Week 17 Gameday Bills vs Falcons Postgame Thread -PLAYOFFS!

Chandler#81

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

less worried about that fumble and more about Stevenson running into his own blockers and taking brutal hits on just about every return. Really bad game by him. 

He’s been scaring me every time he gets the ball kicked to him - he has horrible vision on where the tacklers and blockers are, runs upright, and doesn’t have good hands.  It’s baffling. I would put McKenzie back out there.  I’m just not sure what the staff is thinking on this one. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Yes, the DBs on defense were disrupting routes and playing aggressive. The WRs are used to being able to make sharp cuts to counter but they are limited on a slippery turf.

Agree completely. When I went back and watched some of the routes, Beasley, for example, was limited— his quick cuts on the option routes in the snow just didn’t work. Same with Diggs. Falcons were mostly playing man, and our guys weren’t getting a ton of separation.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Another awful officiating game from

Land Clark and crew. Not as bad as the Jax game, but a lot of errors today.

1) called an Offside on the Bills, when there was a clear hitch and false start on Atl. This continues the theme of this crew just not seeing false starts. 

2) Picking up there flag on a late hit slide on Josh Allen. That was inexplicable and no explanation was given.

3) On second and goal on the second TD drive, Dawson Knox gets just knocked over by his defender as he is running a route. No call. (The same thing happened on 4th down  and goal to Diggs, -and Beasley had to plead for the flag, which was thrown like 3 seconds after the play).

4) Numerous missed illegal downfield linemen calls. The Falcons ran a lot of delayed screens, and I re-watched them— you had lineman sometimes 7-8 yards downfield with the ball still in Ryan’s hand. Happened multiple times, and only called once.

5) pretty weak roughing call on Oliver, but I guess that happens every week. 

These are all from my Bills point of view, but I am sure there were lots of bad or missed calls the other way too. I have seen enough of this crew. Really a bottom feeder group of the NFL. Most college games Are called much better. 

- there was a bad missed hold call on Milano, forgot the play, but u could see the jersey pulled on the replay.

-the off setting crack back...never saw the replay.

- Matty Ice taunt was a bad call. We would have still won. Didn't like it.

8 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

He’s been scaring me every time he gets the ball kicked to him - he has horrible vision on where the tacklers and blockers are, runs upright, and doesn’t have good hands.  It’s baffling. I would put McKenzie back out there.  I’m just not sure what the staff is thinking on this one. 

I think Stevenson looks tentative and hesitant. He does not have it as an NFL return guy. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm really not worried about Stevenson. Tackler was able to spear the ball with his helmet on that play. Only gripe I have with him is he is tentative. He's a rookie and just needs to gain more confidence. The kid is taking a beating because he doesn't cut confidently and is getting creamed. He's got the speed. He just needs to use his vision better and without the tentative crap. What I don't like seeing is dropping the ball.

21 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agree completely. When I went back and watched some of the routes, Beasley, for example, was limited— his quick cuts on the option routes in the snow just didn’t work. Same with Diggs. Falcons were mostly playing man, and our guys weren’t getting a ton of separation.

Yep, playing in the snow is a whole other animal. You can use that to your advantage, and I think over time the WR's will figure it out. They should practice outdoors in these elements occasionally.

40 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Another awful officiating game from

Land Clark and crew. Not as bad as the Jax game, but a lot of errors today.

1) called an Offside on the Bills, when there was a clear hitch and false start on Atl. This continues the theme of this crew just not seeing false starts. 

2) Picking up there flag on a late hit slide on Josh Allen. That was inexplicable and no explanation was given.

3) On second and goal on the second TD drive, Dawson Knox gets just knocked over by his defender as he is running a route. No call. (The same thing happened on 4th down  and goal to Diggs, -and Beasley had to plead for the flag, which was thrown like 3 seconds after the play).

4) Numerous missed illegal downfield linemen calls. The Falcons ran a lot of delayed screens, and I re-watched them— you had lineman sometimes 7-8 yards downfield with the ball still in Ryan’s hand. Happened multiple times, and only called once.

5) pretty weak roughing call on Oliver, but I guess that happens every week. 

These are all from my Bills point of view, but I am sure there were lots of bad or missed calls the other way too. I have seen enough of this crew. Really a bottom feeder group of the NFL. Most college games Are called much better. 

The Oliver call was legit. You'd have been screaming if a Falcons player hit Josh that late. Watching it in real time on TV, I knew it was a penalty before the flag came out. Clear as day. 

The picking up the flag on a late hit on the QB, though, is inexcusable. As bad as the league wants to protect QBs, you just can't do that.

On the second Josh pick, Beasley got hit hard off his route 12 yards downfield, which directly led to the INT. At the very least, it should have been illegal contact since it was past 5 yards. 5 yards and an automatic first down instead of a pick.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, CLTbills said:

The Oliver call was legit. You'd have been screaming if a Falcons player hit Josh that late. Watching it in real time on TV, I knew it was a penalty before the flag came out. Clear as day. 

The picking up the flag on a late hit on the QB, though, is inexcusable. As bad as the league wants to protect QBs, you just can't do that.

On the second Josh pick, Beasley got hit hard off his route 12 yards downfield, which directly led to the INT. At the very least, it should have been illegal contact since it was past 5 yards. 5 yards and an automatic first down instead of a pick.

I thought it was because Oliver hit Ryan helmet to helmet. Not because it was a late hit.??

33 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

- there was a bad missed hold call on Milano, forgot the play, but u could see the jersey pulled on the replay.

-the off setting crack back...never saw the replay.

- Matty Ice taunt was a bad call. We would have still won. Didn't like it.

I think Stevenson looks tentative and hesitant. He does not have it as an NFL return guy. 

Matty Ice spiked the ball at Poyers head.  That was why the flag was thrown

33 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I thought it was because Oliver hit Ryan helmet to helmet. Not because it was a late hit.??

His helmet hit him on the chin...but still too close to the head

36 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I think the Ref felt very sorry for the Falcon defender...I mean you never know if Josh is ever going to slide feet first and avoid that contact...All these players have been asked to hit 17 and hit him hard...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.