second NYG interview for Daboll (in person) - apologies if already posted elsewhere

dave mcbride

4 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Good I hope he gets it. Im done with Dabol. 

I was heading there before the playoffs.  But the 2 games they put together offensively has made me second guess it.  Frankly...None of us know if Dorsey would be in over his head.  As much as I would think not and hope not...We just don't really know.

Edited by Lagoon Blues

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He’s almost certainly gone esp w Quinn being the other candidate. The Bills need to promote Dorsey and keep the passing concepts or this team will take a big step back. 

The Bills could hire my dog as the OC and the offense will still be explosive. Allen is that good. I do agree with you that if Daboll leaves it will be Dorsey who takes over.

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Good I hope he gets it. Im done with Dabol. 

I don't hate the guy like many Bills fans seem to, but I refuse to believe he is some sort of play making magician! 

He calls a LOT of curious plays at the wrong time that hurts the team, and we often fail to get our best players involved the way they should be.

If he goes, he should be able to be replaced with someone as good or better IMO!

PS:  What's Chan Gailey doing?  Is he retired?  He had a knack for really creative, good offensive play design.

He'd be excellent with Josh!

Get the next Chan Gailey who's just that much younger.  They have to be out there.

2 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

Why not Bienemy? It's funny how that band gets kept together every year...

It's a very good question.  I searched for evidence that Bienemy and Spagnuolo were interviewing for HC jobs while preparing for playoff games the same way Daboll and Frazier did

Bienemy apparently interviewed for the Broncos HC position on Friday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/21/broncos-complete-interview-with-eric-bieniemy/

That's apparently his first HC interview vs. 3 for Daboll and Frazier.

I think there are a few reasons for that.  One is that Andy Reid is believed to be the driving force behind KC's play calling, so Bienemy perhaps gets less credit than he should.  A second is that rumors say that Bienemy doesn't interview well, though for 2 -  3rd round picks one would think the Chiefs would send him to charm school and help him prepare better. 

A third is that he does have some baggage, in the form of a rap sheet going back to his days as a U of CO RB.  That might be dismissable as "dumb thick headed teen/young 20s he's long grown out of, and experience that is helpful now to relate to young hot-headed players".  The one that catches my eye is his 2001 DUI after he became a coach.  He was 31 yrs old at the time, at which point  you would like your potential coach to have grown past his useful hi-jinx.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He’s almost certainly gone esp w Quinn being the other candidate. The Bills need to promote Dorsey and keep the passing concepts or this team will take a big step back. 

It sounds as though there are multiple candidates:

On Sunday, the Giants held a teleconference interview with Lou Anarumo, the Bengals’ defensive coordinator — and, in 2018, the Giants’ defensive backs coach, working on Pat Shurmur’s staff. On Monday, the Giants will meet in-person at their facility with Dan Quinn, the Cowboys defensive coordinator and former Falcons head coach.

Patrick Graham, still under contract as the Giants’ defensive coordinator, is expected to interview for the head coach job. The Giants are also expected to bring in Brian Flores, fired after the season by the Dolphins, for an interview.

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

That’s possible. I agree wholeheartedly on finding someone who is a scheme fit, but that person doesn’t necessarily need to be Dorsey, but it could be Dorsey.

20 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Bienemy doesn't do squat. Reid runs that offense.

But yet Crennel, Patricia, Flores...and in this age of NFL, if there's even a smack of a guy having an effect on a QB's development, he should be gone. Maybe it's as Hapless said, it's Bienemy's personal issues.

Edited by pocoboy

25 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

But yet Crennel, Patricia, Flores...and in this age of NFL, if there's even a smack of a guy having an effect on a QB's development, he should be gone. Maybe it's as Hapless said, it's Bienemy's personal issues.

I think it's a combination of baggage, "not a good interview" and the perception that Reid is the mastermind and Bienemy more or less the clipboard holder.

I don't think it's true, but I don't have a problem with KC not scoring 2 3rd round picks

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.