Diggs Extended 4 more years breaking news per WGR 550

BillsPride12

Diggs’ biggest strengths — his route running savvy, release package, technical prowess, and strong hands — do not seem like the type of attributes that are going to wane too greatly as he ages.

He’s also incredibly hard working and dedicated to his body health and to being great, so I see him keeping himself in top shape.

I can understand why some are worried, but I think he’ll be just fine through at least age 33, which is all we need from him.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Well I didn't say of that... I mean you play out the final two years, if he refuses to play he doesn't have much choice with the new CBA rules,  and if you need to you trade him,  like KC just did with Hill.

This won't be a problem until 2 years down the road,  next year will be fine is 2, 3, 4 years later this hurts most likely. 

The fact is the team has options other than back up the truck and dump money in his lap. 

31 minutes ago, Logic said:

Diggs’ biggest strengths — his route running savvy, release package, technical prowess, and strong hands — do not seem like the type of attributes that are going to wane too greatly as he ages.

He’s also incredibly hard working and dedicated to his body health and to being great, so I see him keeping himself in top shape.

I can understand why some are worried, but I think he’ll be just fine through at least age 33, which is all we need from him.

Anyone worrying about Diggs over the next 2-3 years are just pessimistic folk that are missing something to b**** about.  

dude is 28 years old ffs.  Turns 29 November 29th…..

reggie Wayne, ages 31-34 caught at least 100 passes 3 of his 4 seasons. 1355 yards when he was 32 and 34.  Is Diggs not comparable to Reggie Wayne?  

steve smith ages 32 and 33 had 1300+ and 1100+

isaac Bruce ages 32 and 34 - 1300+ 1000+ 

Andre Johnson ages 31-32….1600 1400

Jimmy smith, wrecked shop through age 36

Derrick Mason baller til 35

Rod smith 35

when I started listing them I didn’t realize how great so many WRs played after the age of 32.  There’s a boatload….. yet we have a guy worried about Diggs in his age 29 season…..

just look at the top 40 pass catchers in history.  Each of them were still very good @ the age of 31.  A handful started the decline after their age 31 season   Torrey holt, Chad Johnson, Julio jones, fell off after their age 31 season.  

Diggs will have played four seasons by his age 32 season.  At that time, we can cut the cord and do what we like.  The contract is well thought out and makes a lot of sense when you consider at what age wrs usually start to slow down.  Yet someone is worried about him starting to decline at age 29….. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Anyone worrying about Diggs over the next 2-3 years are just pessimistic folk that are missing something to b**** about.  

reggie Wayne, ages 31-34 caught at least 100 passes 3 of his 4 seasons. 1355 yards when he was 32 and 34.  Is Diggs not comparable to Reggie Wayne?  

Rod smith 35

when I started listing them I didn’t realize how great so many WRs played after the age of 32.  There’s a boatload….. yet we have a guy worried about Diggs in his age 29 season…..

just look at the top 40 pass catchers in history.  Each of them were still very good @ the age of 31.  A handful started the decline after their age 31 season   Torrey holt, Chad Johnson, Julio jones, fell off after their age 31 season.  

Diggs will have played four seasons by his age 32 season.  At that time, we can cut the cord and do what we like.  The contract is well thought out and makes a lot of sense when you consider at what age wrs usually start to slow down.  Yet someone is worried about him starting to decline at age 29….. 

I'll add Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin to that list.  Hell, Heins Ward if you want to go back a decade.  There are posters who bring up a good point that no WR over 30 had over 1,000 yards last year.  There's plenty of examples of WR's hitting a wall around the age of 30 (Dez Bryant is the first name that comes to mind). 

We're going to get a much bigger sample size with Kupp, Adams, Diggs, Lockett, Theilen, and Hopkins all around the same age.  Beane made a calculated risk that they have at least four more good years in Diggs who's excellent route running can help minimize any decline in quickness.  The connection with Allen shouldn't be overlooked.  To me Von Miller is the contract that makes me the most uneasy.  Three years taking him to the age of 36 until we can get out of the deal with a manageable dead cap hit.

