Round 1 Mock Draft - Bills Complete (2.0 on Page 2)

H2o

It's that time of the year again where I take a crack at this thing. We made some nice moves to fill some gaps on the defensive front early in FA. There are still holes and depth to be added though. In the rest of the NFL, there has been some serious moving and shaking going on. Draft picks flying around all over the place and FA signings that change the landscape of the 1st Round. Here we go. 

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Evan Neal / OT / Alabama - I know they tagged Cam Robinson, but the OL was a real weakness for them last year. I wouldn't be surprised is Cam is flipped to RT or even kicked inside to play LG. Neal would be a cornerstone at Trevor's blindside for the next decade. Hutchinson is a wildcard here, but I think Jax does what they feel will help their 2nd year QB the most. 

2. Detroit Lions - Aidan Hutchinson / DE / Michigan - The Michigan kid falls right into their laps at #2. Hutchinson is as clean a prospect as you will find and has Bosa-like potential. Detroit doesn't overthink the situation and takes the guy whom many feel is the best player in the draft. 

3. Houston Texans - Travon Walker / DE / Georgia - Houston could go OL here, but I think they go for a guy they expect to make an immediate impact on defense. Walker was part of one of the most outstanding and deep defenses the NCAA has ever seen. They had a heavy rotation up front because there was so much talent. Walker then goes to the Combine and put his athleticism on full display with a 4.51 40yd Dash and a 6.89 3-Cone Drill @ 272lbs. He also has 35-1/2" arms to go with that 6'5" frame and that 9.98 RAS, which is insane. Houston takes their swing at an elite edge prospect here. 

4. New York Jets - Jermaine Johnson II / DE / Florida St. - Do the Jets have other needs? Yes. Could they address one of those other needs here? Yes, but I think Saleh can't resist this move. They have Lawson coming back from injury, but Johnson is the type of player Saleh covets. Johnson also was another Georgia kid who transferred due to the heavy rotation. He definitely showed what he could do with more reps this last season notching 17 TFL's and 11.5 sacks. He also ran a 4.58 40yd dash with a 1.55 10yd split. He has plenty of get-off at the snap. He and Lawson could be an outstanding duo if Lawson returns to pre-injury form. 

5. New York Giants - Charles Cross / OT / Miss. St. - We all know what Daboll wants to do on offense. Pass, pass, pass, and pass some more. Cross is very athletic and comes from the Air-Raid Mike Leach offense where he pass blocked 90% of the time. He's shown great improvement the last couple of years and has really quick feet. I think Shoen/Daboll get a guy here they feel will keep Jones upright and be able to get out in front of Barkley in the screen game. 

6. Carolina Panthers - Kenny Pickett / QB / Pitt - Do I personally think this is too high for Pickett? Yes, but we see it every year with QB's. Carolina has a need at the position and takes another swing here. Pickett, tiny hands and all, was excellent this year throwing for 42 TD's and only 7 INT's. He's smart, mobile, and accurate. Carolina needs someone to run their offense and hope they've found their guy here. 

7. New York Giants (via Chicago) - Ahmad Gardner / CB / Cincinnati - Gardner is as elite a prospect as you will find at the position. He did not give up a single TD throughout his entire college career. He has the size, length, intelligence, and speed you covet at the CB position. He's also one of the most high character young men in this draft. He will instantly be their CB1 on that defense. 

8. Atlanta Falcons - Garrett Wilson / WR / Ohio St. - The Flacons just blew up their season by chasing Deshaun Watson. Now they've had to trade Matt Ryan and are rolling with Mariota at QB. They are also looking at another year without Calvin Ridley. Who tf is Mariota supposed to throw the ball to? The cupboard is pretty bare outside of Patterson and Pitts. Wilson is a silky smooth WR with outstanding body control, good ball skills, and he's a threat to take any catch to the house. Atlanta needs this. 

9. Seattle Seahawks - Kayvon Thibodeaux / DE / Oregon - No one would have expected Thibodeaux to last this long a couple months ago, but the attitude and work ethic concerns drop him here. Yeah, he ran a 4.58 40 and did 27 bench reps, but then opted out of the on field drills because he was "tired" and it "had been a long day." It was just the same for him as it was everyone else there, but they went through the workout. Seattle has never shied away from such things and also released Carlos Dunlap so this pick makes sense for them from a football standpoint. 

10. New York Jets (via Seattle) - Kyle Hamilton / S / Notre Dame - Saleh continues to mold this defense after the image he wants it to be. They get Jermaine Johnson II at #4 and then get another elite defensive talent @ #10. Hamilton can play either Safety position, has excellent ball skills, good speed, and is a sure tackler. He could be a real difference maker on the back end of that defense. 

11. Washington Commanders - Ikem Ekwonu / OT / North Carolina St. - Ekwonu is an excellent run blocker and has good athleticism. The work left to be done is in the Pass Pro aspects of his game. Still, he is one of the top 3 OT prospects in this draft and Washington definitely needs help on that front. Pencil in Ekwonu as a day 1 starter. 

12. Minnesota Vikings - Derek Stingley / CB / LSU - Stingley was looking like a possible top 5 prospect after his Freshman year at LSU where he posted 6 INT's. He's also had the benefit of practicing against two of the better WR's in the NFL at this point in time while in college, Jamaar Chase and Justin Jefferson. There are reports of those practice battles saying Stingley could hang with both of them as a 18 year old Freshman. Injuries and time off effected his play, but there is no doubt the talent and ability is there. The Vikings get an elite prospect at the position and also get younger as well. 

13. Houston Texans (via Cleveland) - Drake London / WR / USC - Drake London has a bit of Mike Evans to his game. He's not a burner, but he knows how to use his body and is a huge target with some deceptive wheels. Not fast, but fast enough to sneak up on you. If the Texans are truly going with Davis Mills then they need to get him some weapons. This is a good start. 

14. Baltimore Ravens - Tyler Linderbaum / C / Iowa - A Center at #14 to the Ravens? Yep. Did you see the protection for Lamar Jackson last year? He didn't stand a chance. Linderbaum can play either C or G in this offense, depending on what they want to do with Trystan Colon-Castillo, and be a top level contributor. I also think this offense suits him because of Roman's style and Linderbaum's natural athleticism. 

15. Philadelphia Eagles (via Miami) - Devin Lloyd / LB / Utah - Devin Lloyd will immediately step in as the "QB" of this defense. He's a true 3-down LB who plays the run, can cover TE's, can rush the passer, is smart, and is a good tackler. Philly gets a massive upgrade here.

16. Philadelphia Eagles (via Indy) - Jameson Williams / WR / Alabama - Here Philly goes to the Alabama well again for a WR. Reagor has been a huge disappointment and they need a running mate for Smith. Williams will be that guy who can take the lid off of the defense and any catch he gets his hands on to the house. He may not be ready in week1, but the Eagles are thinking long term with this selection. It's another good pick for the Eagles.

