Diggs Extended 4 more years breaking news per WGR 550

BillsPride12

43 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Great news.

Good Morning Football is in general an horrendous show but I was watching today as Emmanuel Sanders is on again. His initial reactions to the deal and Diggs stories have been music to my ears.

All the McDermott family (inc dog) wearing  Diggs jerseys in their Christmas card photograph 🤣

It is a horrendus show. It was watchable with Nate. It is unwatchable since his departure. Kyle Brandt is the most pointless person on NFL television. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 7
  • Dislike 6

44 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

This probably means that one of Hyde/Poyer and one of Edmunds/Milano are gone after this year.  Knox can have part of Edmunds’s money (I think he’s the one to leave), and Davis (who is getting a big contract) can have the rest of the savings. (Oliver need to get paid, too, but I think offense gets the money for now.)  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Edmunds moved at the draft. 

This.  

Again.  This system makes the DBs not the other way around. 

32 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Think that seals the deal for the Bills 1st round pick. I'd be surprised if it's a WR unless one falls in their lap. Unlikely since so many teams need a WR. I think it's the best available CB. 

Plus McDermott has repeatedly said that WR is one of the positions where you can get impact players outside of the first round.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I've stated my affection for Kay Adams many a time on here. Kyle is a bit too much for me. 

bit too much is being kind. He is about 3 whole buckets of too much. I find Schrags voice annoying and they don't actually let him do what he is good at which is report they have him in this kinda personality / talking head / opinion giver role he is ill suited for. Kay is fine but she is just fine. 

Nate was the show. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, davefan66 said:

No way they would break up Josh and Diggs and not tick off Josh.  No way they were doing to trade him.

Glad to see they got it done!

Edit:  I bet this creates some salary cap room.  Nothing to run out and buy another FA, just breathing room to sign draft class and take care of in season signings.

Yep

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I’m awful with cap stuff. Can someone please explain how this extension impacts the cap this year? 

TBC. The structure of this deal is going to be very interesting. 

I am imagining a deal that gives Stef in real terms 2 more years of proper money - so in his age 31 and age 32 seasons. The rest will be good cap numbers but not much in terms of guarantees so the Bills can keep kicking the can when they get there. If you are still productive at 32, turn some salary into bonus for the next year and kick the can, and then do the same the year after. Then we will carry a few mil dead cap when Stef hangs em up. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is a horrendus show. It was watchable with Nate. It is unwatchable since his departure. Kyle Brandt is the most pointless person on NFL television. 

It used to be ok when it started being shown on Sky and it was a bit of a novelty if I was home around midday. Once the covid came and we were having to work from home and see more, it and a 50% of the hosts became unbearable. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, BritBill said:

It used to be ok when it started being shown on Sky and it was a bit of a novelty if I was home around midday. Once the covid came and we were having to work from home and see more, it and a 50% of the hosts became unbearable. 

I try only to watch now when something significant is happening. I watched black monday for example. But thats about it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Santana said:

That extension starts in 2 years right?

As part of the deal, expect the next 2 years to be re-worked

43 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Great news.  

I'm just hoping, with Allen, Diggs and Miller taking up so much cap space, Beane scores some hits in the draft.  We need contributions from guys on rook contracts.  

This is why I'm fairly confident we won't see a big trade-up that costs us multiple picks this year and next.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I would have to disagree. Just because Nate played football does not make him a great commentator / analyst. In my opinion the other 3 are highly knowledgeable and are among some of the best in the business, and that is why the show is so successful. Nate is average and was actually the least entertaining out of them all. I lost all respect for him when I heard that he patented the saying “toe drag swag” and started suing individuals for using it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2

54 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

This probably means that one of Hyde/Poyer and one of Edmunds/Milano are gone after this year.  Knox can have part of Edmunds’s money (I think he’s the one to leave), and Davis (who is getting a big contract) can have the rest of the savings. (Oliver need to get paid, too, but I think offense gets the money for now.)  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Edmunds moved at the draft. 

Remember that Ed was a 1st Rd pick and Bills have option year with him and DT is a low number compared to premier positions like CB, DE, QB, WR, LT.  And although Bills may not move Tremaine this year I do believe OBD drafts his replacement.  It is pretty late in offseason for a team to fit Tremaine's $12,8mm under their cap - though a team trading foir him could do extension/new deal.  We will see.  I would take Chad Muma personally.  

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I try only to watch now when something significant is happening. I watched black monday for example. But thats about it.

I was having a sarnie today, saw it was on and remembered reading Sanders was on (he's decent BTW). As luck would have it the Diggs news broke just as I took my first bite out of my New York deli from Asda. To get some immediate reaction from a player who's been in the same locker room and training field was good. I won't get that lucky again. 

They need to realise the best thing about the show is the former players' views and get more on. 

Edited by BritBill

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.