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'll add Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin to that list.  Hell, Heins Ward if you want to go back a decade.  There are posters who bring up a good point that no WR over 30 had over 1,000 yards last year.  There's plenty of examples of WR's hitting a wall around the age of 30 (Dez Bryant is the first name that comes to mind). 

We're going to get a much bigger sample size with Kupp, Adams, Diggs, Lockett, Theilen, and Hopkins all around the same age.  Beane made a calculated risk that they have at least four more good years in Diggs who's excellent route running can help minimize any decline in quickness.  The connection with Allen shouldn't be overlooked.  To me Von Miller is the contract that makes me the most uneasy.  Three years taking him to the age of 36 until we can get out of the deal with a manageable dead cap hit.

Add pretty much every WR in the top 40-50 receptions except the 3 I listed.  And even those 3 WRs were still good until the age Diggs reaches on year 5 of his contract.  But people are worrying about him in year 2…..@ age 29.  It’s really one of the stupidest things I’ve read on this board.  Manufacturing BS just to create a

negative spin.

10 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Well I didn't say of that... I mean you play out the final two years, if he refuses to play he doesn't have much choice with the new CBA rules,  and if you need to you trade him,  like KC just did with Hill.

This won't be a problem until 2 years down the road,  next year will be fine is 2, 3, 4 years later this hurts most likely. 

The fact is the team has options other than back up the truck and dump money in his lap. 

They didn’t back up a truck. Diggs salary is fair now and will be a value in 2 years from now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/12/2022 at 1:24 AM, NewEra said:

Rod smith 35

He's already in physical decline.  Peak is 25-27. 

Production wise there was a huge drop off from last year. 

What I find comical is people ignoring the history of evidence against 30 year old WRs lol, I mean come on be serious.  

If he's producing 1000+ yards 100+ catches into his 30s he's an outlier. 

You would need your head in the sand to not have concerns about this. 

• Dislike 1

56 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

What I find comical is people ignoring the history of evidence against 30 year old WRs lol, I mean come on be serious.  

Lol 25-27... he is about to hit his peak you have bad information. Or are just trolling really bad.

If you peaked at 25-27 I feel bad for you.

Edited by TBBills
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

You been @DC Tom’d. 

you apparently stuck your head in a garbage disposal top first and stopped about 1/3 of the way down. Not sure why I even waste my time replying to you.  I’ve learned my lesson.  Enjoy life as an idiot. ✌️ 

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I think he has his head someplace, not sure it’s the sand. 

Yeah…a garbage disposal.  Can’t wait to see what he says when we win couple Super Bowls with Diggs on the team.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 7:26 PM, TBBills said:

Lol 25-27... he is about to hit his peak you have bad information. Or are just trolling really bad.

If you peaked at 25-27 I feel bad for you.

Don't feel bad for me, feel bad you are unaware of when physical peak is for athletes.  A quick Google search will show you this, especially for explosion and quick twitch muscles. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.pro-football-reference.com/articles/des.htm%23:~:text%3DFrom%2026%20to%2028%2C%20they,5%2D100er%20year%20after%20that.&ved=2ahUKEwj9tNuYpLL3AhV8lYkEHTFTCLYQFnoECAoQBQ&usg=AOvVaw177lDrsZsjoSiEmyHTeU46

https://builtforathletes.com/blogs/news/what-age-do-athletes-peak

On 4/13/2022 at 11:01 PM, NewEra said:

You been @DC Tom’d. 

you apparently stuck your head in a garbage disposal top first and stopped about 1/3 of the way down. Not sure why I even waste my time replying to you.  I’ve learned my lesson.  Enjoy life as an idiot. ✌️ 

Yeah…a garbage disposal.  Can’t wait to see what he says when we win couple Super Bowls with Diggs on the team.  

You cherry picked a few outliers from players that were 10-20 years ago that were far more productive than Diggs and completely ignore Diggs massive production fall off this year.  