17. LA Chargers - Trevor Penning / OT / Northern Iowa - Talk about an embarrassment of riches. The Chargers have killed the pre-draft part of the offseason. They traded for Khalil Mack, signed JC Jackson, and Sebastian Joseph-Day. That defense is going to be scary. Now they look to further shoring up the OL for Herbert. Last year they got their LT in Rashawn Slater. This year they get their RT in Trevor Penning. Penning has that toughness and demeanor you look for in an OL'man, as well as the talent to go along with it. God help anyone who touches his QB for any reason because he will find you on the field at some point. 

18. New Orleans Saints - Chris Olave / WR / Ohio St. - The Saints have numerous needs on offense, but WR is definitely one of the more glaring. Olave is a great route runner, has excellent ball skills, has speed, and separates easily from anyone trying to cover him. This will be an immediate upgrade for their offense and much appreciated by whomever the QB ends up being. 

19. Philadelphia Eagles - George Karlaftis / DE / Purdue - With Ojabo tearing his achilles tendon at the Michigan Pro Day, Karlaftis slides into this spot. He doesn't really have the quick twitch or bend that some of the other prospects at the position have in this draft. But he's extremely powerful, uses his hands well, has a quick first step, and finishes when he gets an angle on whoever has the ball. This is the Eagles 3rd solid pick of the 1st Round. 

20. Pittsburgh Steelers - Trent McDuffie / CB / Washington - McDuffie is not the biggest CB in the draft, but he's smart, stout in run support, quick, fluid, and is basically never out of position. I know they just signed Levi Wallace, but McDuffie will be able to make an immediate impact in the Slot if nothing else and have his role expanded as time goes along. 

21. New England Patriots - Treylon Burks / WR / Arkansas - I hate to do this, I mean I REALLY hate to do this, but it makes too much sense. The Pats have basically nothing at WR. Harry is a bust. Burks is big, fast, physical, and can be used in many ways on offense. NE gets Mac Jones a true weapon for their offense with this pick. 

22. Green Bay Packers (via LV) - Jahan Dotson / WR / Penn St. - Everyone saw what Green Bay just did. They traded, arguably, the best WR in the NFL. They in turn use that pick received from LV on a WR. Dotson has speed, is a solid route runner, and is quick in/out of his breaks. Rodgers is going to need people to throw the ball to and Lazard as a #1 makes everyone else in the NFL laugh. 

23. Arizona Cardinals - Devonte Wyatt / DT / Georgia - The JJ Watt experience ended in injury in 2021, except he returned for the Playoffs after missing almost 3 months. Surprise, surprise. He can't be depended on. Arizona makes a move for a kid who can learn under Watt, is as gifted as they come, and is the future on that DL. 

24. Dallas Cowboys - Jordan Davis / DT / Georgia - Aaaaand here's the 2nd Georgia DT off of the board. Jerry Jones surely isn't going to pass up a 6'6" 341lb man who tested athletically the way he did. You put him and Demarcus Lawrence side-by-side and that means trouble for opposing OL's. I actually think Davis will be a better Pro because he will see more reps than in college. Dallas gets a great prospect here. 

25. Buffalo Bills - Zion Johnson / IOL / Boston College - The Bills aren't really drafting for need here imo, but further using picks to sure up the trenches in this instance. Johnson had a great Senior Bowl week matched up against elite competition and then had a Combine where he posted a 9.55 RAS. He fits the athletic profile of what we are looking to do now, seen in his on-the-field drills at the Combine, and has the versatility to play every interior position on the OL. It's not a flashy pick, but it's a solid, protecting your Franchise QB for the future pick. 

26. Tennessee Titans - Nakobe Dean / LB / Georgia - This is a Vrabel pick right here. The Titans let Jayon Brown walk in FA and now they're bringing in one of the top LB's in this class. Dean came up huge for Georgia this year. He had 72 tackles, 10 tfl's, 6 sacks, 5 pd's, and 2 INT's. He is a sideline to sideline LB who will play well in any defensive alignment. He reminds me a lot of Lavonte David coming out of Nebraska. 

27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Kenyon Green / G / Texas A&M - The Bucs were shocked at the sudden retirement of Ali Marpet. Not only is this possibly BPA, but it's also filling a need at the same time. Green is a powerful blocker who is a scheme fit for that offense as well. He'll be a day 1 starter along that OL for Tampa. 

28. Green Bay Packers - Boye Mafe / DE / Minnesota - The Packers just had to let go of Za'Darius Smith for cap purposes. Here, after taking a WR with their first 1st, they take the most talented EDGE on the board to replace Smith. He absolutely killed all of the athletic testing at the combine running a 4.53 40 with a 1.6 10yd split, a vertical of 38", and a 10'5" broad jump at 6'4" and 261lbs. He posted a total RAS of 9.88 when it was all said and done. Only Travon Walker of Georgia was better. 

29. Kansas City Chiefs (via Miami) - Skyy Moore / WR / Western Michigan - This is a move of desperation as I believe there are better players on the board and that Moore is a Day 2 prospect. He is a quality prospect though, but this pick is made because there is a huge hole left in that offense without Tyreke Hill. He is not in the same mold as Hill, but he has good speed, is a good route runner, and has excellent hands. 

30. Kansas City Chiefs - Kaiir Elam / CB / Florida - The Chiefs are cap strapped and have holes to fill, especially on defense. Here they take a talented CB with speed and the athletic ability you look for after taking a WR @ 29. He'll have to watch his hand usage in the NFL because he gets a little grabby at times, but that just means he'll fit right on in with that group over there. He's a really nice prospect for the Chiefs to get here still.  

31. Cincinnati Bengals - Bernhard Raimann / OT / Central Michigan - The shoring up around Joe Burrow continues. Raimann is an athletic OT who is really gifted as a run blocker, but needs work on his pass sets. He projects as a LT in the NFL, but will be able to contribute wherever they choose to use him and slide in at LT should they choose.  

32. Detroit Lions (via LA Rams) - Malik Willis / QB / Liberty - The Lions get Aidan Hutchinson with their pick at #2 and then get whom they hope is the QB of the future at #32. Willis is athletically gifted, but the level of competition is about to take a MASSIVE leap for the young man. He definitely helped himself in the on field drills at the Combine making some beautiful throws out there. His tape is pretty good as well, but it's playing for Liberty. Imo, he's a slower version of Lamar Jackson at this point. We'll see if he can make a similar impact. 

Well, that's a wrap on Round 1. All of these are just for fun and speculation, but flame away if you feel the need my friends. :thumbsup: 

Bills Remaining Picks

57. Chad Muma / LB / Wyoming

90. Kyler Gordon / CB / Washington

130. Velus Jones / WR / Tennessee

168. Cam Jurgens / C / Nebraska

185. Tariq Castro-Fields / CB / Penn St. 

193. Vederian Lowe / OT / Illinois   (package 203&231 to move up)

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Absolutely no way Thibs falls that far.
  • Ditto for Willis, teams will be trading up for him -- Pickett WAY too high.
  • More of a nit, but hard to see PHI taking a WR that they may not get much out of this year, given their track record with #1 WRs...
  • VERY okay with the Zion pick, but feels like there's about 8 "right" picks there...

