Siran Neal signs 3 year deal

BillsMafi$

This is a fantastic depth signing.  The dude is a beast tackler and very athletic.  He does have glaring weaknesses too.  But how they have used him in the past, he's perfect in his role.

Tackles almost like Antoine Winfield, but covers like Chris Watson.

1 hour ago, Lv-Bills said:

This is a fantastic depth signing.  The dude is a beast tackler and very athletic.  He does have glaring weaknesses too.  But how they have used him in the past, he's perfect in his role.

Tackles almost like Antoine Winfield, but covers like Chris Watson.

l’d feel better if he was also a threat to catch punts like Watson.

On 2/24/2022 at 12:26 PM, frogger said:

I think this means we are saying goodbye to Wallace and we’ll find his replacement early in the draft.  We can’t afford to pay our secondary this much without finding a cheap, young starter.

I tend to agree with your points.  Someone is going to pay Wallace $9M+ per year.  

7 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Could Taron Johnson move outside and Neal take over NCB duties? How else does he get on the field more on defense like Tabots source states?

Maybe subbing on early run downs for Johnson? Otherwise I have no idea...

Edited by JaCrispy

7 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Could Taron Johnson move outside and Neal take over NCB duties? How else does he get on the field more on defense like Tabots source states?

Taron Johnson is not suitable as an outside CB.

I see Siran Neal being used more for goal line snaps because he is a good tackler and other short yardage situations.

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Why not? 

Not being snarky, I genuinely don’t know why.

Taron has lots of speed (as shown by his interceptions for TDs), good hands, is good in run coverage but not matches well vs most teams #1 and #2 CBs who sometimes need to play against sideline which takes different techniques.  In addition in last year and half the Bills have recrafted the defense to being a true 4-2-5 defense with him being a vital component in that defense so anything Bills gained by having him be outside would negated by loss in middle.

• Agree 2

On 2/24/2022 at 5:17 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Not mystifying at all. They can play defense very differently with their other players in the back 7 when they have Tre White on he field. He was missed big time which is why he’s an all pro with a giant contract. He’s a difference maker on this defense, not some minor piece. 

It's not mystifying that Neal wasn't given an opportunity to matchup against Kelce after having held up well in that role previously? Okay, I stand corrected. 😀

Tre White is "not some minor piece?" Okay... and you're telling me this for what reason?

On 2/23/2022 at 11:12 AM, Ethan in Portland said:

Puke. Another overpay for a guy that plays mostly special teams. Any UDFA can do what he does. He is a decent player that can get a contract like that when you don't have superstars to pay. Beane is not evolving. 

How many accounts do you post under?

12 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Taron has lots of speed (as shown by his interceptions for TDs), good hands, is good in run coverage but not matches well vs most teams #1 and #2 CBs who sometimes need to play against sideline which takes different techniques.  In addition in last year and half the Bills have recrafted the defense to being a true 4-2-5 defense with him being a vital component in that defense so anything Bills gained by having him be outside would negated by loss in middle.

Thanks 😊 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.