Patriots LT Isaiah Wynn is OUT vs Bills

2 hours ago, Malazan said:

Isiah Wynn is their worst lineman by far. He's given up as many sacks as the rest of their lineman combined. 

He is the weakest of their starters probably but Wynn is still a good player. The oline is the best unit on the Patriots. Shaq Mason is one of those elite guys that nobody talks about. The only guards I'd take over him are Quinten Nelson, Zack Martin and Joe Bitonio. 

Wynn is a better run blocker than pass blocker and part of that is he lacks the ideal length. He has short arms for a tackle and I actually had him projected as a guard coming out for that reason. Means he struggles to keep top end edge rushers wide. 

I would imagine without him Trent Brown moves across to the left side. He does have that length but as we saw when the Raiders paid him a fortune to be their left tackle he has clumsy and cumbersome feet. A guy like Jerry Hughes might be able to dip under and through his blocks. 

I would then imagine Onwenu will shift from guard outside to right tackle where he has played some this year and Ted Karras who is a vastly experienced interior lineman will come in at guard.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm not buying any of it.  How many times in the drought years did we hear about Cheats out on injury?  Then the replacement(s) would have a career day against us and The Cheats would chalk up another win.  I'll believe it when I see it.

That was typically because they had Brady there to compensate. Not sure Jones is ready or able to do that. Guess we will see.

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

No let downs play them like they’re at full strength

With it being the playoffs, I really hope our guys are locked in and ready to go.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He is the weakest of their starters probably but Wynn is still a good player. The oline is the best unit on the Patriots. Shaq Mason is one of those elite guys that nobody talks about. The only guards I'd take over him are Quinten Nelson, Zack Martin and Joe Bitonio. 

Wynn is a better run blocker than pass blocker and part of that is he lacks the ideal length. He has short arms for a tackle and I actually had him projected as a guard coming out for that reason. Means he struggles to keep top end edge rushers wide. 

I would imagine without him Trent Brown moves across to the left side. He does have that length but as we saw when the Raiders paid him a fortune to be their left tackle he has clumsy and cumbersome feet. A guy like Jerry Hughes might be able to dip under and through his blocks. 

I would then imagine Onwenu will shift from guard outside to right tackle where he has played some this year and Ted Karras who is a vastly experienced interior lineman will come in at guard.

Herron is going to play LT. Brown will stay at RT. This is what was reported, and how they’ve replaced Wynn in 3 other games this year. Allows the least disruption to the line. Imo that’s better conceptually than moving 3 guys to replace one which is what the Bills do. 

the pats are 1-2 with Herron at LT, and the win was a 3point squeaker over the Texans where they looked terrible. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm not buying any of it.  How many times in the drought years did we hear about Cheats out on injury?  Then the replacement(s) would have a career day against us and The Cheats would chalk up another win.  I'll believe it when I see it.

Dam Fred.  You sound defeated my man.  Alfred Hitchcock Crying GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Herron is going to play LT. Brown will stay at RT. This is what was reported, and how they’ve replaced Wynn in 3 other games this year. Allows the least disruption to the line. Imo that’s better conceptually than moving 3 guys to replace one which is what the Bills do. 

the pats are 1-2 with Herron at LT, and the win was a 3point squeaker over the Texans where they looked terrible. 

Hmm. Interesting. I'd  have gone the way I said. It is a bonus for the Bills if Herron starts. He is bad. 

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Hmm. Interesting. I'd  have gone the way I said. It is a bonus for the Bills if Herron starts. He is bad. 

Maybe they will end up doing that, but it isn’t expected. Apparently Herron played well vs Miami (which doesn’t have much of a DL)

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Malazan said:

Isiah Wynn is their worst lineman by far. He's given up as many sacks as the rest of their lineman combined. 

He's still a starter and this will disrupt how they do things on the OL.

That has to be a big wynn for the Bills.

Excuse the pun.

6 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Mills is out too, says didn’t travel with team per ESPN site. Is this accurate?

He was put on the covid list on Tuesday.  Had to be activated by 4 PM yesterday.

Also curious about Barmore. Was carted off the field last Sunday. Was at practice but he can't be close to 100 percent.

Edited by Bigvinny
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.