How much did you pay for gas and groceries today?

3 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Just imagine if they put food and energy into the inflation formula.

the prices at the grocery  stores are insane.  like they are going up daily..

Looking at Natural Gas and electricity still climbing doesn't point to it slowing soon

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/natural-gas

And it's only going to get worse starting in 2 weeks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Just imagine if they put food and energy into the inflation formula.

the prices at the grocery  stores are insane.  like they are going up daily..

Looking at Natural Gas and electricity still climbing doesn't point to it slowing soon

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/natural-gas

real average hourly wages have cratered. Buckle up boys and girls pain is coming

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Enjoy…. I’ve never understood the infatuation with baking in the sun next to a concrete hole filled with Luke warm water… I’ll be in my hot tub watching the big screen enjoying the crisp winter air hoping for a flurry or two. Cheers 

Civilizations have worshipped the sun for centuries for a reason.   You stew in your oversized bathtub filled with hot water.  I have one of those too. 😁

26 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Thanks CNBC.

I now price shop, hunt for bargains and use coupons for the first time ever.  And I’m not hurting financially. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Civilizations have worshipped the sun for centuries for a reason.   You stew in your oversized bathtub filled with hot water.  I have one of those too. 😁

And volcano’s and old books and bright planets or stars and movie stars and people like trump…. Doesn’t make them right to worship. 

I dearly love my oversized bath tub. Best pandemic addition aside from the pooch although the two are not compatible.  

Oh and back to the thread- inflation sux!

Hot tub chemicals and dog food are up too! 

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

And volcano’s and old books and bright planets or stars and movie stars and people like trump…. Doesn’t make them right to worship. 

I dearly love my oversized bath tub. Best pandemic addition aside from the pooch although the two are not compatible.  

Oh and back to the thread- inflation sux!

Hot tub chemicals and dog food are up too! 

We can live without any of the other idols you mentioned.  The sun however?  The giver of life on this planet. 😁

Regarding the cost of pool chemicals. Salt water here. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I was shooting for just a run of the mill aggression. 😉

That would have been if you mentioned Santa Monica. 

I am about to freak out with the inflation, I have always done well with budgeting and the past two years have destroyed my budget. In 2020 I was able to put 15% of my post tax income away for future college expenses for my kids, last year I put around 5% due to inflation and a few unexpected cost. This year I am looking at breaking even because I was always looking for the deal and that is without my usual summer travel plans next summer. The deals are not there anymore and my shipping trips have gone from $200 a week to over $300, for basically the same items. As a teacher my raises the past two years have combined for 7% but obviously that is not enough to keep up with inflation. To people who have not had locked in mortgages I can't imagine what you are doing. 

2 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I am about to freak out with the inflation, I have always done well with budgeting and the past two years have destroyed my budget. In 2020 I was able to put 15% of my post tax income away for future college expenses for my kids, last year I put around 5% due to inflation and a few unexpected cost. This year I am looking at breaking even because I was always looking for the deal and that is without my usual summer travel plans next summer. The deals are not there anymore and my shipping trips have gone from $200 a week to over $300, for basically the same items. As a teacher my raises the past two years have combined for 7% but obviously that is not enough to keep up with inflation. To people who have not had locked in mortgages I can't imagine what you are doing. 

That’s impossible….Biden passed the inflation reduction bill! Now dammit, stop your whining and fall in line with the regime’s agenda. 

6 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

What were your comp increases in previous years?  

25 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

32 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Wow! 7%!

Must be a government job.

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

In past 10years never more than 4 and usually less than 3. In past 9 years my salary has increased 33% in total. Only way I have got ahead at all is the bonus I got each year for being a top  teacher, while we had it. 

41 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Wow! 7%!

I believe he said he was a teacher and that the 7% was spread over two years. That seems about right. 

His plight is the definition of inflation. Employers cannot be expecting to keep up with this recent spike in costs. Most employers only give raises once a year. They’ll be playing catch up for quite some time. In the meantime the employees take it in the shorts. Welcome to Biden’s Green America! 

10 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Wow! 7%!

As stated by another it is over 2 years, and I am a teacher in Orlando Florida. I have worked other better paying jobs but with my children I wanted to be home. The money might become the issue that forces me out of the classroom.