Dolphins fire Brian Flores

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think he gets a HC gig.

I think he deserves a HC Job.  Outside of year 1 with the dolphins, where they sent anyone any good away in trades, he has had a winning record, heck I say winning his last 5 games in his first year with those scrubs shows he is a good HC.  Just so dumb! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

I think he deserves a HC Job.  Outside of year 1 with the dolphins, where they sent anyone any good away in trades, he has had a winning record, heck I say winning his last 5 games in his first year with those scrubs shows he is a good HC.  Just so dumb! 

I'd like to see him land the Vikings job. There's a lot of talent on that team (and its NFC).

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I think this is a very good take from Florio and it addresses the real issue: a bad, absentee owner: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/10/absentee-ownership-directly-contributes-to-weird-outcomes-like-the-firing-of-brian-flores/

100%

Its the owner (not Flores) that wants Watson as well.

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i bet no. He probably wants Harbaugh to stay there. I bet there would be some tension with his fellow alumni too if he were to poach him— I think Ross is pretty active at the school, if I recall. 

He’s not staying there unless no one in the nfl wants to hire him. He’s been trying to leave for 2 years.  But he’s not going to Miami 

if I'm Denver, Minn, or Jacksonville I'm calling him NOW.  Better talent in all those places than in Miami.  

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

I'd like to see him land the Vikings job. There's a lot of talent on that team (and its NFC).

Vikings would be amazing if he went there.  Tons of talent on that team.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s not staying there unless no one in the nfl wants to hire him. He’s been trying to leave for 2 years.  But he’s not going to Miami 

whoa really? I didn’t know he has been trying to leave. I don’t follow college football a ton, but I usually will try to loosely keep abreast of Big 10 Stuff. 

Just now, RyanC883 said:

if I'm Denver, Minn, or Jacksonville I'm calling him NOW.  Better talent in all those places than in Miami.  

Vikings would be amazing if he went there.  Tons of talent on that team.  

Too bad the Vikings fired their GM. I think he did a fine job and if you have a GM in place, you're in better position to hire a coach quickly.

• Like (+1) 1

Flores is handled the Tua/Fitz and Tua/Watson situations horribly, and tried playing it off like he knew what he was doing. At least he doubled down on Tua after his *****up this year - oh wait he's fired... Must not want Watson now! Guess Ross will leverage their future and destroy the great defense Flores created 

I am totally okay with this 

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2016/07/18/doug-pederson-shares-what-he-learned-from-backing-up-brett-favre-and-dan-marino/

Doug Pederson will be a strong candidate in Miami I think.  Ross may be listening to Marino.  There was something not right about the Dolphins the last couple of years even with the W-L record.  Things like signing Kyle Van Noy to a long term deal and then cutting him after one season - made no sense.  It had to put strain on internal relationships.  Dolphins folded in big games pretty consistently.

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 2

This is somewhat puzzling but just goes to show that it's truly still a results driven business.

In many years back to back 10 and 9 win seasons are good enough for the playoffs or division title but Miami must have other plans in mind and perhaps going 0-6 against the best team in the division also led to Flores demise.

Miami is now probably going to be the #1 preferred destination though for any prospective new HC especially if they plan on making a power move for a veteran QB in the offseason to compliment a very talented young roster.

1 minute ago, JoeF said:

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2016/07/18/doug-pederson-shares-what-he-learned-from-backing-up-brett-favre-and-dan-marino/

Doug Pederson will be a strong candidate in Miami I think.  Ross may be listening to Marino.  There was something not right about the Dolphins the last couple of years even with the W-L record.  Things like signing Kyle Van Noy to a long term deal and then cutting him after one season - made no sense.  It had to put strain on internal relationships.  Dolphins folded in big games pretty conssistently.

He’s one of Marino’s best friends and technically is a big part of Miami’s history. I guess I  was wrong about Harbaugh. But I did mention Pederson’s name. We better hope we don’t lose Frazier. Cause if Pederson does go to Miami then I can guarantee Schwartz will follow him

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

I know Pedersen managed to win a super bowl in Philly but other than that he’s a Philbin clone, no?

He a hell of a better coach than Philbin could ever dream of being. Also like JoeF was saying I think Ross is starting to listen to Marino

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.