an opinion

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Some of the better comments online: 

“We’re paying out of Beane’s 401k at this point.” 

“Somehow Beane is going to structure this so that the cap hit this year is 3 dollars and a button.” 

And possibly my favorite; to the point and elegant: 

“Suck on that, Dallas” 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

8 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

This probably means that one of Hyde/Poyer and one of Edmunds/Milano are gone after this year.  Knox can have part of Edmunds’s money (I think he’s the one to leave), and Davis (who is getting a big contract) can have the rest of the savings. (Oliver need to get paid, too, but I think offense gets the money for now.)  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Edmunds moved at the draft. 

Right but in both cases its not hard to see who is the odd man out. Milano was just restructured and he'd left us with ton of dead cap even if traded. Same with Hyde. Poyer/Edmunds are the ones who might not have a future with the Bills.

I agree that Knox/Oliver will be paid. Hopefully they will be both reasonable.

32 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Now sign a cb.  One heck of an offseason

Think that seals the deal for the Bills 1st round pick. I'd be surprised if it's a WR unless one falls in their lap. Unlikely since so many teams need a WR. I think it's the best available CB. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.