I think that Zion Johnson is a fine player and G is a big need, but compared to CB, G is not a premium position.  In my opinion, they MUST have a viable starter at corner opposite Jackson (who is not an athletic prototype for the position) in case Tre White misses the first month or two of the season.  A 2nd or 3rd round pick from a lower level of competition does not make me confident that they won’t be starting Jackson (a 7th round pick) and a major stop gap for the first 1/2 season.

23 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

No CB before Round 3. No WR before Round 4. No RB at all. 

Do not like. 

How the hell could anyone say no CB before round three? We have one CBand he is best as a bench player. Tre ain’t due back until Thanksgiving…. We lost to the chefs because we had no corners!

We need corners and Guards….

5 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

How the hell could anyone say no CB before round three? We have one CBand he is best as a bench player. Tre ain’t due back until Thanksgiving…. We lost to the chefs because we had no corners!

We need corners and Guards….

Think you're misunderstanding me. I'm saying in this mock, we didn't take a CB before Round 3. I agree - we absolutely need one in Round 1, Round 2 at the absolute latest.

24 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Bills have a ton of RBs.

Devin Singletary, Duke Johnson, and Zack Moss are not a TON of RB's. Especially when you consider what Duke and Moss bring to the table. Personally, I feel Duke and Moss should be a competition for #3 - one stays, one goes. I'm not for taking a RB in Round 1. But we have to take one at some point.

We can't go in to next season with the same backfield minus Breida, plus Duke. That's a wash and we need more from that position, especially the 2 spot.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Think you're misunderstanding me. I'm saying in this mock, we didn't take a CB before Round 3. I agree - we absolutely need one in Round 1, Round 2 at the absolute latest.

Devin Singletary, Duke Johnson, and Zack Moss are not a TON of RB's. Especially when you consider what Duke and Moss bring to the table. Personally, I feel Duke and Moss should be a competition for #3 - one stays, one goes. I'm not for taking a RB in Round 1. But we have to take one at some point.

We can't go in to next season with the same backfield minus Breida, plus Duke. That's a wash and we need more from that position, especially the 2 spot.

Sure we can. Bills are not drafting a RB  until 5th if at all. CB x 2  in first 4 rounds along with OG WR or swing OT. 

13 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Don't forget our best RB Josh Allen, we have Josh and SIngletary as our 2 best.

4 hours ago, H2o said:

It's that time of the year again where I take a crack at this thing. We made some nice moves to fill some gaps on the defensive front early in FA. There are still holes and depth to be added though. In the rest of the NFL, there has been some serious moving and shaking going on. Draft picks flying around all over the place and FA signings that change the landscape of the 1st Round. Here we go. 

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Evan Neal / OT / Alabama - I know they tagged Cam Robinson, but the OL was a real weakness for them last year. I wouldn't be surprised is Cam is flipped to RT or even kicked inside to play LG. Neal would be a cornerstone at Trevor's blindside for the next decade. Hutchinson is a wildcard here, but I think Jax does what they feel will help their 2nd year QB the most. 

2. Detroit Lions - Aidan Hutchinson / DE / Michigan - The Michigan kid falls right into their laps at #2. Hutchinson is as clean a prospect as you will find and has Bosa-like potential. Detroit doesn't overthink the situation and takes the guy whom many feel is the best player in the draft. 

3. Houston Texans - Travon Walker / DE / Georgia - Houston could go OL here, but I think they go for a guy they expect to make an immediate impact on defense. Walker was part of one of the most outstanding and deep defenses the NCAA has ever seen. They had a heavy rotation up front because there was so much talent. Walker then goes to the Combine and put his athleticism on full display with a 4.51 40yd Dash and a 6.89 3-Cone Drill @ 272lbs. He also has 35-1/2" arms to go with that 6'5" frame and that 9.98 RAS, which is insane. Houston takes their swing at an elite edge prospect here. 

4. New York Jets - Jermaine Johnson II / DE / Florida St. - Do the Jets have other needs? Yes. Could they address one of those other needs here? Yes, but I think Saleh can't resist this move. They have Lawson coming back from injury, but Johnson is the type of player Saleh covets. Johnson also was another Georgia kid who transferred due to the heavy rotation. He definitely showed what he could do with more reps this last season notching 17 TFL's and 11.5 sacks. He also ran a 4.58 40yd dash with a 1.55 10yd split. He has plenty of get-off at the snap. He and Lawson could be an outstanding duo if Lawson returns to pre-injury form. 

5. New York Giants - Charles Cross / OT / Miss. St. - We all know what Daboll wants to do on offense. Pass, pass, pass, and pass some more. Cross is very athletic and comes from the Air-Raid Mike Leach offense where he pass blocked 90% of the time. He's shown great improvement the last couple of years and has really quick feet. I think Shoen/Daboll get a guy here they feel will keep Jones upright and be able to get out in front of Barkley in the screen game. 

6. Carolina Panthers - Kenny Pickett / QB / Pitt - Do I personally think this is too high for Pickett? Yes, but we see it every year with QB's. Carolina has a need at the position and takes another swing here. Pickett, tiny hands and all, was excellent this year throwing for 42 TD's and only 7 INT's. He's smart, mobile, and accurate. Carolina needs someone to run their offense and hope they've found their guy here. 

7. New York Giants (via Chicago) - Ahmad Gardner / CB / Cincinnati - Gardner is as elite a prospect as you will find at the position. He did not give up a single TD throughout his entire college career. He has the size, length, intelligence, and speed you covet at the CB position. He's also one of the most high character young men in this draft. He will instantly be their CB1 on that defense. 

8. Atlanta Falcons - Garrett Wilson / WR / Ohio St. - The Flacons just blew up their season by chasing Deshaun Watson. Now they've had to trade Matt Ryan and are rolling with Mariota at QB. They are also looking at another year without Calvin Ridley. Who tf is Mariota supposed to throw the ball to? The cupboard is pretty bare outside of Patterson and Pitts. Wilson is a silky smooth WR with outstanding body control, good ball skills, and he's a threat to take any catch to the house. Atlanta needs this. 

9. Seattle Seahawks - Kayvon Thibodeaux / DE / Oregon - No one would have expected Thibodeaux to last this long a couple months ago, but the attitude and work ethic concerns drop him here. Yeah, he ran a 4.58 40 and did 27 bench reps, but then opted out of the on field drills because he was "tired" and it "had been a long day." It was just the same for him as it was everyone else there, but they went through the workout. Seattle has never shied away from such things and also released Carlos Dunlap so this pick makes sense for them from a football standpoint. 

10. New York Jets (via Seattle) - Kyle Hamilton / S / Notre Dame - Saleh continues to mold this defense after the image he wants it to be. They get Jermaine Johnson II at #4 and then get another elite defensive talent @ #10. Hamilton can play either Safety position, has excellent ball skills, good speed, and is a sure tackler. He could be a real difference maker on the back end of that defense. 

