Wentz traded to Washington

HappyDays

How is this possible?  I was told by a bunch of people here this was impossible when I said Wentz was either done in Indy or will be competing for his job with another vet come training camp. 

Lol, I mean it was clear as day they didn't want to commit to him anymore when they did their year end press conferences.  

Like I said in that thread originally, I think Colts are potential landing spot for Trubisky.  This increases that because I doubt they want to give up more draft capital to get someone like Jimmy G where chatter is it might take a first round pick now after all the QB movement.  They could still make a move for Jimmy G too, but after what they gave up for Wentz and that not working out, I would think signing someone will be more appealing for this season at least.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

Is SF going to go with Lance or will the GOAT come out of retirement and play there?

Dunno.  Seems like they are ready to part ways with him though.  They aren’t extending him and there’s only one season left on his contract.  They could make him play it out, but it seems like they’d be better off getting something for him and going with the youngster (or GOAT).  They could use the cap space too. 

17 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

The commanders gave up draft picks for that cap hit and contract?  Yikes I thought it would be the other way around.  The colts now have 70 mil in space but obviously no qb.  Commanders have Heinecke who is probably better than wentz right now. 

Not clear...It says third round picks were involved, but it doesn't say which team is getting them...it's hard to believe any team would give up even a single day-2 pick for Wentz, but then again Washington is an absolute joke of an organization .

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.