Diggs Extended 4 more years breaking news per WGR 550

BillsPride12

Remaining items on Beane's list because I believe in this moment in time there is nothing he can't do:

1.  Trade for DK Metcalf without giving up any players or important draft picks;

2.  Sign S. Gilmore to start at CB for the veteran minimum;

3.  Make it so "The Last Jedi" never existed either here or in any of the other multiverses, except for the multiverses where I have hair (f*** those lucky jerks);

4.  Sign 66 year old Jeff Nixon to a 1 game cap friendly (of course) contract so he can play against the Dolphins at home one more time to try and duplicate or surpass his four turnover game (3 INTs, 1 FR) that ended the 20 game losing streak in 1980 and so he can hang with Poyer and Hyde, where he belongs.

OK...so...giddy up now.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think the quotes make it a reference to the incorrect assessment of Diggs that was made by the Vikings, their fans, and most of the league at the time of his trade.

Doesnt read to me like Brown is calling him a diva, even sarcastically. He's referring to the quotes by others.

Are we playing the Vikings at home or on the road ? Regardless I expect to see Diggs get targeted more then a dozen times !!! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If he has another season like last year, he definitely gets a top 5 TE contract because he will be a top 5 TE.

71 targets 49 receptions for 587 yards and 9 TDs isn’t top 5 TE Production IMO

those are all (except maybe the TDs) easily replaceable. 

but let’s see what he does this year with likely more targets. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, Putin said:

Are we playing the Vikings at home or on the road ? Regardless I expect to see Diggs get targeted more then a dozen times !!! 

Oh for sure....will be the 1st time game against them since leaving for Bills. Big game for him written all over here.  

48 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah, wonder what made him decide to use that word? He has certainly proved otherwise, but anyways

The “Diva” label came from Min with the Trade. And why he is using it here and putting in quotes. 

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

49 receptions for 587 yards and 9 TDs isn’t top 5 TE Production IMO

Stats rarely tell the whole story.

Especially for a TE who is part of an offense loaded with WR talent. Unlike guys like Kittle, Waller, Andrews, Pitts, etc who are their QBs #1 option.

The way Knox played last year was like a top-5 TE. If he keeps it up, he's a top-5 TE, even with those stats.

We'll see what the OC change to Dorsey who lived and died by his TEs does for him. I'm also more confident with Knox than some others that he'd give the Bills the Milano/Dawkins/White type of discount. He'll get paid but it will be a fair team deal.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

49 receptions for 587 yards and 9 TDs isn’t top 5 TE Production IMO

11 TDs counting the  postseason, and please keep in mind all the other high class receivers on the team.  Not enough footballs to go around to keep everybody in synch with high class production.  But be assurred that he is, in fact, high class.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The “Diva” label came from Min with the Trade. And why he is using it here and putting in quotes. 

Yeah, it was pointed out to me that was likely the case. Makes sense, I just wasn't thinking of it along those lines at the time

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Stats rarely tell the whole story.

Especially for a TE who is part of an offense loaded with WR talent. Unlike guys like Kittle, Waller, Andrews, Pitts, etc who are their QBs #1 option.

The way Knox played last year was like a top-5 TE. If he keeps it up, he's a top-5 TE, even with those stats.

We'll see what the OC change to Dorsey who lived and died by his TEs does for him. I'm also more confident with Knox than some others that he'd give the Bills the Milano/Dawkins/White type of discount. He'll get paid but it will be a fair team deal.

Cool if he produces I will decide if I would extend him. Right now would not be my priority. If anything he likely goes the Gesicki route and gets Tagged. 

that is how I would deal with Knox at this point. At end of the day cannot pay everyone. and because of that IMO this is going to be Poyers last year as a Bill as well. (Best case) may not even make it into the year. 

Edited by MAJBobby

24 minutes ago, Putin said:

The Bills play GB and MIN at home. CHI and DET on the road this year.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Cool if he produces I will decide if I would extend him. Right now would not be my priority. If anything he likely goes the Gesicki route and gets Tagged. 

that is how I would deal with Knox at this point. At end of the day cannot pay everyone. and because of that IMO this is going to be Poyers last year as a Bill as well. (Best case) may not even make it into the year. 

Yeah I agree you wait and see with Knox. I do agree with @DrDawkinstein he did a hell of a job last season. Made one of the biggest improvements anyone could hope for and did play like a top TE.

My thing is I just want to see that level of play will roll over to this upcoming season. Basically would hope to see consistency and not end up being one of those 1 season and drop off typethings

2 hours ago, Motor26 said:

If they don’t get a Super Bowl in that 7 year window then maybe they really are cursed.

The new stadium will be off the Indian burial grounds so that's one less curse to worry about in that time frame. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I haven't seen anywhere just yet myself unless I missed it....

Spotrac still doesn't have T Jones listed yet so could be awhile!! LOL

Have to say, kind of shocked that Ryan Bates hit this year is only $3.5 mil, about $1 mil over the tender.  Bears didn't make it very hard to match.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.