Micah Hydes Interception

Awwufelloff

1 hour ago, RJ (not THAT RJ) said:

Mac never looked Off the safety… the contrast between that and how well Josh looked off the safety on the Sanders TD was blindingly obvious. And never mentioned by the broadcast crew. 

In Jones defense, he probably didn’t think the safety could get there in time. That was a rookie error in judgement, but not by much, Hyde timing was sick… Hyde IMO played amazing all game he made lots of plays..

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Very similar to how Johnson stepped in front of Lamar's pass and ran it back last year in the Divisional round.   Very similar momentum changing play!

Very true.. It felt, at least to me, like they were going to tie it.

you also know it’s an amazing INT when you go “how the heck did he intercept that” instead of going “why the heck did he throw it there.”  I don’t think I am wrong in thinking 99% of the time that’s a TD.  Hyde just wow.. 

11 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Does anyone have a video of that? Watching that play live at the stadium everyone went quiet and couldn't believe he just did that...It deserves its own thread. Has to be one of the best INTS in playoff history.

It was a thing of beauty and I believe it set the tone for the rest of the game.

10 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

In Jones defense, he probably didn’t think the safety could get there in time. That was a rookie error in judgement, but not by much, Hyde timing was sick… Hyde IMO played amazing all game he made lots of plays..

definitely an example of the difference between a rookie and a vet. Mac will have to learn. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/15/2022 at 11:45 PM, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

I live in Wisconsin. Packers fans constantly tell me how salty they are we stole Hyde from them . Amazing play

Plus Hyde brought with him the tip about warm chicken broth for the players to keep warm.  

Imagine that the Pats receiver and the Bills CB weren't there, and Hyde just had a clear shot at running down that pass and catching it.  That would have been a 7.4 degree of difficulty catch.  Now factor in the two other men running into the situation and NOW imagine making that catch, grabbing it just before it would have hit the receiver's hands.  What incredible concentration and fearlessness.  

• Like (+1) 1

I'm probably going to watch that 1,000 times before I move on to whatever's next.

What a play.  Is everyone like me?  Everyone I was watching with was sure it was a TD, even AFTER Hyde picked it.  It was such a misdirection for the ball itself - it felt like it naturally should have gone to the receiver's hands.

It really took me a few seconds to process. I'd argue - without even knowing the others - that it was a top 5 INT in playoff history, both in terms of skill & impact on a game.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Success said:

I'm probably going to watch that 1,000 times before I move on to whatever's next.

What a play.  Is everyone like me?  Everyone I was watching with was sure it was a TD, even AFTER Hyde picked it.  It was such a misdirection for the ball itself - it felt like it naturally should have gone to the receiver's hands.

It really took me a few seconds to process. I'd argue - without even knowing the others - that it was a top 5 INT in playoff history, both in terms of skill & impact on a game.

I was at the game. I thought the receiver caught it. I yelled "sxxt" punched my leg, then looked up and was confused. The board said "Interception" and I still was a bit confused because I completely missed Hyde getting there. And of course then I started celebrating.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.