Brady tried to engineer his way to Miami: TAMPERING!

Zerovoltz

45 minutes ago, Dopey said:

The only reason this thread is still going is hurt feelings that Tom owned us for 18+ years. 🤣

if you want it to end.  Stop posting in it.  

Tampering is OK with you? 

Pretending to retire is OK?

20 years of being in cheating system does tarnish one’s reputation 

Quit being so Dopey

• Like (+1) 6
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

He’ll probably be there next year if he has a decent year this year.  I’m not worried about a 46 yr old Brady when we have Allen in his prime.

They will be better, but so will we.

I honestly hope he goes there. Would love to see our Dline put him on his back the whole game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

I don't think by definition, players can be said to be tampering.  They can say and do what they want.   Now, Miami would theoretically have to get permission from Tampa to have any kind of conversation with Brady or his agent.  If the Miami GM or owner or coach did an interview for some local media outlet and said, "We are interested in having Tom Brady play for us," that would be a huge "No no!"

2 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I don't think by definition, players can be said to be tampering.  They can say and do what they want.   Now, Miami would theoretically have to get permission from Tampa to have any kind of conversation with Brady or his agent.  If the Miami GM or owner or coach did an interview for some local media outlet and said, "We are interested in having Tom Brady play for us," that would be a huge "No no!"

if what you say or do, means to skirt the system -when teams are not allowed to talk to players.  

it is tampering.  

stop making EXCUSES for the WLB’s of the NFL!

Tammy Brady is a WLB 
AaRon Rodgers is a WLB 

Baker has been a WLB

Cam Newton is a WLB

QB’s with success against the Bills 

Drew Brees is NOT a WLB 

Mahomes is NOT a WLB (his bro, wife and mother are another story all together)

6 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

if you want it to end.  Stop posting in it.  

Tampering is OK with you? 

Pretending to retire is OK?

20 years of being in cheating system does tarnish one’s reputation 

Quit being so Dopey

Never said I wanted it to end. That's why I posted. Just an observation.

I don't know that there was tampering involved and don't care.

He never signed retirement paperwork and was quoted as saying "never say never" when it comes to retirement.

His reputation?!? He seems fine to me. Doesn't give a crap what we think, nor should he.

Don't ask me not to be me. You do you. I'll be myself. 

On 3/25/2022 at 10:16 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So the source of all this is a Boston sports journalist, Dale Arnold, who covers hockey for NE sports network.   His claim to fame is that he was one of the first to report that Brady to Tampa was a "done deal".

And even he caveats this one as "they are working on it, but they might not get it done"

Meanwhile another journalist (this one a "National NFL Insider" for the Athletic) says "nothing doing"

So at this point, the rumor is a bit above "just a dude on the Twitters" but not much

You know what i get out of this post from the Athletic?

The Police drive up to a bunch a gangsters and they scream to the cops.. "nothing to see here... Carry on!"

5 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

Colluding?  Let's not pretend that Tommy was kidnapped, and when they removed the hood he just happened to be on Ross' yacht.  He knew exactly what the chin-wag was going to be about.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Doc said:

Colluding?  Let's not pretend that Tommy was kidnapped, and when they removed the hood he just happened to be on Ross' yacht.  He knew exactly what the chin-wag was going to be about.

I was looking for the LinkedIn 'insightful', but we ain't got one.  You'll have to settle for a 👍

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Of course Brady knew what was happening, and may well have initiated the contact.  I'm just saying, the league doesn't penalize players.  In theory, at least it's supposed to be the team that is penalized for the contact, regardless of who called up who.

12 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

he had no intention of retiring 

it was all a show to SELL HIS BRAND. 

Did you read the bit about the tampering angle? 

He wanted an out because he didn’t like Ariens calling him out when the offense stuttered. 

30 days off, the same as every other NFL player is not a retirement.  

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-should-want-to-know-how-truthful-allegations-of-tom-brady-dolphins-backdoor-trade-are-005621548.html

Even is any of that was true, you can't sue him over an auction he had zero to do with.  That was what was mentioned.  He didn't organize or profit from the ball auction, so you can't sue him for unretiring.  It makes zero sense.

3 hours ago, cle23 said:

Even is any of that was true, you can't sue him over an auction he had zero to do with.  That was what was mentioned.  He didn't organize or profit from the ball auction, so you can't sue him for unretiring.  It makes zero sense.

People sue for all sorts of things. 

I you were screwed out of $500k 

what would you do? 

He had no intent to retire, it was a ruse. 

His actions led to the auction of a ball that he knew probably wasn’t his last TD.  

(It may turn out that way, if he gets a serious injury in camp or PS.)

Who had the ball before the auction?

The NFL?

The guy who caught the ball?

Brady himself?

15 hours ago, Dopey said:

The only reason this thread is still going is hurt feelings that Tom owned us for 18+ years. 🤣

That's some boot licking right there. Tom Brady is a d-o-o-s-h of the highest degree. The fact that his chicanery has led to such unprecedented success is what fuels my contempt. Sure, watching him be a SORE WINNERTM against the Bills for years has informed my position on him. Doesn't make me wrong at all.

14 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

People sue for all sorts of things. 

I you were screwed out of $500k 

what would you do? 

He had no intent to retire, it was a ruse. 

His actions led to the auction of a ball that he knew probably wasn’t his last TD.  

(It may turn out that way, if he gets a serious injury in camp or PS.)

Who had the ball before the auction?

The NFL?

The guy who caught the ball?

Brady himself?

I think it was Mike Evans, he handed it to a guy in the stands.

Either way, Brady didn't screw the guy, and in the end, no one did. But Brady personally had zero to do with any of it.

Edited by cle23

17 hours ago, cle23 said:

I think it was Mike Evans, he handed it to a guy in the stands.

Either way, Brady didn't screw the guy, and in the end, no one did. But Brady personally had zero to do with any of it.

Its not like Brady certified that is the last ball I will ever through or something, there was inherent risk in selling the ball as the last TD pass Brady threw and that should have been well understood by all parties.   No one has ever retired and then changed their minds before?  No one is obligated to not take a job because some secondary market decided to capitalize on some artifact.

Not scared of Tom in any way, shape, or form. Not scared of him in a Bucs' uniform, not scared of him if he were in a Dolphins' uniform, and wouldn't care if he was still in a Pats' uniform. Brady is not done more than likely, but we aren't the Bills of 2000-2017 anymore. It's our time. Josh Allen is that mutha :censored: no one wants to face and it's going to be that way for a long time. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Talk about a misleading tweet.   if you click on the link and read the article (shocking, I know) it essentially says that Florio and Simms is pushing this story but the writer does not believe it since the Dolphins are more than a QB away (since they would not have enough draft capital to get Tyreke Hill if they traded a first for Sean Payton). So is screwing over Belichick really enough motivation for Brady to want to join the Dolphins?

Edited by Billy Claude

27 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

Talk about a misleading tweet.   if you click on the link and read the article (shocking, I know) it essentially says that Florio and Simms is pushing this story but the writer does not believe it since the Dolphins are more than a QB away (since they would not have enough draft capital to get Tyreke Hill if they traded a first for Sean Payton). So is screwing over Belichick really enough motivation for Brady to want to join the Dolphins?

Well he does seem to be the kind of prick to do something like that. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.