Another accolade for Josh Allen - Best under pressure

Chaos

20 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

He sometimes moves in the pocket when he doesn't need to, wasting motion etc.

However, it seems to work for him.

Fixed that for ya there mean gene 

many QBs do.  Ain’t nothing wrong with josh’s reaction to pressure in the pocket.  He’s a lumberjack magician escaping pressure.

Sure, he sometimes makes a bad play while under pressure in the pocket….just like Brady, Montana, Rodgers, Manning and every other qb to ever take a snap.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Still not good enough for the Pro Bowl....sorry

He should hide that ball a little closer to the hip on play action, that would have gotten him into the probowl. That or be named Lamar i suppose? 

Edited by HamSandwhich
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

He moves in the pocket when he doesn't need to, wasting motion etc.

When a guy is as dangerous running the football as Allen is how do you think a LB or safety sees his moves in the pocket?  Does it cause them to hesitate or get a bit out of position thinking he's about to take off? I guess my point is can you really call it "wasted motion"?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Another stat that I don't really see discussed is that Josh Allen has the 4th highest career postseason passer rating in league history.

This is interesting considering that it is though of that Josh has not been a good playoff performer which is not true.

Did you notice who #1 was?

The only chance to beat Josh Allen is to drop into coverage and get pressure with four rushing. You have to have excellent discipline on defense.

Josh usually evades the first rusher, so you have to get pressure with two or more players.

Even then, you have to kind of hope Allen is having one of his off days.

The story is kind of the same with Mahomes, actually, but Mahomes is not the threat that Allen is on the ground. Mahomes benefits from really good play calling and creativity on offense too, though, so both guys are tough to handle. You don't blitz them much, though, and you don't try too much man coverage.

3 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Got this from the JT O'Sullivan video:

Josh has mentioned that some of that "unnecessary movement" he does in the pocket has to do with him reading the pass rush with his peripheral and making slight adjustments to his position to give his O-Lineman a better opportunity to maintain their blocks

• Like (+1) 2

From what I've read from Chiefs fans on their forums and Twitter, the game plan to shut down Allen is simple.  All they have to do is blitz Allen...while keeping a spy on him...while playing zone...while double teaming Diggs.  It's just that easy!

Jeezy, it's almost like they want Beasley and McKenzie to combine for like 30 catches and 300 yards.  That or somehow have like 13 or 14 men on defense to pull it off.

They were also bragging about how this reffing crew is going to allow their DBs to get away with holding our receivers all day, so there's that too.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

From what I've read from Chiefs fans on their forums and Twitter, the game plan to shut down Allen is simple.  All they have to do is blitz Allen...while keeping a spy on him...while playing zone...while double teaming Diggs.  It's just that easy!

Jeezy, it's almost like they want Beasley and McKenzie to combine for like 30 catches and 300 yards.  That or somehow have like 13 or 14 men on defense to pull it off.

They were also bragging about how this reffing crew is going to allow their DBs to get away with holding our receivers all day, so there's that too.

Are they hoping the refs overlook 14 men on the field on defense?

• Like (+1) 1

Is this when blitzed or "under pressure".    When I think back to some of the losses, Pitt, Jags....there was pressure and it was successful but that may have been more 4 man pressure.  I am not disagreeing that he is good under pressure but I have seen it work.  Josh does really well against a blitzer, just side stepping them.   I think the only way to slow down these great QB's is to mix things up and disguise well.

13 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

and, YOU can turn a conversation from positive to negative when you don't need to.

However, it seems to work for you.

On 1/20/2022 at 12:11 AM, 1ManRaid said:

If you are blitzing and having a spy and doubling Diggs how in the world can you play zone. Sounds like uneducated fans talking out their backsides. So let’s say they blitz 6 and have a spy that leaves 4 in coverage. Okay double diggs. That would mean literally one of the Bills WRs is legitimately not even being guarded. 

The Chiefs are gonna stick with the same model that they have done the whole second half of the season. Robber coverage with their safeties and then on 3rd down bring the house and play cover 1 or cover zero. It got them burned vs Cinci but since Pittsburgh had a QB with no arm they feasted in them 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.