Where do you want the stadium?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Stadium Location

• Orchard Park
    • Downtown Buffalo
  2. 2. Open Air or Dome

• Open Air
    • Dome
  3. 3. Most you'd pay for a PSL (Assuming lower level between the 30s). Prices would go lower incrementally from there

• 5-10k
    • 2.5-5k
    • 1-2k
    • 1k or less

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks but I didn't say anything about why "they" were building it. What I said was it appears that a cheap, functional dome is the general consensus of what the customers want.

I don’t expect it to happen, but IMO a “cheap” functional fixed roof stadium is a much better option than an outdoor stadium with a bunch of “cool” bells and whistles. 

3 minutes ago, BTB said:

I don’t expect it to happen, but IMO a “cheap” functional fixed roof stadium is a much better option than an outdoor stadium with a bunch of “cool” bells and whistles. 

That’s exactly what I’m reading thru the tea leaves of the many responses and would seem most appropriate for WNY

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks but I didn't say anything about why "they" were building it. What I said was it appears that a cheap, functional dome is the general consensus of what the customers want.

Amenities weren't in the poll. The majority of the respondents in fact would pay at least 1000 for seat license.

I want covered seating, heated seats, heated hand warmers, heaters in every section, heated cup holders for hot chocolate, hot chocolate dispensers for every seat, heated walkways so the stairs stay ice free. The field should be uncovered because football is an outdoor sport. The players are getting soft.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Maybe but I don’t think $1,000 is going to get people the kind of amenities you think it will. 

It just gets you the right to buy a ticket, yes.  But the purpose of that charge isn't to build a better stadium---it's simply to unburden the owner from some of his contribution/obligation to the building of his new and more amenity packed, higher revenue generating stadium.

The state will contribute whatever it will, PSE will contribute the rest---and will charge season ticket buyers PSLs, which will be counted as "financed by owner" money for the new place.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills practiced indoors today. Lol. People just don't understand that bad weather is not an advantage for us anymore. Different game.

The bills have practiced outside multiple times this year preparing for bad weather 

And the bills have practiced outside routinely throughout the year for 50 years to prepare for bad weather 

12 - 1 at home in the playoffs... Certainly has always been an advantage 

And there's a reason why they're not going dome despite what people say

Edited by Buffalo716

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The bills have practiced outside multiple times this year preparing for bad weather 

And the bills have practiced outside routinely throughout the year for 50 years to prepare for bad weather 

12 - 1 at home in the playoffs... Certainly has always been an advantage 

And there's a reason why they're not going dome despite what people say

The field house was built at the end of the glory years. We've had very few home playoff games since.

Ever since the field house was built the Bills practice indoors whenever there's any precipitation.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The field house was built at the end of the glory years. We've had very few home playoff games since.

And we still Still practice outside even with the fieldhouse situationally 

Josh is 2-0 at home in the playoffs... 0-2 on road 

And the only fact is that a dome stadium gives a lesser quarterback the chance to play an amazing game.. a lot of quarterbacks could play a great game in a dome with perfect weather

Almost none are coming to the Ralph in subpar conditions and playing well... Josh has the ability to throw and run in those conditions when other quarterbacks can't throw

That's what gave Kemp Kelly and Josh the advantage in Buffalo... The ability to throw when others can't

In a dome a lot of quarterbacks could have a good day and end our season

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Amenities weren't in the poll. The majority of the respondents in fact would pay at least 1000 for seat license.

Would you like me to add something?  I was waiting for people to give specifics about what they wanted from a new stadium so I could add more questions, but not much was offered up.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

And we still Still practice outside even with the fieldhouse situationally 

Josh is 2-0 at home in the playoffs... 0-2 on road 

And the only fact is that a dome stadium gives a lesser quarterback the chance to play an amazing game.. a lot of quarterbacks could play a great game in a dome with perfect weather

Almost none are coming to the Ralph in subpar conditions and playing well... Josh has the ability to throw and run in those conditions when other quarterbacks can't throw

That's what gave Kemp Kelly and Josh the advantage in Buffalo... The ability to throw when others can't

In a dome a lot of quarterbacks could have a good day and end our season

Josh is not good in the elements. This is the problem. Fans have no idea what they're talking about and the Pegulas are asking us to decide.

Ask the players. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Josh is not good in the elements. This is the problem. Fans have no idea what they're talking about and the Pegulas are asking us to decide.

Ask the players. 

Dude Josh is perfectly fine in the elements.. just cuz he doesn't throw for 300 yards and 150 QR rating LOL

He literally played the best game I've ever seen a quarterback play in a windstorm

He hit diggs 60 yards down the field in 50 mph winds. He threw the ball better than any quarterback that ever lived in those conditions

He gives us a better chance in off weather than almost any quarterback alive

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Dude Josh is perfectly fine in the elements.. just cuz he doesn't throw for 300 yards and 150 QR rating LOL

He literally played the best game I've ever seen a quarterback play in a windstorm

He hit diggs 60 yards down the field in 50 mph winds. He threw the ball better than any quarterback that ever lived in those conditions

He gives us a better chance in off weather than almost any quarterback alive

I want Josh in perfect conditions as much as possible. Poor weather always hurts the good teams more than the bad teams. It's the great equalizer.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I want Josh in perfect conditions as much as possible. Poor weather always hurts the good teams more than the bad teams. It's the great equalizer.