11. Washington Commanders - Ikem Ekwonu / OT / North Carolina St. - Ekwonu is an excellent run blocker and has good athleticism. The work left to be done is in the Pass Pro aspects of his game. Still, he is one of the top 3 OT prospects in this draft and Washington definitely needs help on that front. Pencil in Ekwonu as a day 1 starter. 

12. Minnesota Vikings - Derek Stingley / CB / LSU - Stingley was looking like a possible top 5 prospect after his Freshman year at LSU where he posted 6 INT's. He's also had the benefit of practicing against two of the better WR's in the NFL at this point in time while in college, Jamaar Chase and Justin Jefferson. There are reports of those practice battles saying Stingley could hang with both of them as a 18 year old Freshman. Injuries and time off effected his play, but there is no doubt the talent and ability is there. The Vikings get an elite prospect at the position and also get younger as well. 

13. Houston Texans (via Cleveland) - Drake London / WR / USC - Drake London has a bit of Mike Evans to his game. He's not a burner, but he knows how to use his body and is a huge target with some deceptive wheels. Not fast, but fast enough to sneak up on you. If the Texans are truly going with Davis Mills then they need to get him some weapons. This is a good start. 

14. Baltimore Ravens - Tyler Linderbaum / C / Iowa - A Center at #14 to the Ravens? Yep. Did you see the protection for Lamar Jackson last year? He didn't stand a chance. Linderbaum can play either C or G in this offense, depending on what they want to do with Trystan Colon-Castillo, and be a top level contributor. I also think this offense suits him because of Roman's style and Linderbaum's natural athleticism. 

15. Philadelphia Eagles (via Miami) - Devin Lloyd / LB / Utah - Devin Lloyd will immediately step in as the "QB" of this defense. He's a true 3-down LB who plays the run, can cover TE's, can rush the passer, is smart, and is a good tackler. Philly gets a massive upgrade here.

16. Philadelphia Eagles (via Indy) - Jameson Williams / WR / Alabama - Here Philly goes to the Alabama well again for a WR. Reagor has been a huge disappointment and they need a running mate for Smith. Williams will be that guy who can take the lid off of the defense and any catch he gets his hands on to the house. He may not be ready in week1, but the Eagles are thinking long term with this selection. It's another good pick for the Eagles.

17. LA Chargers - Trevor Penning / OT / Northern Iowa - Talk about an embarrassment of riches. The Chargers have killed the pre-draft part of the offseason. They traded for Khalil Mack, signed JC Jackson, and Sebastian Joseph-Day. That defense is going to be scary. Now they look to further shoring up the OL for Herbert. Last year they got their LT in Rashawn Slater. This year they get their RT in Trevor Penning. Penning has that toughness and demeanor you look for in an OL'man, as well as the talent to go along with it. God help anyone who touches his QB for any reason because he will find you on the field at some point. 

18. New Orleans Saints - Chris Olave / WR / Ohio St. - The Saints have numerous needs on offense, but WR is definitely one of the more glaring. Olave is a great route runner, has excellent ball skills, has speed, and separates easily from anyone trying to cover him. This will be an immediate upgrade for their offense and much appreciated by whomever the QB ends up being. 

19. Philadelphia Eagles - George Karlaftis / DE / Purdue - With Ojabo tearing his achilles tendon at the Michigan Pro Day, Karlaftis slides into this spot. He doesn't really have the quick twitch or bend that some of the other prospects at the position have in this draft. But he's extremely powerful, uses his hands well, has a quick first step, and finishes when he gets an angle on whoever has the ball. This is the Eagles 3rd solid pick of the 1st Round. 

20. Pittsburgh Steelers - Trent McDuffie / CB / Washington - McDuffie is not the biggest CB in the draft, but he's smart, stout in run support, quick, fluid, and is basically never out of position. I know they just signed Levi Wallace, but McDuffie will be able to make an immediate impact in the Slot if nothing else and have his role expanded as time goes along. 

21. New England Patriots - Treylon Burks / WR / Arkansas - I hate to do this, I mean I REALLY hate to do this, but it makes too much sense. The Pats have basically nothing at WR. Harry is a bust. Burks is big, fast, physical, and can be used in many ways on offense. NE gets Mac Jones a true weapon for their offense with this pick. 

22. Green Bay Packers (via LV) - Jahan Dotson / WR / Penn St. - Everyone saw what Green Bay just did. They traded, arguably, the best WR in the NFL. They in turn use that pick received from LV on a WR. Dotson has speed, is a solid route runner, and is quick in/out of his breaks. Rodgers is going to need people to throw the ball to and Lazard as a #1 makes everyone else in the NFL laugh. 

23. Arizona Cardinals - Devonte Wyatt / DT / Georgia - The JJ Watt experience ended in injury in 2021, except he returned for the Playoffs after missing almost 3 months. Surprise, surprise. He can't be depended on. Arizona makes a move for a kid who can learn under Watt, is as gifted as they come, and is the future on that DL. 

24. Dallas Cowboys - Jordan Davis / DT / Georgia - Aaaaand here's the 2nd Georgia DT off of the board. Jerry Jones surely isn't going to pass up a 6'6" 341lb man who tested athletically the way he did. You put him and Demarcus Lawrence side-by-side and that means trouble for opposing OL's. I actually think Davis will be a better Pro because he will see more reps than in college. Dallas gets a great prospect here. 

25. Buffalo Bills - Zion Johnson / IOL / Boston College - The Bills aren't really drafting for need here imo, but further using picks to sure up the trenches in this instance. Johnson had a great Senior Bowl week matched up against elite competition and then had a Combine where he posted a 9.55 RAS. He fits the athletic profile of what we are looking to do now, seen in his on-the-field drills at the Combine, and has the versatility to play every interior position on the OL. It's not a flashy pick, but it's a solid, protecting your Franchise QB for the future pick. 

26. Tennessee Titans - Nakobe Dean / LB / Georgia - This is a Vrabel pick right here. The Titans let Jayon Brown walk in FA and now they're bringing in one of the top LB's in this class. Dean came up huge for Georgia this year. He had 72 tackles, 10 tfl's, 6 sacks, 5 pd's, and 2 INT's. He is a sideline to sideline LB who will play well in any defensive alignment. He reminds me a lot of Lavonte David coming out of Nebraska. 

27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Kenyon Green / G / Texas A&M - The Bucs were shocked at the sudden retirement of Ali Marpet. Not only is this possibly BPA, but it's also filling a need at the same time. Green is a powerful blocker who is a scheme fit for that offense as well. He'll be a day 1 starter along that OL for Tampa. 

28. Green Bay Packers - Boye Mafe / DE / Minnesota - The Packers just had to let go of Za'Darius Smith for cap purposes. Here, after taking a WR with their first 1st, they take the most talented EDGE on the board to replace Smith. He absolutely killed all of the athletic testing at the combine running a 4.53 40 with a 1.6 10yd split, a vertical of 38", and a 10'5" broad jump at 6'4" and 261lbs. He posted a total RAS of 9.88 when it was all said and done. Only Travon Walker of Georgia was better. 

