Another accolade for Josh Allen - Best under pressure

Chaos

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

That must have really hurt them to have to admit that.

Most of the PFF’s were forced into admitting they were incorrect on evaluating Josh’s potential.  Funny how Josh proved just about everything negative they said about him to be untrue 

• Like (+1) 1

Defensive coordinators have to pick their poison, either drop everyone back into coverage and give Allen time to pick them apart from the pocket, or rush Allen and try to force him into making a mistake or taking a sack all the while hoping he doesn't break containment and run for 30 yards.  I honestly don't know what a defense can do.  The guy is a unicorn.

It's like Belichick said, Josh Allen is a problem. 

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 6

Just now, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Josh has  pocket presence and athleticism that will destroy and tire a Dline, Speed as fast or  faster than Linebackers and a body built to punish Defensive backs who dare tackle him.

And LBs.  And DL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Are we all taking enough time out to truly appreciate this?  

I could go through the quest we've had since Kelly, but everyone knows it.  I mean, we had a friggin' debate about Edwards vs. Losman.

It was a long wait.  But man, it really paid off.  It's actually realistic that Allen could be in the GOAT conversation in 10 years (and no, I'm not predicting that - but it's not crazy).

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Success said:

Are we all taking enough time out to truly appreciate this?  

I could go through the quest we've had since Kelly, but everyone knows it.  I mean, we had a friggin' debate about Edwards vs. Losman.

It was a long wait.  But man, it really paid off.  It's actually realistic that Allen could be in the GOAT conversation in 10 years (and no, I'm not predicting that - but it's not crazy).

Wasn't there a Kelly Holcomb vs Losman debate in around 2005 or 2006 before Trent the dink and dunker came around?  Ironically, I believe Edwards and Losman both ended up as backups or 3rd stringers on the Raiders for a short time.  And didn't EJ also?  Or was he on the Broncos?

But that is a great point about Josh Allen, looking at it in the big picture.   

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Wasn't there a Kelly Holcomb vs Losman debate in around 2005 or 2006 before Trent the dink and dunker came around?  Ironically, I believe Edwards and Losman both ended up as backups or 3rd stringers on the Raiders for a short time.  And didn't EJ also?  Or was he on the Broncos?

But that is a great point about Josh Allen, looking at it in the big picture.   

Yes! We did have that debate.  Kelly Holcomb!

For the record, I was Team Holcomb.  It's amazing to think about that now.

I can't remember where EJ ended up.  I talked myself into him being "the guy", too.  I even had a week where I was all in on Tuel (until that pick 6 against KC - they're getting payback for that on Sunday).

58 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Most of the PFF’s were forced into admitting they were incorrect on evaluating Josh’s potential.  Funny how Josh proved just about everything negative they said about him to be untrue 

Maybe he has a bad list from PFF and he is systematically eliminating from the list.

Now if we can add PFF Queen Chris Collinsworth to it.

8 minutes ago, Success said:

Yes! We did have that debate.  Kelly Holcomb!

For the record, I was Team Holcomb.  It's amazing to think about that now.

I can't remember where EJ ended up.  I talked myself into him being "the guy", too.  I even had a week where I was all in on Tuel (until that pick 6 against KC - they're getting payback for that on Sunday).

And I can't wait to see what Brian Brohm can do. He was highly rated coming out of Louisville, you know. 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I think my favorite debate was Thad Lewis vs. EJ Manuel. 

Mine was whether or not EJ actually meant to hit the concession tent in training camp.

...second thought, it may have been whether or not Uncle Rico could actually throw a football over a mountain.

...or whether or not Uncle Rico could be thrown off of a mountain after "the slide".

Edited by transient

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.