Daboll and Frazier....have they run their course here?!?

Sweats

I was thinking about this today.......could our OC's have possibly run their course here?

1) Frazier's D is too soft for today's NFL. The game is faster, Offenses are stronger and an elite D needs to be able to hunt or be the predator, so to speak. Could Fraziers D be part of a dying breed, that just plays too soft.

The game against the Chiefs, the D for the most part looked unsure of assignments and scheme. They left players unattended, they tackled poorly and i won't even talk about the Prevent D.......my god, that was like just giving the game away.

A championship D needs to play better than that. I don't blame the players as we've seen that they do have the talent to compete, however, if they are being taught to play soft, then they will be a wet noodle. A more aggressive minded DC with new fresh ideas may be what is needed.

I remember hearing how Minnesota D players would change the plays on the field that Frazier was giving them for particular games cause they didn't like his calls......they felt a more aggressive approach was needed and they went rogue.

2) Daboll is adequate as OC. You basically know what you're getting with his playcalling.......JA, and lots of it. He has done an excellent job with our young QB, but i feel that Josh putting the team on his back each and every week isn't fair. Most games it feels like he's not only carrying the O, but his OC questionable calls. If the Chiefs game has shown anyone and especially Daboll, you've got a 5.0 mustang on the field, why the hell do you insist on driving it like a Hyundai?!?......open that thing up on every play and let it loose. You already know what you got under the hood, man......when we're firing on all cylinders and leaving skid marks all over the field, just let it loose.

I'm just wondering if our OC and DC have taken us as far as they possibly can at this point.......maybe they don't know the next step to get us over the hump, however, it would be a shame of epic proportions if these guys fail this team any further going forward. We've got alot of talent on both sides of the ball (it's taken us a long, longggggggggg time to be able to say that) and it would be truly sad to see such talent wasted.

We do have the talent and the roster to make SB runs every year, but making the run to the SB and actually winning it are 2 totally different things.

We've got alot to look forward to for this team's future. i hope that Daboll and Frazier know how to make the transition to todays NFL, as it's an ever changing and evolving monster.

I think this team would definitely miss Daboll if he decides to move on, but i don't think they would miss much of a beat if Frazier left.

And if they are both gone this season?........i'm okay with that.

Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I was thinking about this today.......could our OC's have possibly run their course here?

1) Frazier's D is too soft for today's NFL. The game is faster, Offenses are stronger and an elite D needs to be able to hunt or be the predator, so to speak. Could Fraziers D be part of a dying breed, that just plays too soft.

The game against the Chiefs, the D for the most part looked unsure of assignments and scheme. They left players unattended, they tackled poorly and i won't even talk about the Prevent D.......my god, that was like just giving the game away.

A championship D needs to play better than that. I don't blame the players as we've seen that they do have the talent to compete, however, if they are being taught to play soft, then they will be a wet noodle. A more aggressive minded DC with new fresh ideas may be what is needed.

I remember hearing how Minnesota D players would change the plays on the field that Frazier was giving them for particular games cause they didn't like his calls......they felt a more aggressive approach was needed and they went rogue.

2) Daboll is adequate as OC. You basically know what you're getting with his playcalling.......JA, and lots of it. He has done an excellent job with our young QB, but i feel that Josh putting the team on his back each and every week isn't fair. Most games it feels like he's not only carrying the O, but his OC questionable calls. If the Chiefs game has shown anyone and especially Daboll, you've got a 5.0 mustang on the field, why the hell do you insist on driving it like a Hyundai?!?......open that thing up on every play and let it loose. You already know what you got under the hood, man......when we're firing on all cylinders and leaving skid marks all over the field, just let it loose.

I'm just wondering if our OC and DC have taken us as far as they possibly can at this point.......maybe they don't know the next step to get us over the hump, however, it would be a shame of epic proportions if these guys fail this team any further going forward. We've got alot of talent on both sides of the ball (it's taken us a long, longggggggggg time to be able to say that) and it would be truly sad to see such talent wasted.

We do have the talent and the roster to make SB runs every year, but making the run to the SB and actually winning it are 2 totally different things.

We've got alot to look forward to for this team's future. i hope that Daboll and Frazier know how to make the transition to todays NFL, as it's an ever changing and evolving monster.

I think this team would definitely miss Daboll if he decides to move on, but i don't think they would miss much of a beat if Frazier left.

And if they are both gone this season?........i'm okay with that.

Thoughts?

Jesus someone make it stop

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The Bills allowed the fewest points-against in the entire NFL.   

They had 3rd highest ‘points for’.

Yeah, probably a good time to get some position coach the opportunity move up and see if they can get the Bills to the promised land. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think the Bills D just has issues when we play teams with multiple elite talent skill position players. A lot of teams do, but I think the difference between our average performance versus our performance against teams with high level skill position players is the widest gap in the NFL.

1 hour ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

It's McD's D. Frazier is an extension of him. It's the strangest thing to me that people want McD to stay and for Frazier to go, as if that's going to make some kind of massive impact. 

Stop making sense.  That doesn’t seem to be a valuable trait after a loss.

Edited by purple haze

1 hour ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

It's McD's D. Frazier is an extension of him. It's the strangest thing to me that people want McD to stay and for Frazier to go, as if that's going to make some kind of massive impact. 

When you go from jubilation to intense heartbreak you want to find a scapegoat.  Ask Scott Norwood or Bruce DeHaven.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.