29. Kansas City Chiefs (via Miami) - Skyy Moore / WR / Western Michigan - This is a move of desperation as I believe there are better players on the board and that Moore is a Day 2 prospect. He is a quality prospect though, but this pick is made because there is a huge hole left in that offense without Tyreke Hill. He is not in the same mold as Hill, but he has good speed, is a good route runner, and has excellent hands. 

30. Kansas City Chiefs - Kaiir Elam / CB / Florida - The Chiefs are cap strapped and have holes to fill, especially on defense. Here they take a talented CB with speed and the athletic ability you look for after taking a WR @ 29. He'll have to watch his hand usage in the NFL because he gets a little grabby at times, but that just means he'll fit right on in with that group over there. He's a really nice prospect for the Chiefs to get here still.  

31. Cincinnati Bengals - Bernhard Raimann / OT / Central Michigan - The shoring up around Joe Burrow continues. Raimann is an athletic OT who is really gifted as a run blocker, but needs work on his pass sets. He projects as a LT in the NFL, but will be able to contribute wherever they choose to use him and slide in at LT should they choose.  

32. Detroit Lions (via LA Rams) - Malik Willis / QB / Liberty - The Lions get Aidan Hutchinson with their pick at #2 and then get whom they hope is the QB of the future at #32. Willis is athletically gifted, but the level of competition is about to take a MASSIVE leap for the young man. He definitely helped himself in the on field drills at the Combine making some beautiful throws out there. His tape is pretty good as well, but it's playing for Liberty. Imo, he's a slower version of Lamar Jackson at this point. We'll see if he can make a similar impact. 

Well, that's a wrap on Round 1. All of these are just for fun and speculation, but flame away if you feel the need my friends. :thumbsup: 

Bills Remaining Picks

If Kyler Gordon gets to #90 without an injury / off field concern, I will post a photo of my bare backside on TBD. 

He is better than McDuffie. Book it.

As for the draft itself, I can see a lot of it... but no way in hell Malik gets to #32.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Sure we can. Bills are not drafting a RB  until 5th if at all. CB x 2  in first 4 rounds along with OG WR or swing OT. 

This mock doesn't have "CB x2 in the first 4 rounds". It has one taken in Round 3 and one in Round 6. We have a hole at CB2 and Tre White won't be ready to go Week 1. We can't afford anyone of substance in FA or Trade.

Right now we're sitting with Dane Jackson at CB1, Cam Lewis at CB2, and Taron Johnson at the slot to start the season and you're cool waiting until Round 3 at CB? 

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

This mock doesn't have "CB x2 in the first 4 rounds". It has one taken in Round 3 and one in Round 6. We have a hole at CB2 and Tre White won't be ready to go Week 1. We can't afford anyone of substance in FA or Trade.

Right now we're sitting with Dane Jackson at CB1, Cam Lewis at CB2, and Taron Johnson at the slot to start the season and you're cool waiting until Round 3 at CB? 

Yes I’m aware the mock does not have that. However, it’s what the Bills need to do. I’m agreeing with you. Take a cb in rounds 1 and 4. OG, WR, or swing tackle in rounds 2 and 3. No running back early. 

5 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Yes I’m aware the mock does not have that. However, it’s what the Bills need to do. I’m agreeing with you. Take a cb in rounds 1 and 4. OG, WR, or swing tackle in rounds 2 and 3. No running back early. 

I'm not advocating a RB before Round 3 at the earliest. But not taking one at any point in the Draft is a mistake. They targeted JD McKissic early in FA at 2 years, 7 million. So they are looking to upgrade the complimentary position to Singletary with someone who provides more in the Receiving game. And I don't think Duke on a 1 year deal worth 1 million is anything more than competition with Moss as RB3.

1 minute ago, GolfandBills said:

I’d be shocked with OL, LB first two picks.  Don’t see it happening 

Wouldn’t be shocked at OL in first, but would be if the player is a G only.  A guy who could compete with Spencer Brown at RT and could slide in to G would be on the radar, in my opinion.  Still, hard to imagine leaving round 1 without a corner unless they plan to trade way up in round 2.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm not advocating a RB before Round 3 at the earliest. But not taking one at any point in the Draft is a mistake. They targeted JD McKissic early in FA at 2 years, 7 million. So they are looking to upgrade the complimentary position to Singletary with someone who provides more in the Receiving game. And I don't think Duke on a 1 year deal worth 1 million is anything more than competition with Moss as RB3.

Duke is 28 and has thrived in 3rd down role. I think we are set and imho think anything before round 6 at RB is unlikely. But appreciate your thoughts. I’ll be first to give you props if Bills go that way. 

Kyler Gordon in round THREE!!  lol

Jurgens in 5??

castro-fields in 6.  

If we got those 3 guys in those 3 rounds, I’d be happy with our draft even if we traded up from Breece Hall

Edited by NewEra

I like the round 1 pick. I like Muma but not for the Bills in Rd2.

I read a lot of stuff about Gordon but he had that terrible combine albeit working out with a sickness reportedly.

I feel like the 5 cbs I like could be gone before the Bills pick. So although it’s a need I would wait until the third for Cam Taylor-Britt whom Joe Marino loves. He had good numbers. Then with the plethora of late picks take a guy like Kalon Barnes with his 4.25 speed as a late developmental flier.

Edited by Seoulofstone
  • Vomit 1

17 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Duke is 28 and has thrived in 3rd down role. I think we are set and imho think anything before round 6 at RB is unlikely. But appreciate your thoughts. I’ll be first to give you props if Bills go that way. 

They don't like me on the Breece Hall thread - but they'd REALLY dislike you 😆

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, H2o said:

Bills Remaining Picks

The Chad Muna in the 2nd round is interesting.  He IS a beast......