Still completely ignore recent data that's been handed to you. 

You are betting on Diggs to be an outlier when he is coming off a year with a drop off in production. 

You're ignoring massive risk.  The odds are not in Diggs favor the least bit and his recent trend isn't either. 

Not smart.  

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Don't feel bad for me, feel bad you are unaware of when physical peak is for athletes.  A quick Google search will show you this, especially for explosion and quick twitch muscles. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.pro-football-reference.com/articles/des.htm%23:~:text%3DFrom%2026%20to%2028%2C%20they,5%2D100er%20year%20after%20that.&ved=2ahUKEwj9tNuYpLL3AhV8lYkEHTFTCLYQFnoECAoQBQ&usg=AOvVaw177lDrsZsjoSiEmyHTeU46

https://builtforathletes.com/blogs/news/what-age-do-athletes-peak

You cherry picked a few outliers from players that were 10-20 years ago that were far more productive than Diggs and completely ignore Diggs massive production fall off this year.  

Still completely ignore recent data that's been handed to you. 

You are betting on Diggs to be an outlier when he is coming off a year with a drop off in production. 

You're ignoring massive risk.  The odds are not in Diggs favor the least bit and his recent trend isn't either. 

Not smart.  

Yeah…..resigning Diggs was not smart.  We should have forced him to sit out and demand a trade.  That was what’s up next.  Regardless of if he’s under contract or not. In 2022, if players want to be traded….they 
are traded.  I’m sure this would’ve been great for our fortunes in 2022-23-24.  If we win one super bowl in the next few years, it’s worth it.  We’ll wait and see. 

You >> Beane.  I forgot.  

• Eyeroll 1

The signing isn’t about Diggs. It’s about what happens on field as a whole. With Diggs out there, happy, the defenses have to give him WR1 treatment. Allows the other weapons on offense to over produce. We can’t look at the huge $$ for Diggs as being just a Diggs deal.
It’s a Bills deal. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/13/2022 at 7:12 PM, ArtVandalay said:

image.thumb.png.837429f418896ac1e745bbefda7ce42b.png

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/26/2022 at 10:46 AM, ArtVandalay said:

I'm really confused here cause I can't seem to locate this massive production fall off you are speaking about.  

5 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I'm really confused here cause I can't seem to locate this massive production fall off you are speaking about.  

He went from 1st in total yards in 2020 to 8th in 2021.  Hes clearly toast.  I doubt he ever breaks 1,500 yards again.  His ceiling is 1,475 tops.  

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

He went from 1st in total yards in 2020 to 8th in 2021.  Hes clearly toast.  I doubt he ever breaks 1,500 yards again.  His ceiling is 1,475 tops.  

Well now I see it.... 

Breakfast Toast GIF

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

With 1 extra game this past year he had 24 less catches and 310 less yards.  He produced 96 yards per game in 20 and 72 yards per game in 21... a 24 yard per game decrease... 

Obviously still productive but that is the decline in production that was referenced.  

47 minutes ago, K-9 said:

image.thumb.png.837429f418896ac1e745bbefda7ce42b.png

No, it's called reading. In fact a quick Google search can return you results for that basic information you quoted. 

Seems a few posters are entirely unaware of typical career arcs. Yes the age of prime and decline is younger than what your grandpa told you. We have plenty of data,  review it,  use it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

With 1 extra game this past year he had 24 less catches and 310 less yards.  He produced 96 yards per game in 20 and 72 yards per game in 21... a 24 yard per game decrease... 

Obviously still productive but that is the decline in production that was referenced.  

It could also be that all teams had plenty of game tape of the Diggs Allen combo from the 1st year together and made a few adjustments.

We could also site the issues we had with the OL for the 1st half of the season...

Then there is Josh Allen, a player who most definitely is very happy and very comfortable Keeping Diggs here, and had some input.

Great WR"s have been known to stay very productive into their 30s. I see DIggs as one of those WR's. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.