Playing in a dome never helped Peyton Manning in the playoffs

It allowed lesser quarterbacks to play great games and beat him

Tom Brady and the elements in New England never hurt him. 

We lost to Jacksonville in great weather.. Josh is not immune to bad games in a beautiful climate

Edited by Buffalo716

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Playing in a dome never helped Peyton Manning in the playoffs

It allowed lesser quarterbacks to play great games and beat him

Tom Brady and the elements in New England never hurt him. 

We lost to Jacksonville in great weather.. Josh is not immune to bad games in a beautiful climate

The elements hurt every good QB. Numbers go down.

6 minutes ago, QCity said:

The elements hurt every bad QB too. Sometimes to the point where they can't even throw.

I would rather have an elite QB doing elite things. 

There are very few scary weather home fields. Snow is not the issue in Buffalo. It's the wintry mix and wind. Green Bay is cold and snow. The wind and rain isn't that bad in Green Bay. 

We have that nasty weather coming off the lake. It's just different.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The elements hurt every good QB. Numbers go down.

I agree that numbers go down

But all quarterbacks are not created equal... Mac Jones literally was not allowed to throw in that wind because he couldn't... Most quarterbacks would have to keep the ball within five 10 yards

Josh actually completed like 15 passes and had zip downfield... If we had a running game we would have blown the Patriots out

We would be almost unbeatable in those circumstances with a running game... Can Josh have a bad game in elements? sure 

But he's also very capable of always out playing the other quarterback which is a huge advantage

SB 1990 January 27

SB 2022 Feb 13 

+17 days deeper into January/Winter

HS sect. champ wk 1 of November.  

Maybe this is the nostalgia disconnect for “fall October outdoor football”

(HS ends vet day, NFL ends valentines!)

Edited by Since1981

52 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

beautiful-female-football-fans5.jpg

You want tiny flags??? Hmmmmm

I will say, yet again, I don’t really care as long as they remain in WNY. PERIOD. I’m sure we have that part covered, so I’m good. 

Having said that, I think a dome would help late season attendance. I go early in the season for a reason.  I’m an out-of-towner. I would not consider a late season game. That’s NOT a complaint, it’s just a fact. When I was a kid the bad weather games were almost more fun because of the bad weather. I am not a kid anymore, and I have a very nice big screen and a comfy couch. I’m good. 

MY ideal scenario would be a Minneapolis style facility downtown surrounded by hotels, restaurants and bars. If it were domed I’d consider late season games. The walk to the stadium in Nashville was a far easier and more pleasant experience than me getting near, then into and out of a lot in OP. This is admittedly from an out of towner, and just speaking strictly from that perspective. 

I could go on and on, but I expect an open air stadium in OP because it’s cheapest and easiest. That will make many people happy, including me. I just hope we have the same great sight lines as we do in The Ralph. 

Some choices like those which are in other stadiums:

Ice cold showers in visitors locker rooms.

Full stadium audio - listening not speakers - including visiting locker rooms.

Obstructing view seating where you cannot even see the field due to overhang and pillars.

Falling apart in less than cost of bonds to finance it.

Tickets sold for seats which were not owned

On 1/5/2022 at 12:30 PM, Nextmanup said:

Yet another thread debating a dome?

They are NOT GOING TO BUILD A DOME IN WNY!

Get over it!

It costs too much money and the owner of the team doesn't want it! 

PS:  I can't believe how may fans think a stadium in Orchard Park is a good idea.

Jesus Christ.

You are a bundle of joy lol

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Limeaid said:

You expect there to be love seats installed?

I got a dual  leather lazy boy recliner  a console with storage and cup holders parked in front of my 55" HD LED TV ;)

At least give me something with padding if you want my money ;)

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

It just gets you the right to buy a ticket, yes.  But the purpose of that charge isn't to build a better stadium---it's simply to unburden the owner from some of his contribution/obligation to the building of his new and more amenity packed, higher revenue generating stadium.

The state will contribute whatever it will, PSE will contribute the rest---and will charge season ticket buyers PSLs, which will be counted as "financed by owner" money for the new place.

Let me put it a different way. I think most Bills fans would easily trade the bells and whistles for a roof, so as to not sit out in the cold, rain, and wind. Their message to the Pegulas would be to save their money. Invest in a simple, non-retractable, or skylit roof. And don't squander their investment on wifi, multi-million dollar video boards, operable walls/roofs, and luxury suites that most fans will never sit in.  WNY is not Los Angeles. Very few Hollywood celebrities are going to be sitting 'court side'. 

On 1/5/2022 at 12:30 PM, Nextmanup said:

Yet another thread debating a dome?

They are NOT GOING TO BUILD A DOME IN WNY!

Get over it!

It costs too much money and the owner of the team doesn't want it! 

PS:  I can't believe how may fans think a stadium in Orchard Park is a good idea.

Jesus Christ.

Get over a dome but don't get over an OP stadium?

The owner wants it in OP for the same reasons.

On 1/5/2022 at 10:34 PM, Just Jack said:

Or, just hear me out, all home games in the first half of the season, on the road the last half.  

How about 3 in September and October then 1 in November, December and January

Easy fix to the dome problem

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.