I like Zion Johnson

I just dont feel like we have done enough at corner but I would feel differently if they still got a quality vet before the draft.  Kyler Gordon is a kid you could bring along but would not want him starting immediately.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Aidan Hutchinson / DE / Michigan - Hutchinson had an excellent Combine, by all accounts interviews well, and the Jags recently had him in for a private workout. He's is probably one of the safest picks in this draft. He works hard on and off the field, has all of the tools you look for in an elite edge rusher, and he leads by example. He and Josh Allen will make great bookends on the defensive side of the ball. ***Previously Evan Neal / OT / Alabama***

2. Detroit Lions - Travon Walker / DE / Georgia - Detroit was hoping for Hutchinson here, but the Jags snagged him at #1. Walker was part of one of the most outstanding and deep defenses the NCAA has ever seen. They had a heavy rotation up front because there was so much talent. Walker then goes to the Combine and put his athleticism on full display with a 4.51 40yd Dash and a 6.89 3-Cone Drill @ 272lbs. He also has 35-1/2" arms to go with that 6'5" frame and that 9.98 RAS, which is insane. I know Malik Willis is a fun guy to throw in here, but Goff wasn't bad enough for them to pass on what they feel is a top tier pass rushing talent. ***Previously Aidan Hutchinson / DE / Michigan***

3. Houston Texans - Ahmad Gardner / CB / Cincinnati - Lovie Smith was just saying in an interview the other day that his team cannot play the defense they want until they get the type of CB's they need. Gardner is as elite a prospect as you will find at the position. He did not give up a single TD throughout his entire college career. He has the size, length, intelligence, and speed you covet at the CB position. He's also one of the most high character young men in this draft. He will instantly be their CB1 on that defense. ***Previously Travon Walker / DE / Georgia***

4. New York Jets - Jermaine Johnson II / DE / Florida St. - Do the Jets have other needs? Yes. Could they address one of those other needs here? Yes, but I think Saleh can't resist this move. They have Lawson coming back from injury, but Johnson is the type of player Saleh covets. Johnson also was another Georgia kid who transferred due to the heavy rotation. He definitely showed what he could do with more reps this last season notching 17 TFL's and 11.5 sacks. He also ran a 4.58 40yd dash with a 1.55 10yd split. He has plenty of get-off at the snap. He and Lawson could be an outstanding duo if Lawson returns to pre-injury form. ***No Change***

5. New York Giants - Charles Cross / OT / Miss. St. - We all know what Daboll wants to do on offense. Pass, pass, pass, and pass some more. Cross is very athletic and comes from the Air-Raid Mike Leach offense where he pass blocked 90% of the time. He's shown great improvement the last couple of years and has really quick feet. I think Shoen/Daboll get a guy here they feel will keep Jones upright and be able to get out in front of Barkley in the screen game. ***No Change***

6. Carolina Panthers - Malik Willis / QB / Liberty - Matt Rhule likes a mobile QB with the offense he runs. You saw it at Temple and you saw it at Baylor. Willis fits the mold and they have had multiple meetings with him. Willis reminds me of a slower Lamar Jackson, but put on a nice display throwing the football at the Combine and has some decent film at a smaller school in Liberty. Rhule gets what he considers "his guy" here. ***Previously Kenny Pickett / QB / Pitt*** 

7. New York Giants (via Chicago) - Kayvon Thibodeaux / DE / Oregon - The Giants get a cornerstone at OT @ #5, then get a cornerstone at DE @ #7. Thibodeaux has some work ethic questions, but the talent is easy to see. He has good twitch and closing burst when getting after the QB. The Giants hope he can be their new Terrell Suggs in that Wink Martindale defense. ***Previously Ahmad Gardner / CB / Cincinnati***

8. Atlanta Falcons - Garrett Wilson / WR / Ohio St. - The Flacons just blew up their season by chasing Deshaun Watson. Now they've had to trade Matt Ryan and are rolling with Mariota at QB. They are also looking at another year without Calvin Ridley. Who tf is Mariota supposed to throw the ball to? The cupboard is pretty bare outside of Patterson and Pitts. The rest of the WR group sucks. Wilson is a silky smooth WR with outstanding body control, good ball skills, and he's a threat to take any catch to the house. Atlanta needs this. ***No Change***

9. Seattle Seahawks (via Denver) - Evan Neal / OT / Alabama - If they are going to give Drew Lock a legitimate shot at QB, then they are going to need to keep him upright. Duane Brown has not been resigned, plus he's almost 37. They get one of the top tier OL prospects in this draft @ #9 to start the rebuild.  ***Previously Kayvon Thibodeaux / DE / Oregon***

10. New York Jets (via Seattle) - Kyle Hamilton / S / Notre Dame - Saleh continues to mold this defense after the image he wants it to be. They get Jermaine Johnson II at #4 and then get another elite defensive talent @ #10. Hamilton can play either Safety position, has excellent ball skills, good speed, and is a sure tackler. He could be a real difference maker on the back end of that defense. ***No Change***

11. Washington Commanders - Ikem Ekwonu / OT / North Carolina St. - Ekwonu is an excellent run blocker and has good athleticism. The work left to be done is in the Pass Pro aspects of his game. Still, he is one of the top 3 OT prospects in this draft and Washington definitely needs help on that front. Pencil in Ekwonu as a day 1 starter. ***No Change***

12. Minnesota Vikings - Derek Stingley / CB / LSU - Stingley was looking like a possible top 5 prospect after his Freshman year at LSU where he posted 6 INT's. He's also had the benefit of practicing against two of the better WR's in the NFL at this point in time while in college, Jamaar Chase and Justin Jefferson. There are reports of those practice battles saying Stingley could hang with both of them as a 18 year old Freshman. Injuries and time off effected his play, but there is no doubt the talent and ability is there. The Vikings get an elite prospect at the position and also get younger as well. ***No Change***

13. Houston Texans (via Cleveland) - Drake London / WR / USC - Drake London has a bit of Mike Evans to his game. He's not a burner, but he knows how to use his body and is a huge target with some deceptive wheels. Not fast, but fast enough to sneak up on you. If the Texans are truly going with Davis Mills then they need to get him some weapons. I think he will mash well with Brandon Cooks on the other side. This is a good start. ***No Change***

14. Baltimore Ravens - Trevor Penning / OT / Northern Iowa - The Ravens OL was a huge weakness last year. Penning just also feels like a Ravens pick to me here. He is the meanest OL prospect in this entire draft and Lamar Jackson will LOVE this guy. You have to protect your Franchise QB and this goes a long way towards that. ***Previously Tyler Linderbaum / C / Iowa***

15. Philadelphia Eagles (via Miami) - Devin Lloyd / LB / Utah - Devin Lloyd will immediately step in as the "QB" of this defense. He's a true 3-down LB who plays the run, can cover TE's, can rush the passer, is smart, and is a good tackler. Philly gets a massive upgrade here. ***No Change***

16. New Orleans Saints (via Indy, via Philly) - Kenny Pickett / QB / Pitt - Jameis is back on a 2 year $28M deal, which is basically high end backup $$$ at this point. New Orleans didn't really expect Pickett to fall to them, but here he is. Pickett has the highest floor of any of this year's QB class. He's smart, throws the ball well, and understands defenses. Now they get competition for Winston this year and a player they hope can be "their guy" in the future. ***New Pick***

17. LA Chargers - Jordan Davis / DT / Georgia - Jordan Davis is a freak of nature. A 6'6", 340lb man who boasts a 4.78 40 and a 32" vertical. That's crazy. He was completely underutilized in a pass rushing capacity at Georgia, but he does have some tools in the bag for a big guy. Watch the Chargers grab him here and line him up as a monstrous 5-Tech in that defense Staley wants to run. Can you imagine having the trio of Davis, Bosa, and Mack coming at you on every snap as a QB? It's a scary thought. ***Previously Trevor Penning / OT / Northern Iowa***

