Something something something 

New England Patriots claim 

something something something

also awarded a conditional draft pick.

44 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I doubt it.

Any team claiming him would have to pay his contract. $$$$$$$$$$

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm all for bringing him back. We shouldve kept him and JPhillips as it was. Now we get him back cheaper.

Hughes and Addison are on their way out. Snag him as depth for the playoff run, and a young vet presence next year.

Wow. Letting those two players walk was the right choice. Both got way overpaid and have done nothing since.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

We overpaid for Mario Addison and some other bums.

Mario Addison has 10 total sacks the past two years. Lawson has 5 total, with two different teams.

Addison has been twice the player that Lawson has been since Lawson left, for the same cost.

I don't want Addison here anymore, and I certainly don't want Lawson back.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Wow. Letting those two players walk was the right choice. Both got way overpaid and have done nothing since.

Player performance does not happen in a vacuum. I fully believe both would have continued to perform at/near their 2019 level if they had been kept. Shaq's role was changed drastically, and JPhillips lack of production was due to injuries which were sustained after he left the Bills' award winning Strength & Conditioning team. They were the swagger of our DLine and I dont think we lose to Tenn last year had they been here.

As for overpayment. They were paid $10M/yr compared to Vernon Butler's $7.5M, and Jefferson's $7M. Not that big of a difference, and those guys didnt/dont do much for us either. Beane can rework the cap numbers as needed. I'm not going to fret over a few million of Terry's money either way.

You can have your opinion. All good. But that's the logic behind my statement, and I stand by it.

• Disagree 1

I needed this thread LOL having had flu all week the levity is AWESOME .....I appfecite y'all!

but the other side of this i heck yes bring him back! He possibly will play up to the level of this bills brethren..... it would make an epic bills back to the fold  story.....HA!

in Beane I Trust. If he's got gas in his tank Bring IT!!!

m

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

We overpaid for Mario Addison and some other bums.

Yeah, our defense has been terrible the last couple years.

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Player performance does not happen in a vacuum. I fully believe both would have continued to perform at/near their 2019 level if they had been kept. Shaq's role was changed drastically, and JPhillips lack of production was due to injuries which were sustained after he left the Bills' award winning Strength & Conditioning team. They were the swagger of our DLine and I dont think we lose to Tenn last year had they been here.

As for overpayment. They were paid $10M/yr compared to Vernon Butler's $7.5M, and Jefferson's $7M. Not that big of a difference, and those guys didnt/dont do much for us either. Beane can rework the cap numbers as needed. I'm not going to fret over a few million of Terry's money either way.

You can have your opinion. All good. But that's the logic behind my statement, and I stand by it.

Quite a big difference , especially when tight with the cap. $5.5 million is significant in cap dollars for the Bills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.