Giants GM Dave Gettleman to retire on Monday

Greg S

11 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

If I'm the new GM I think I'd keep Judge with the agreement that I'll give him one year to fully evaluate him and things around him.  If nothing else it gives the new GM kind of a free year.  If things continue to be bad he can then say blame it on Judge not him.  If he fires Judge the clock starts immediately on him.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Gettleman in Buffalo in some less work/stress front office role, maybe he take a full year off first and is hired in 2023.

No to Gettleman in Buffalo. He is terrible. The Giants are a joke and he is a big part of the reason why.

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Probably not........but turning around the Giants would be a great way to add to his legacy.    

I agree but he does have roots here, or at least he used to. My fiancee once sat next to him at a parent conference at a school on Long Island. She said he was polite and reserved. This was many years and at least 1 marriage ago lol.

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I wouldn't be shocked to see Gettleman in Buffalo in some less work/stress front office role, maybe he take a full year off first and is hired in 2023.

I'd be surprised as long as his contract has a clause requiring deduction on "alimony" from Jiants for any money paid in NFL.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

No to Gettleman in Buffalo. He is terrible. The Giants are a joke and he is a big part of the reason why.

I think he is wrong for top dog but he has skills which can be utilized when directed.

5 hours ago, Greg S said:

Yes the Giants are bad and he hasn't done much to help but he also was the GM when Carolina went to the SB.

When I look him up one thing I found out that I wasn't aware of his first job in the NFL was in Buffalo, Polian hired him in 1986 worked there till 93 in the scouting department.  While likely he was only one cog in the wheel, he was there for the formation of the Bills Super Bowl years.  Just saying!  Is a certain irony here.

Maybe he's not cut out for the GM role, but he may still have some useful skills to add to a front office.  Bills have already lost and likely could lose more of their front office so need to be replaced.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.