Interesting Draft Strategy??

wagne591

I will keep this short

In round 1:  Jameson Williams WR Ala. We have enough depth now to draft him late in the first. He is a top 10 talent that we don't have to rush back and the way WR are getting paid now it would be nice to pair him with Josh for the next 5 years.  That will take Josh into the mid-late stages of his career.

In round 2:  Best CB available.  I still know we are going to sign a veteran CB at some point (Beane always does) but we still need youth there.

In round 3 or 4 draft: David Ojabo LB Michigan.  first round talent that tour his ACL today at proday.  Again we have enough depth and he would be in no hurry to return this year.  

I just have a feeling it is going to be hard for a draft pick later in the draft to make this team anyway so why not set us up for the next 4 to five years with the hurt guys.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, wagne591 said:

I will keep this short

In round 1:  Jameson Williams WR Ala. We have enough depth now to draft him late in the first. He is a top 10 talent that we don't have to rush back and the way WR are getting paid now it would be nice to pair him with Josh for the next 5 years.  That will take Josh into the mid-late stages of his career.

In round 2:  Best CB available.  I still know we are going to sign a veteran CB at some point (Beane always does) but we still need youth there.

In round 3 or 4 draft: David Ojabo LB Michigan.  first round talent that tour his ACL today at proday.  Again we have enough depth and he would be in no hurry to return this year.  

I just have a feeling it is going to be hard for a draft pick later in the draft to make this team anyway so why not set us up for the next 4 to five years with the hurt guys.

If we don’t sign sign a Vet CB before the draft Round 1 will probably be a CB.

Round 2 Seems like an ideal spot for someone like Breece Hall or KJ Walker.

We have only so many picks. It’s going to be tough for all of them to make the roster for how deep the bills are. I could see taking Ojabo and basically tucking him away for a year in IR. The bills do have some of the best medical and training facilities in sports 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, wagne591 said:

I will keep this short

I dont see Beane drafting a guy like Williams over Olave or Dotson.  He isnt significantly better a prospect than either.  Williams couldnt pass Olave at Ohio St.  Give me either without the rehab, more production and polish.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

I don't see Jameson being there. I also don't think we Draft a WR Round 1 after the signing of Jamison Crowder and Re-Signing Isaiah McKenzie. I think we take a Speed WR in the mid rounds to add to the core. Maybe a Tyquan Thornton.

In my mind? I think with the amount of work Beane has gotten done - I'm starting to seriously think he'll be trading up for either Sauce Gardner or Derek Stingley.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I dont see Beane drafting a guy like Williams over Olave or Dotson.  He isnt significantly better a prospect than either.  Williams couldnt pass Olave at Ohio St.  Give me either without the rehab, more production and polish.  

Man…I’ve been watching a lot of Jahan Dotson highlights lately and I think he might be my favorite WR in the draft.  He’s deceptively fast and explosive.  Great route runner.  Love the way he catches the ball.  Not the most physically imposing guy, but he’s going to be a problem in the NFL, IMHO.  I’d be thrilled with him at 25.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Man…I’ve been watching a lot of Jahan Dotson highlights lately and I think he might be my favorite WR in the draft.  He’s deceptively fast and explosive.  Great route runner.  Love the way he catches the ball.  Not the most physically imposing guy, but he’s going to be a problem in the NFL, IMHO.  I’d be thrilled with him at 25.

Love Dotson, but the Bills have nobody that is not injured who has proven that they can cover NFL receivers.

The Bills draft in a nutshell will be DB/LB heavy with some OL and a RB sprinkled in is my prediction.

For some reason, the team is supremely confident that we don't need a stud HB. I sure hope that they see someone in the draft to be that stud HB and take him. 

• Disagree 2

With how Beane emphasized the importance of the this years draft I think they may be aggressive early.  I could see a few trade ups.  If a cb they like starts to fall or a run on cb starts I think they will aggressively pursue a trade up.  Without the big qbs the price for trading up wont be as much imo.  

18 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I don't see Jameson being there. I also don't think we Draft a WR Round 1 after the signing of Jamison Crowder and Re-Signing Isaiah McKenzie. I think we take a Speed WR in the mid rounds to add to the core. Maybe a Tyquan Thornton.

In my mind? I think with the amount of work Beane has gotten done - I'm starting to seriously think he'll be trading up for either Sauce Gardner or Derek Stingley.

I think this is more likley.  The depth at wr is impressive a quality wr will be available in Rd 2.   Corner is the only hole on the roster.  Other places could be upgraded but not as wide open as cb. 

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, wagne591 said:

I will keep this short

i think if Roger McCreary, CB from Auburn is there at 25. We have to take him and count our blessings. 

then id hope for christian watson, WR from north dakota state in 2nd round

if we take Williams in the 1st round i wont be mad, but i feel WR is pretty deep where a really good WR can still be obtained in rds 2-3

• Like (+1) 1

I think its also important to note that unless we move up in the first round i dont see a WR taken at 25 beating Davis or Crowder. Diggs, Davis and Crowder are likely going to be 1-3 and Mckenzie is going to hopefully play a larger role in this offense. So right there those are 4 players that are likely going to get a lot of playtime. Its going to be tough for a late 1st rd WR to break in there unless there is an injury. 

thats why i feel its prob best to go with CB in the first - a real need, and then WR in the 2nd or 3rd round. 

But you can never have enough offense in today’s nfl so wont cry over taking a flyer on a WR in the first either

• Like (+1) 1

I've done some more draft homework and RB Ty Chandler seems like a good fit for what we need. As he's a RB that can go the distance and return kicks and be a guy that seems to compliment Devin Singletary's skill set. He's a guy we could get in the 3rd or 4th Round which allow us to maybe shore up CB and/or OG/WR with our first two picks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I think this is an absolute possibility but I still feel like the o line needs to be addressed and the second will be where he makes his moves.  I'm thinking they stay pat and pick the best corner or IOL available and end up making 2 picks in the second

1 hour ago, wagne591 said:

I will keep this short

Ojabo will almost certainly go before the Bills second round pick.  I’m certainly good with Williams if he falls to us in the first. 

Edited by BarleyNY

47 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

i think if Roger McCreary, CB from Auburn is there at 25. We have to take him and count our blessings. 

then id hope for christian watson, WR from north dakota state in 2nd round

if we take Williams in the 1st round i wont be mad, but i feel WR is pretty deep where a really good WR can still be obtained in rds 2-3

I don't like McCreary at 25.  Too small with short arms - not Beane's type at CB.  I like about 6 other CB's better  than him.  I think McCreary falls to the 2nd, maybe the mid 2nd

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.