How much did you pay for gas and groceries today?

Time to start documenting - I hope in a few months I'll be posting significant declines. 

But with this absolutely insane shift from "We really f...ed up covid and oh sorry the economy may really be fast tracked to disaster now" to "Russia Russia Russia cancel anyone that even watches Anastasia," something ain't right so I'm skeptical and concerned.  Beyond concerned.  They create crisis when they need you distracted.   

I hope we avoid all of it but we are either led by very stupid evil people or we're compromised by the only country on earth safe and protected from any criticism. 

And no one literally no one in your government is talking about it and how to fix it.  Just go buy an EV.  That's not concerning?  That doesn't tell you anything? 

In fact the buck stops with Brandon is now lashing out at you for even to dare blame him.  This is insane.  

Gas:  $48 on a car that had a 1/4 tank left

Target:  Literally 9 items - soap, a few things for dinner (sausage peppers potatoes), a bag of M&Ms, Lemon juice, and almost milk.   $50 

Not sustainable. 

And nothing more eye opening for people then to hear directly what everything is starting to cost.  

Edited by Big Blitz

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Time to start documenting - I hope in a few months I'll be posting significant declines.  

Here's something we definitely agree on! 

Some good news, the 2 year deal that Trump signed in April 2020 to lower OPEC oil  production by 6 million barrels per day ends in a few weeks.

Let's see if Boris can get the Saudis to ramp up production early, he's meeting with them this week. 

• Like (+1) 1

Received this week the assessed value on my house and most of the city just doubled. Being retired I wish my pension would also double.  Inflation will make Democrats toast in 22 and 24.  Gas at $4.40 a gal . 

4 hours ago, ALF said:

Received this week the assessed value on my house and most of the city just doubled. Being retired I wish my pension would also double.  Inflation will make Democrats toast in 22 and 24.  Gas at $4.40 a gal . 

22, yes. But by 24 who knows. Higher prices lead to more supply and more conservation 

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I guess BigBlitz has finally moved past his Covid outrage where I was assured I'd be wearing masks forever.

Fortunately, our country was saved by the miracle cure of State of the Union optics. Who knew that polling had such a direct effect on COVID?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

5 bucks per gallon diesel 155 to fill up my diesel dually. They don’t make an ev that can tow my Rv. 

My diesel arrives in a 6-8 weeks. Shocking to live in a world where I had to order a vehicle and wait 5 months for it. Not a problem for me, but just strange. 

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I guess BigBlitz has finally moved past his Covid outrage where I was assured I'd be wearing masks forever.

This is New York... masks will be back when they decide not to “allow” us to choose for ourselves. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, John Adams said:

My diesel arrives in a 6-8 weeks. Shocking to live in a world where I had to order a vehicle and wait 5 months for it. Not a problem for me, but just strange. 

Hey John, I just said the exact same thing to my wife last night. They are telling me not to expect my new car until September, at the earliest. Sheeesh!

• Dislike 1

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

$6.09 per gallon in suburban Southern California 

Can't citizens of California steal up to $950 worth of stuff and not get charged with a crime?  Or am I just thinking of San Francisco?  Because put into practice that could translate to free gas and groceries!  

PS: I'll be lobbying my state government to adopt this inflation fighting innovation!

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hey John, I just said the exact same thing to my wife last night. They are telling me not to expect my new car until September, at the earliest. Sheeesh!

We have bought 4 Toyotas from a big suburban Philly dealership in the last 20+ years. We still have one and I took it over for routine stuff the other day. The lot was empty and had 5 cars on it, probably all just waiting for pickup. None in the showroom. It's crazy. 

The Toyotas have been amazing for reliability but man do they bore the ***** out of me for driving. Can't they make one car that is interesting? 

3 minutes ago, John Adams said:

We have bought 4 Toyotas from a big suburban Philly dealership in the last 20+ years. We still have one and I took it over for routine stuff the other day. The lot was empty and had 5 cars on it, probably all just waiting for pickup. None in the showroom. It's crazy. 

The Toyotas have been amazing for reliability but man do they bore the ***** out of me for driving. Can't they make one car that is interesting? 

Ha!

Toyota doesn’t sell ‘interesting’. It’s not there branding. Neither does Honda. They’re core competency is reliability. 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ha!

Toyota doesn’t sell ‘interesting’. It’s not there branding. Neither does Honda. They’re core competency is reliability. 

Yeah that's the truth. We have one left. Good RAV4 Hybrid. Most boring car on planet earth short of a Camry. A solid car for my 20 year old. No fun but reliable and good MPGs (40). 

I just got a diesel Wrangler where I'm hoping its fun offsets its terrible reliability. Wife has the Chevy Bolt that we got for a song with the fed rebate, Costco membership, and dealer deal during Covid. That car can't corner for crap and the interior is boring but it is fun to push the go pedal on an EV car, even a Chevy. My wife called the dealer the other day asking for a 15,000 mile service and they had to talk her out of it. "Ma'am, there's truly nothing to do." 

Edited by John Adams
  • Like (+1) 1