Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, BobChalmers said:

Well it's pretty sad then that Beane has drafted three of them in the first 2 rounds the last two seasons, huh?

We can be a little patient with Groot - he was supposed to be a project.  Epenesa and Basham haven't shown much yet.   If anything, Epenesa has regressed.

Might want to question what we have at DL coach.

I feel like Rousseau has shown promise. Not as much for the others... although the jury is out on Basham too I'd say.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

You jam receivers at the line, making it take longer to get downfield and throwing off timing. To let receivers run free and wide open 15 yds down field is simply unbelievable. 

I think at the very least you HAVE to check Hill and Kelce...If they try to beat you elsewhere you can still have plenty in coverage if they only rush 3...

They just...Ugh...They literally did the worst possible thing they could Defending that situation...You can't get that many yards in 13 seconds without the Defense making mistakes...Just unacceptable...B-)

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Georgia Bill said:

No way to say for sure, and the 3 other games today may say otherwise, but I think this shows the importance of getting a higher seed than KC before the playoff start.  I just think if they had to play in a super load Orchard Park, it might have been just the small edge we could have used to come out on top.  I'm sick of going to KC to play these playoff games.

This this this this. Literally a 3 and out in the early 2nd quarter is crucial in games like this

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

How do you not have one player at the line for both of them?...Be as physical as you can possibly be...You can put Edmunds over Kelce and Johnson over Hill and literally try to tackle them in the 1st 5 yards...Play coverage behind that, even rush 3...and make them leak clock...The sidelines don't matter, they have 3 TO's...

That was mind-numbing...I'm still shaking my head...And I was screaming at the TV...What are you freaking doing? They were literally giving them more than 10 yards cushion and the ONE thing you don't want is for these Chiefs to get moving with their speed....It was really terrible coaching...I mean...I love this team but I gotta call it when it's that obvious...

Those freaking 13 seconds will forever haunt us because this team would have been favored to win the AFC Championship and the SB no matter who they would face...It was that big of a mistake...It was bigger really...I don't know if I can ever really trust McD again...He'll have to earn it that's for sure...B-)

Exactly. How do you not  jam them or smack them or even hold them. The last thing you do is let them just float around and get open without any pressure. I know that thinking in the moment in a high pressure situation is difficult but how did they not practice that scenario OVER AND OVER again?? Like what are we going to do if the Chiefs get the ball back and we need to waste time and disrupt them? Are the Bills seriously that stupid that they would not have practiced what D to do in that scenario?? 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Epenesa made a couple good stops in the run and did more than Addison (not hard to do).   Our Interior line wasn't bad at all.  Hughes and Addison are useless.

Addison played hurt and produced during the season. I think he even had some sacks. Epenesa stunk and gets zero pressure,along with Rousseau. 

1 minute ago, mannc said:

We don’t have defenders capable of tackling Hill and Kelce at the line of scrimmage.  It’s a fact.

But we do. If you rush 2 maybe 3 have 8 or 9 in coverage, you have 2 guys on those 2 you have 2 shots to take them down within 5 yards. The palm itself would have taken 4-5 seconds and 5 yards issued. Only needs to happen once or twice.

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

And we've done this a ton of times this season.  Did McDufus just lose his mind.

Apparently. After that they should’ve just been holding receivers and throwing them to the ground. So they get three plays and they get five yards a play off a penalty but the clock runs out. Pure stupidity, poor coaching, zero situational awareness.

• Agree 1

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

Man I had some time to think after this tough loss and calm down.

1. Mcd really messed this game up. The punt on 4th and short. The decision not to squib kick. Just horrible .

2. Frazier. See above ^. Brutal performance by our DC.

3. Josh is such an amazing player. I will still say he's the best QB in the league, I know I'm biased

At the end of the day?

Tough loss. But we got an elite, elite QB.

Go Bills 

We do got an elite elite QB as you say

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Its funny, I told my fiance after we scored with 13 seconds left, "I wish we took more time off the clock". With 13 seconds left, I am saying that.  13 seconds. You have to TRY to lose with 13 seconds left. I did not trust the coaching or defense tonight.

These are the Bills we're talking about. Plus every other game ended on the last play of regulation... there was every reason to believe they could pull off a miracle since we had just pulled off basically 2 miracle drives ourselves.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

in his defense i dont think ive ever seen a team drop everyone back, but like Romo said only rush 3 and keep someone on Kelce.

Number one

Romo was right.  Why Frazier could not figure this out is beyond me.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, HalftimeAdjustment said:

I feel like Rousseau has shown promise. Not as much for the others... although the jury is out on Basham too I'd say.

Young DL are looking okay, but they tend to take time to develop.

We need to sign proven pass rushers this off-season and let Hughes go. 

1 hour ago, dgrochester55 said:

Coaching killed us.   Hopefully someone takes Frazier off our hands and Buffalo can add at least one true pro bowl caliber defensive player to the front seven.  Defense is just fine against bad teams and rookie quarterbacks but is useless against the top tier of offenses.

THIS!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

why better field position. Teams kick short because you usually get there quicker and tackle before the 25 yard line. Unless they down it where they catch it, it's more than 1 second.

Because KC would not have tried to return a kick. They would have called fair catch (0 seconds off the clock) or grab and kneel and lose 1 second. Or if they kicked it say inside the 10, you let the ball roll into the end zone. Touchback. No time lost.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

Exactly. How do you not  jam them or smack them or even hold them. The last thing you do is let them just float around and get open without any pressure. I know that thinking in the moment in a high pressure situation is difficult but how did they not practice that scenario OVER AND OVER again?? Like what are we going to do if the Chiefs get the ball back and we need to waste time and disrupt them? Are the Bills seriously that stupid that they would not have practiced what D to do in that scenario?? 

Yes, they are that stupid 

I'm sure it's been said dozens of times already but squib the kick and run 3 - 7 seconds off the clock, OR play normal defense and the Bills win this.

Yes the OT rules are stupid. Play a straight up 10 minute period. Still tied - go the college route - it works.

The defense on that 10 second drive was just embarrassing. They should have ended the game emphatically. Instead they just concede 25 yd chunk plays. Both safeties and a cb 25-30 yards deep at the snap. That was so ***** weak. I can't stand that kind of defense.

Go after them and end the ***** game. Have some balls 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.