Brady to Dolphins? Heaven forbid!

Chandler#81

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

Brady anywhere worries me. Dude is a really great player

True but put him on the Colts and they become the favorite to represent the AFC. Look at their OL, they also have one of the best RB's in Taylor. Brady never had a running game that good. The Colts can also play D. The Bills could beat them but it would be a huge challenge.

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I'd LOVE for him to end up in Miami---gives us a chance to seriously hurt him--a goal of mine that was never accomplished.

You mean physically hurt him?  This is a game we're talking about, here.

6 hours ago, Malazan said:

TMZ of the NFL strikes again. This guy is a real piece of work. He blends stories about the Dolphins pursuing Brady in 2020 with a mix of the rumors about him becoming a minority owner and that every team with a coaching vacancy likely inquired about Payton to spin this POS story out. 

pft should be a banned site on football forums. It's a bigger mockery of journalism than most sports media. 

So, based on your conclusion, we can assume you have also, like Flores, been looking into this story.  What have you found that this is a POS fabrication, "a mockery", by Flores?

3 hours ago, BillsinChesterSprings said:

Bet my mortgage Brady is playing in 2022.  There has been some semblance of a fallout between Brady and either Arians or the Bucs as a whole.  He's back and my gutt tells me some team on the West Coast.

Do you have a nice house???

I might take you up on this!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Sitting out a year does not change the fact that he has a year left on his contract with TB.  The contract “tolls” so TB retains his rights until they relinquish them.  They’d have to do that or trade his contract to another team for Brady to play elsewhere.  

that said, he shows up in august and hasn’t been in the organization all off-season, and his cap hit goes on the books and Tampa doesn’t have incentive to play hard ball either. It becomes a get something and move on situation.

Sitting out a year does not change the fact that he has a year left on his contract with TB.  The contract “tolls” so TB retains his rights until they relinquish them.  They’d have to do that or trade his contract to another team for Brady to play elsewhere.  

that said, he shows up in august and hasn’t been in the organization all off-season, and his cap hit goes on the books and Tampa doesn’t have incentive to play hard ball either. It becomes a get something and move on situation.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Sure, it probably would go that way - except for the August part.  I think he’d want to be on a team for the full offseason if he’s going to play.  If Brady wants to play for Miami, Tampa probably takes a low or mid round pick from them and it’s done.  My main point was that this isn’t a case where Brady can just sign as a FA though.  There is a process that has to be followed and it could derail things.  For example, Tampa would be unlikely to let him play in their division or even the NFC without major compensation.  It is just something that has to be worked out. 

11 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Please let him come back. We want 1 more chance to kick his a??. 

Meh.  Let him stay retired.  He’s kicked our ass so many times that one back to him at the end of his ridiculously long career means nothing.  There’s simply nothing we can do to even the score at this point.  Let it be over and let it go. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, BillsinChesterSprings said:

Bet my mortgage Brady is playing in 2022.  There has been some semblance of a fallout between Brady and either Arians or the Bucs as a whole.  He's back and my gutt tells me some team on the West Coast.

The prodigal son going back home !

2 hours ago, Lost said:

When was this?  How do I not remember this play?

That was back in 2001, when Brady took over for an injured Bledsoe. IIRC, both games went down to the wire with one of them decided in overtime. A Patriot receiver (David Patton, I believe) was blown up in overtime and fumbled the ball. The Bills recovered and were poised to get the win, but the officials ruled that a literally unconscious Patton's leg was barely touching the sideline, and since the fumbled ball touched him for a split second, the ball itself was out of bounds. On the very next play former Bill Antowain Smith took it to the house for a Pats win.

Edited by 2003Contenders

6 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Brady should have received a penalty for not having his chin strap securely fastened. 😁

Instead, The Pats* were awarded an extra comp pick, and that is where the tradition started. 

(My apologies, sometimes I can’t help myself.)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.