Giants GM Dave Gettleman to retire on Monday

Greg S

14 minutes ago, mannc said:

Gettleman’s career is evidence that a random assortment of casual football fans can outperform some absurdly highly compensated NFL General Managers. An empty suit…

Then there are those fans who were crying in their beer when we didn't draft Josh Rosen.  

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Then there are those fans who were crying in their beer when we didn't draft Josh Rosen.  

Nope but he was my gym teacher.

https://www.dailyfreeman.com/sports/one-time-kingston-high-football-coach-dave-gettleman-named-giants-general-manager/article_faeaf244-7b15-5ff2-86f1-0c1ddab688da.html

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I remember the outrage in Buffalo when the Bills opted to use the first overall pick on a defensive end from Virginia Tech instead of a certain diminutive Heisman Trophy winner.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I hope Beane brings him in as a "Special Consultant".

It would be easy. Every opinion Gettleman has...just do the opposite 

It’s a good idea…Sort of a football version of Jim Cramer…

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I hope Beane brings him in as a "Special Consultant".

It would be easy. Every opinion Gettleman has...just do the opposite 

If every decision you’ve made is wrong 

then the opposite would have to be right. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The Giants really need to move on from Joe Judge next and just do a proper rebuild. Bring in a GM and coach combination that are in step with one another preferable they go with a up and coming coordinator and hand them the keys to the team. They will have 2 top 10 picks that is an opportunity to really properly rebuild. 

Daniel Jones is someone who, almost every time I watch him, I come away thinking that I have no clue if he’s good or not.  

Can’t say he’s good. 

Also can’t say he’s not good.  

He has talent, and some above average skills, but also makes horrible decisions and has been stuck running a terribly constructed offense. 

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Daniel Jones is someone who, almost every time I watch him, I come away thinking that I have no clue if he’s good or not.  

Can’t say he’s good. 

He has talent, and some above average skills, but also makes horrible decisions and has been stuck running a terribly constructed offense. 

Ha.  Brett Kollman did a piece on this called “Damn, Daniel” asking the question: “Is Daniel Jones actually a good QB?”

This was last year but I think the question still remains.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Can’t say he’s good. 

Thats how I feel. He makes some really good throws and is very athletic and then he makes some crazy bonehead play and it just leaves you guessing

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Greg S said:

(13) Chris Moore on Twitter: "I can confirm what has widely been speculated regarding Dave Gettleman, he will retire on Monday." / Twitter

It will be interesting to see who they hire as GM and if Mara forces them to work with Judge. They are a bigger **** show then the Jets. Also reported on WFAN. 

If I'm the new GM I think I'd keep Judge with the agreement that I'll give him one year to fully evaluate him and things around him.  If nothing else it gives the new GM kind of a free year.  If things continue to be bad he can then say blame it on Judge not him.  If he fires Judge the clock starts immediately on him.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Gettleman in Buffalo in some less work/stress front office role, maybe he take a full year off first and is hired in 2023.

Sounds better than being fired I guess.

8 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

If I'm the new GM I think I'd keep Judge with the agreement that I'll give him one year to fully evaluate him and things around him.  If nothing else it gives the new GM kind of a free year.  If things continue to be bad he can then say blame it on Judge not him.  If he fires Judge the clock starts immediately on him.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Gettleman in Buffalo in some less work/stress front office role, maybe he take a full year off first and is hired in 2023.

I want no part of that dinosaur.

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.