Sal C vs Judon

SCBills

It’s so much fun to bust balls on every aspect of that organization, 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, krf139 said:

Judon does have a good point. He never played with Brady so Sal’s comment is a bit odd - I get it but a direct reply to Judon’s tweet comes across as peculiar. Sal is informed and knowledgeable but does take himself a bit too seriously in his gig 

Sal's point was you can't just promise a ring anymore and get people to take less in New England. He was using Judon's "recruiting is hard" tweet as the example.

2 hours ago, Success said:

That's great.

I love watching the Pats now, in season and in the offseason.  They just re-signed a bunch of old dudes, tried spending their way to contention last year, and are probably going to be in the neverending cycle of trying to find a QB, also.

It's very satisfying.

The Pats are in the worst possible situation.  They think they have their QB but he's not very good and they won't succeed with him and won't let themselves move on from him.  Stuck in mediocrity land for half a decade to come.

16 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I know I’ll get big time disagreement but Sal is the classic give it but can’t take it type of guy. I liked him when he first started but but the gig has gone to his head. 

Every sports guy in Buffalo is like this. Why? Any insights from people in the know? 

I see this entire exchange as an insult to Sal. Judon didn't know or care who he was and assumed he was a Pats guy. Probably responded because he saw the 100k followers. 

5 hours ago, gomper said:

Sal has grown waaaaay too full of himself. He's a master of the obvious.  He did my nephews game last fall. His pxp is almost as bad as Kevin Sylvester. 

I'll tell you one thing... which is... and look it... I respect it! 

Sal is like those old talking dolls where you pull a string and it says 1 of 4 things

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

Every sports guy in Buffalo is like this. Why? Any insights from people in the know? 

I see this entire exchange as an insult to Sal. Judon didn't know or care who he was and assumed he was a Pats guy. Probably responded because he saw the 100k followers. 

Big fish in a relatively small pond. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

2 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

It's not just Sal, and not just Buffalo. All these radio personalities in every market get way too full of themselves and are way over-sensitive. I'd argue Sal is on the lower scale of that compared to the egos you find in larger markets.

• Like (+1) 3

Nothing to see here.  I don't think Sal's comment was intended as any kind of slam to Judon.  He simply used Judon's comment as a jump off point to observe that recruiting free agents to play in New England is tougher now than in the hey day of Brady's leadership at QB and the annual championships.  If Judon wants to be hypersensitive about it, nobody's going to stop him, but that's not going to make recruiting any easier. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's not just Sal, and not just Buffalo. All these radio personalities in every market get way too full of themselves and are way over-sensitive. I'd argue Sal is on the lower scale of that compared to the egos you find in larger markets.

I'm curious why that is? Are the callers and readers THAT stupid that radio guys/journalists naturally become condescending and thin-skinned? Is it a macho thing? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.