18. Philadelphia Eagles - George Karlaftis / DE / Purdue - With Ojabo tearing his achilles tendon at the Michigan Pro Day, Karlaftis slides into this spot. He doesn't really have the quick twitch or bend that some of the other prospects at the position have in this draft. But he's extremely powerful, uses his hands well, has a quick first step, and finishes when he gets an angle on whoever has the ball. Karlaftis is also the only prospect Philly has had multiple meetings with to this point. ***No Change, but previously #19*** 

19. New Orleans Saints - Chris Olave / WR / Ohio St. - The Saints have numerous needs on offense, but WR is definitely one of the more glaring. Olave is a great route runner, has excellent ball skills, has speed, and separates easily from anyone trying to cover him. This will be an immediate upgrade for their offense and much appreciated by whomever the QB ends up being. ***No Change, but previously #18***

20. Pittsburgh Steelers - Matt Corral / QB / Ole Miss - Yeah, they signed Mitch. I'm sure many of us are rooting for the guy personally, but the Steelers have met with pretty much every 1st and 2nd day QB twice. They are going to pull the trigger on one at some point and I think it happens here. A dual threat QB who threw for over 3,300 yards, rushed for over 600 yards, and had 30+ total TD's. He also boasted a 68% completion percentage against SEC competition. Pittsburgh takes their swing on Ben's replacement here.   ***Previously Trent McDuffie / CB / Washington***

21. New England Patriots - Jameson Williams / WR / Alabama - I hate giving them this pick more than originally Treylon Burks. The door opened up for NE to grab a WR with legit #1 potential though, so of course they pounced. He could take any of those 15 yard Mac Jones passes to the house.  ***Previously Treylon Burks / WR / Arkansas***

22. Green Bay Packers (via LV) - Treylon Burks / WR / Arkansas. - Everyone saw what Green Bay did. They traded, arguably, the best WR in the NFL. They in turn use that pick received from LV on a WR. I've seen a Burks comp of AJ Brown in Tennessee. If you watch their playing style it seems about dead on. The loss of Adams will be huge, but Burks gives Rodgers a rookie target to hopefully soften that blow. A big bodied WR, with good speed, and is able to get those 50/50 balls. He's also the only prospect who has had multiple meetings with the Pack at this time. ***Previously Jahan Dotson / WR / Penn St.***

23. Arizona Cardinals - Jahan Dotson / WR / Penn St. - Dotson is almost in the same exact mold as Christian Kirk, whom they just lost in FA. They take Dotson here to team up with Hopkins and give Murray another weapon who can make an instant impact.  ***Previously Devonte Wyatt / DT / Georgia***

24. Dallas Cowboys - Devonte Wyatt / DT / Georgia - Aaaaand here's the 2nd Georgia DT off of the board. Dallas has never shied away from players with a couple of off-the-field concerns. Wyatt's potential outweighs the risk here for Jerruh and they pull the trigger. ***Previously Jordan Davis / DT / Georgia***

25. Buffalo Bills - Andrew Booth / CB / Clemson - This is how the board falls to Buffalo and they grab the guy who can, at the least, be their #2 CB for the immediate future. Watching that Cover 1 breakdown of his skillset shows you how he would fit perfectly into this defensive unit. Beane and McDermott pull the trigger on CB here. ***Previously Zion Johnson / G / Boston College***

26. Tennessee Titans - Nakobe Dean / LB / Georgia - This is a Vrabel pick right here. The Titans let Jayon Brown walk in FA and now they're bringing in one of the top LB's in this class. Dean came up huge for Georgia this year. He had 72 tackles, 10 tfl's, 6 sacks, 5 pd's, and 2 INT's. He is a sideline to sideline LB who will play well in any defensive alignment. He reminds me a lot of Lavonte David coming out of Nebraska. ***No Change***

27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Zion Johnson / G / Boston College - The Bucs were shocked at the sudden retirement of Ali Marpet. Now they have some holes to fill on the OL. It's a quality get for Tampa here @ #27. He'll be a day 1 starter along that OL for Tampa. ***Previously Kenyon Green / G / Texas A&M***

28. Green Bay Packers - Christian Watson / WR / North Dakota St. - After not drafting a WR in the 1st Round since Javon Walker in 2002, the Packers double up this year. They get the big bodied, do everything WR with their first pick in the 1st. Then they come back and get their stretch the field WR with their second 1st Round pick. Some will say the Packers would never do this, but both WR's fit the mold of what they lost in Adams in Valdes-Scantling. ***Previously Boye Mafe / DE / Minnesota***

29. Kansas City Chiefs (via San Fran, via Miami) - Boye Mafe / DE / Minnesota - The Chiefs have not re-signed Melvin Ingram and Frank Clark's production has decreased every year since 2018. Mafe posted a monster RAS of 9.88 at 6'3" and 255lbs. A 4.53 40, 1.6 10 yard split, a 38" vertical, and he looked good in the drills.  ***Previously Skyy Moore / WR / Western Michigan***

30. Kansas City Chiefs - Kaiir Elam / CB / Florida - The Chiefs are cap strapped and have holes to fill, especially on defense. After adding a pass rusher @ #29, they take a CB here because they don't want to reach for a WR, and they have 6 more picks between the 2nd and 4th Rounds. He'll have to watch his hand usage in the NFL because he gets a little grabby at times, but that just means he'll fit right on in with that group over there. He's a really nice prospect for the Chiefs to get here still. ***No Change***

31. Cincinnati Bengals - Kenyon Green / G / Texas A&M - The shoring up around Joe Burrow continues. With the signing of La'el Collins the Bengals continue to make moves to sure up the interior of that OL. Green is a powerful blocker who would be an upgrade over Jackson Carman on the left side imo. That LG spot was a thorn in their side last year between Carman and Spain. Here is Cincy continuiing to right the ship. ***Previously Bernhard Raimann / OT / Central Michigan***

32. Detroit Lions (via LA Rams) - Trent McDuffie / CB / Washington - Both Okudah and Oruwariye are suspect as starting CB's. The Lions look to upgrade that unit here with a scrappy CB who, if nothing else, could end up being an elite Slot CB or an upgrade on the outside in general. ***Previously Malik Willis / QB / Liberty***

Here is the 2nd crack at it. Flame away if you feel the need my friends.  

Bills Remaining Picks

57. Tre McBride / TE / Colorado St.

90. Nick Cross / S / Maryland

130. D'Marco Jackson / LB / Appalachian St. 

168. Cam Jurgens / C-G / Nebraska

185. Tyquan Thornton / WR / Baylor

193. Max Borghi / RB / Washington St. (Move 203+231)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• H2o changed the title to Round 1 Mock Draft - Bills Complete (2.0 on Page 2)
On 3/24/2022 at 6:56 PM, Seoulofstone said:

I like the round 1 pick. I like Muma but not for the Bills in Rd2.

I read a lot of stuff about Gordon but he had that terrible combine albeit working out with a sickness reportedly.

