How much did you pay for gas and groceries today?

Just now, ChiGoose said:

More likely Biden's age is how the left gets rid of Joe for 2024.

If Joe wants to run, there is nothing regarding his age anyone is going to do to stop him.  Which democrat is going to say to the American people "the president is cognizant enough to run the government now but not cognizant enough to run again in 2024"?  

6 minutes ago, Precision said:

If Joe wants to run, there is nothing regarding his age anyone is going to do to stop him.  Which democrat is going to say to the American people "the president is cognizant enough to run the government now but not cognizant enough to run again in 2024"?  

"Joe Biden has spent his entire life working to build a better America for every American. I understand and respect his desire to run for a second term, but should he win, he would be 86 years old at the end of his second term. When he ran in 2020, he did so as a bridge to the next generation of Democratic leadership. Now is the time for us to cross that bridge"

-Joe Biden's 2024 Primary Challenger

I don't think it would be that hard for someone like Buttigieg, Swalwell, or any other younger* Dem to find a way to gracefully challenge Biden without attacking him.

*Please for the love of God, can the Dems end their gerontocracy? Please?

• Agree 1

Just now, ChiGoose said:

"Joe Biden has spent his entire life working to build a better America for every American. I understand and respect his desire to run for a second term, but should he win, he would be 86 years old at the end of his second term. When he ran in 2020, he did so as a bridge to the next generation of Democratic leadership. Now is the time for us to cross that bridge"

I don't think it would be that hard for someone like Buttigieg, Swalwell, or any other younger* Dem to find a way to gracefully challenge Biden without attacking him.

That's very eloquent but when was the last time we saw anything graceful from either party? 

Even if this were to proceed perfectly you have a primary challenger(s) running against a sitting president in the same party.  Just for trivia sake, when was the last time the challenger was successful?  Also, Biden 's job approval rating among democrats (remember who will be voting in the primary) is remarkably at 69%.  

https://graphics.reuters.com/USA-BIDEN/POLL/nmopagnqapa/

When the challenger(s) start to fall behind (undoubtably it will happen at some point during the primary process) you can bet that grace and eloquence will go out the window.   

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

How do you know this won't happen? It would be logical and Biden would have to accept it.

3 hours ago, Precision said:

That's very eloquent but when was the last time we saw anything graceful from either party? 

Even if this were to proceed perfectly you have a primary challenger(s) running against a sitting president in the same party.  Just for trivia sake, when was the last time the challenger was successful?  Also, Biden 's job approval rating among democrats (remember who will be voting in the primary) is remarkably at 69%.  

https://graphics.reuters.com/USA-BIDEN/POLL/nmopagnqapa/

When the challenger(s) start to fall behind (undoubtably it will happen at some point during the primary process) you can bet that grace and eloquence will go out the window.   

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

How do you know this won't happen? It would be logical and Biden would have to accept it.

I think that is something a Dem primary challenger *could* do, but I’m not sure I would wager on it actually happening. 

Biden’s age opens him to a primary challenge, but the Dems are so intent on deferring to people who are older than dirt that I’m not sure what we should expect.

If Biden decides to run and is challenged, I doubt he backs down. But such a scenario would likely weaken him should he survive to the primary, like Ted Kennedy did to Jimmy Carter.

My hope is that he isn’t going to run but is just waiting to announce that he’s a lame duck as that would likely tank whatever agenda he still wants to accomplish.

On 7/8/2022 at 9:15 AM, OrangeBills said:

Commodities prices are dropping quickly all over the place as investors and industry participants brace for the pending Implosion/Recession that's coming.  

Such periods are really bad for prices.  The Fed has to irrationally raise Interest Rates well above the natural rate to levels that cease commerce because our Liberal/Democratic morons in charge shut down the Economy over a run-of-the-mill virus and pumped $10T into a $20T economy because they don't know what they're doing.

The human toll from those actions will dramatically exceed any suffering (over)-attributed to COVID.

Who was in charge when we started all the government shutdowns again?  Who started the payments?  Trump approved $3.1 Trillion in stimulus while Biden approved $1.9.  So don't simply blame "Liberal/Democratic morons."

And I am not even complaining about the shutdowns.  Anyone who compares COVID to the flu shows immediately that they are an idiot.  6.3 Million deaths to Covid in 2.25 years.   300,000 to 650,000 deaths per year due to the flu.  So no, they aren't the same.  

Edited by cle23

19 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

But let's keep the focus on the sham partisan theater!

Don't worry that you're paying more for everything and real wages have fallen for 15 straight months.  Add in the Fed is too late and as a result is raising rates into a slow down, crashing financial markets, crushing housing, leading to mounting layoffs and business closures.  While doing little to nothing to quell inflation.  Oh, at least the job numbers are great.  Until you look at the details in the data, compare it to the household survey, and discover its just people working more than one job because they can't afford to live on one job because of inflation and not new workers. 

But forget all that.  Just watch the Committee hearings that impact your life not one bit and pay no attention to reality.  

On 7/8/2022 at 4:30 PM, Precision said:

Hunter is how the left gets rid of Joe before 2024.

I really like this take. Wishful thinking maybe, but … I hope it works. 
Now, as for Joe’s replacement, that’s a different story. I’m going with the “only a more centrist candidate can avoid another Trump/DeSantis presidency”

34 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I really like this take. Wishful thinking maybe, but … I hope it works. 
Now, as for Joe’s replacement, that’s a different story. I’m going with the “only a more centrist candidate can avoid another Trump/DeSantis presidency”

I'd like to see the 99% of American's in the middle come to the realization neither of the two current parties, Republican or Democrat represent their interests.  Form several new parties.  Establish some common ground and an environment of cooperation.  See the truth the political class is feeding off the rest of us like parasites which provide no benefit.  Vote out all the legacy two party establishment representatives.  And get the country moving forward again.   

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grocery prices in July had largest price increase since 1979 — with one food staple rising by 38% on the year

The price of food at home rose 1.3% from June to July, marking a 13.1% increase compared to last year. It was the largest price increase for groceries since 1979, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Among groceries, egg prices had the biggest increase. Their cost rose by 4.3% in the month of July, and 38% in the year. Potatoes also rose 4.6% on the month and 13.3% year-to-year. Butter was up over 26% on the year in July, and coffee rose by over 20% over the same period.

https://on.mktw.net/3SIjeKc

Face Mask GIF by GIPHY News

Science.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1