Brady to Dolphins? Heaven forbid!

Chandler#81

4 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Sitting out a year does not change the fact that he has a year left on his contract with TB.  The contract “tolls” so TB retains his rights until they relinquish them.  They’d have to do that or trade his contract to another team for Brady to play elsewhere.  

TB is not going to screw Brady after what he did for that organization. If he wants to 'unretire' and play again this year they'll simply release him or trade him for a late round pick at his request.

As for the talk of going to the Dolphins, you really have to wonder what's happening behind the scenes in their organization especially after the Flores/Watson fiasco and citing that as a reason he was fired.

6 hours ago, Maynard said:

I’ve had a feeling he might give it 1 more year in San Francisco. 

IF he comes back, then yes, I think it's SF.  It's a perfect match.  That team has everything but a QB and he probably has one more season in him and it's his hometown team.  The Bucs have him under contract, so a release or trade would be required.  I could see SF throwing a high-mid-round pick (2-4) for this.  It would be good for both sides, under the assumption that Brady won't return to Tampa.  While something as high as a 2nd round pick seems to be pretty expensive, with that defense, running game, and receiving core (Kittle, Samuel, Ayiuk), this team becomes an instant NFC favorite to get to the Super Bowl (to lose to the Bills) if Brady is added.  For what it's worth, Rodgers went to Berkeley (in the Bay Area) and I think he's from that part of the country too, but I don't see the Packers letting Rodgers go to SF.

Edited by msw2112

17 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

TB is not going to screw Brady after what he did for that organization. If he wants to 'unretire' and play again this year they'll simply release him or trade him for a late round pick at his request.

As for the talk of going to the Dolphins, you really have to wonder what's happening behind the scenes in their organization especially after the Flores/Watson fiasco and citing that as a reason he was fired.

I didn’t read the article.  I would bet that Tom Brady is not going to play behind that Dolphins offensive line though.  He gets rid of the ball quickly but that line would still get him maimed.  I don’t think he’s coming back, but if we’re to then he’d have better choices than the dolphins.

If Brady wants to play somewhere else Tampa Bay will give him the respect of releasing him and not playing games. He won them a Super Bowl.

If he wants to walk he walks. 

Other than playing NE twice a year I don't get why Brady would want to go to the Dolphins. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

I didn’t read the article.  I would bet that Tom Brady is not going to play behind that Dolphins offensive line though.  He gets rid of the ball quickly but that line would still get him maimed.  I don’t think he’s coming back, but if we’re to then he’d have better choices than the dolphins.

If he truly has a grudge against the Patriots going to the Dolphins and winning the SB there would be the ultimate middle finger.

But I would agree there are better options assuming he wants to suit up again.

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

If he truly has a grudge against the Patriots going to the Dolphins and winning the SB there would be the ultimate middle finger.

But I would agree there are better options assuming he wants to suit up again.

A bigger finger be doing with the Jets being BB turned down the Jets to go to the Patriots afterall. 

8 hours ago, Cantankeous said:

No, Einstein. It’s from yesterday. But Hey! Why start being knowledgeable now? The Dunce cap has been out of the closet for a year now. 🤦‍♂️

Funny because while the story was published yesterday, the topic has been around for weeks….like I said.  Here’s a link from 2/17:

Got any more breaking news for us from 2 weeks ago:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10027317-report-tom-brady-name-to-watch-for-future-ownership-stake-in-dolphins.amp.html

Not sure if you guys heard yet but….Tom Brady retired!  Hot off the presses….an article from yesterday:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10028309-buccaneers-jason-licht-on-tom-bradys-retirement-well-leave-the-light-on.amp.html

12 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I have said I wouldn't be surprised if Brady un-retires and then re-retires, maybe even as much as twice.

I can see Teflon Tom unretiring if a team was in playoff contention and lost a starter. 

Opportunity to get another ring with another team with much less work.

9 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I really hope he picks a division soon.  I need to know which other division cities in which to invest in marital aid stores.

image.thumb.jpeg.de7c494688584e95c3905487002e8d43.jpeg

The image you linked..lol.. it skirts with TSW standards. Especially if it was a used one.

Bruce Arians... LOL

That decision will be made way above your head, coach. You have a Super Bowl ring because of Brady. 

That said, I think Brady really is done with playing. He said something like teammates need him all-in and he can't do that anymore. If Brady isn't 100% locked in, full-on TB12 style with the smoothies, massages, and whatever else then he will fall apart as a 45 year old QB. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.