I feel like the 5 cbs I like could be gone before the Bills pick. So although it’s a need I would wait until the third for Cam Taylor-Britt whom Joe Marino loves. He had good numbers. Then with the plethora of late picks take a guy like Kalon Barnes with his 4.25 speed as a late developmental flier.

I think terrible is overstating a 4.52 40 yard dash.  A 39.5” vert and 10’8” broad albeit at pro day show he has explosiveness.

@H2o my unsolicited feedback:

• Thibideaux's issues are not work ethic. They're "this guy has the gall to talk about something other than football *gasp*" that's literally it. It's silly, and I feel like it's a smokescreen to try to get him to fall, whether it's true or not, we'll find out soon. VERY hard to see him going after Johnson.
  • Can't see the Pathers taking Willis. He's the best prospect but they need to win now. I think they're a prime candidate to trade back -- they only have 1 pick in the top 3 rounds and Pickett, the most NFL ready QB is not a threat to be taken by anyone until you reach the mid-teens. I know you weren't projecting trades, but Willis feels like a square peg here.
  • Cross as the first OT off the board is 🤯 he's talented but hard to see that happening. Fun twist though!
  • I have Karlaftis an entire round later than you do, limited ceiling player
  • Minor quibbles with your order of WRs, but nothing I'll fight you over

Other than that, really nice job and definitely like Booth falling to us! :) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Good job @H2o. I agree with @glazeduck on Willis. I just don't think the Panthers are going Quarterback and I think that comes from Pepper. To me Rhule is a dead man walking and they are not going to give him a say in the face of the franchise. 

I love Charles Cross as the 1st tackle. I have him as OT1. I think Evan Neal being ahead of him is like Andrew Thomas being OT1 ahead of Tristan Wirfs all over again. The NFL was wrong about that. I think they are wrong if Neal goes before Cross too.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Good job @H2o. I agree with @glazeduck on Willis. I just don't think the Panthers are going Quarterback and I think that comes from Pepper. To me Rhule is a dead man walking and they are not going to give him a say in the face of the franchise. 

I love Charles Cross as the 1st tackle. I have him as OT1. I think Evan Neal being ahead of him is like Andrew Thomas being OT1 ahead of Tristan Wirfs all over again. The NFL was wrong about that. I think they are wrong if Neal goes before Cross too.

I like Cross a lot. And maybe under Daboll the Giants pivot to the route of airing it out like we've done with Josh, but I think it's a tough fit when your best skill player is your RB. To your point on Andrew Thomas, he's a "run the ball" draft pick, obviously a new regime so the philosophy could absolutely change, but I think I see Icky as being a better, more well-rounded fit to the Giants. But yes, as a prospect in general, I like Cross a lot too. 

On the Panthers, hard to see them just shutting it down for a year and also not getting whatever value they can out of trading McCaffrey. Rhule may be a dead man walking in the sense that he won't succeed and will eventually get fired, but hanging onto CmC and also not drafting a QB and also not firing their coach and wiping the slate clean... feels like purgatory to me...

55 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

@H2o my unsolicited feedback:

• Thibideaux's issues are not work ethic. They're "this guy has the gall to talk about something other than football *gasp*" that's literally it. It's silly, and I feel like it's a smokescreen to try to get him to fall, whether it's true or not, we'll find out soon. VERY hard to see him going after Johnson.
  • Can't see the Pathers taking Willis. He's the best prospect but they need to win now. I think they're a prime candidate to trade back -- they only have 1 pick in the top 3 rounds and Pickett, the most NFL ready QB is not a threat to be taken by anyone until you reach the mid-teens. I know you weren't projecting trades, but Willis feels like a square peg here.
  • Cross as the first OT off the board is 🤯 he's talented but hard to see that happening. Fun twist though!
  • I have Karlaftis an entire round later than you do, limited ceiling player
  • Minor quibbles with your order of WRs, but nothing I'll fight you over

Other than that, really nice job and definitely like Booth falling to us! :) 

When I say work ethic, I worded it wrong. What I am getting at is it being said he takes plays off. His on the field effort is not always consistent. Plus what he pulled at the Combine to me is a red flag, leaving before the drills while blaming it on being tired and it had been a long day. We'll see about the Panthers, but they are not going into the year with Cam and Darnold alone. I think Cross fits the new Giants mold more so than any other OT. Karlaftis I can understand. I'm basing it off the multiple visits and a few floating reports (true or not, who knows). I think many people have WR's all over, but this is just my best guess at how it works out. :thumbsup:

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, H2o said:

When I work ethic, I worded it wrong. What I am getting at is it being said he takes plays off. His on the field effort is not always consistent. Plus what he pulled at the Combine to me is a red flag, leaving before the drills while blaming it on being tired and it had been a long day. We'll see about the Panthers, but they are not going into the year with Cam and Darnold alone. I think Cross fits the new Giants mold more so than any other OT. Karlaftis I can understand. I'm basing it off the multiple visits and a few floating reports (true or not, who knows). I think many people have WR's all over, but this is just my best guess at how it works out. :thumbsup:

I'm very obviously biased, but the Thibideaux stuff absolutely floors me. The kid played hurt for a significant portion of his college career and was double and triple teamed on nearly every play, OF COURSE he took plays off. I'm not sure I've seen another player in person who was a more fiery and emotional leader, yet some how that all loses out in the 'narrative' part of the draft process to the guy having other interests and recognizing his business value early. It won't matter for us cuz there's no way we'll get him, but I think he's going to be the player we (the royal 'we', not me, specifically :D) look back on and ask "what were we doing ranking him that low?"  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/24/2022 at 6:11 PM, GunnerBill said:

If Kyler Gordon gets to #90 without an injury / off field concern, I will post a photo of my bare backside on TBD. 

He is better than McDuffie. Book it.

As for the draft itself, I can see a lot of it... but no way in hell Malik gets to #32.

Autographed pictures I presume, 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

I like Cross a lot. And maybe under Daboll the Giants pivot to the route of airing it out like we've done with Josh, but I think it's a tough fit when your best skill player is your RB. To your point on Andrew Thomas, he's a "run the ball" draft pick, obviously a new regime so the philosophy could absolutely change, but I think I see Icky as being a better, more well-rounded fit to the Giants. But yes, as a prospect in general, I like Cross a lot too. 

On the Panthers, hard to see them just shutting it down for a year and also not getting whatever value they can out of trading McCaffrey. Rhule may be a dead man walking in the sense that he won't succeed and will eventually get fired, but hanging onto CmC and also not drafting a QB and also not firing their coach and wiping the slate clean... feels like purgatory to me...

I can see Icky to the Giants as well. Personally I have Icky graded as a guard with tackle flex. I'd stick Icky at left guard and have a perennial all pro candidate for the next decade. I think he can play tackle but I think foot speed and fluidity of movement on the island is always going to cap his ceiling there a little bit for me. I wouldn't be against drafting him and starting him at tackle if I was Carolina who don't have a guy but if I did that I'd keep looking for a tackle and eventually want to get Icky in to LG.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.